Melbourne Football

Matchday 11: v Victory - Saturday 21st December 5 pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

I can see this going 2 says, they will park the bus and it will be an absolute bore nil all. Or we will open them up like we did Newcastle. I don't see them having the quality in midfield to split us open. Basha, Poulsen and Kamsoba is hardly intimidating 

I'm playing the same 11 as last week to start, the only possible change is moving Cabrera to left so that he can run at Lesiotis, and hopefully do a number on a player out of position like he did Kotroumbis

Have we ever played a derby in daylight,  that is finished a derby in daylight.  I'm just concerned it is going to look more shit than normal. 

1 minute ago, Tommykins said:

I have an incredibly stupid question RE: this - I have managed to get given some City Class tickets for this, does anyone know if there's a dress code to get there? I'm presuming not.

No navy blue or anything resembling a v, i would go as far as avoiding a v neck or anything similar. 

37 minutes ago, Nate said:

you can thank our daddy overlords at Fox Sports HQ for that one

It's for the free to air telecast in pretty sure, ABC wanted some marquee games at 5pm. Sydney vs Victory was supposed to be 5pm Saturday a few weeks ago until ffa changed it to suit Sydney 

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

I have an incredibly stupid question RE: this - I have managed to get given some City Class tickets for this, does anyone know if there's a dress code to get there? I'm presuming not.

I belive their is a dress code, but from memory its not that strict.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tommykins said:

I think for memory it's just no thongs and boardies kind of dress code

I'd personally like to see Berenguer in - I think the extra thrust we got from Genreau out of the middle proved that :

A) We really shouldn't move Brilliante from the base of our midfield because he's considerably better there.

and

B ) Having a more attacking threat in that position seems to make a big difference. 

Edited by Tommykins
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I'd personally like to see Berenguer in - I think the extra thrust we got from Genreau out of the middle proved that :

A) We really shouldn't move Brilliante from the base of our midfield because he's considerably better there.

and

B ) Having a more attacking threat in that position seems to make a big difference. 

Spot on.

It does make me wonder if last was coincidental because Griffiths was sick or pure a tactical. If it’s the first then Griffiths will start again.

18 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

and

Clear to me after we lost to Brisbane five weeks ago.

Mombaerts clearly a slow learner.

Be interesting what the gaffer does.

I’m nervous about Luna and Berenguer starting together, both strike me as similar players who can go missing when we don’t have the ball. Asking a lot of Brillante in that circumstance.

Id start Metcalfe myself but having said that if “the footballer” Berenguer turns up then he’ll shred the Tards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Be interesting what the gaffer does.

I’m nervous about Luna and Berenguer starting together, both strike me as similar players who can go missing when we don’t have the ball. Asking a lot of Brillante in that circumstance.

Id start Metcalfe myself but having said that if “the footballer” Berenguer turns up then he’ll shred the Tards

Metcalfe Brillante Luna has a good balance I think 

Yeah, team selection will be interesting this week. Tards are struggling and as Mombaerts is a more offensive coach, he should really go for their throats early and play attacking as possible.

For mine, that means Griffiths will be a sub, even though he was out last week due to sickness.

As Luna and Cabrera thoroughly deserve the right to start, the other big decision as noted then is who will replace Genreau. Given i think he will go with the same attacking midfield triangle as last week (2 advanced mids and 1 defensive), Berenguer may get the nod as he is probably more attacking than Metcalfe. However Metcalfe is fitter and being a natural lefty, slots in well on the left hand side of the two advanced mids, next to Noone. Luna will be on the right of the midfield linking up with Cabrera again. Brillante is the DM obviously.

The rest should be the same as last week.

Can't wait for it.

• Like 1