Melbourne Football

Matchday 11: v Victory - Saturday 21st December 5 pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

25 minutes ago, Embee said:

He wanted a million a year, which we weren't able to offer given Florins backended deal.

Sydney made him an offer also as far as I understand, although it also fell short of a mil a year, so he went overseas.

Right so we were stuck due to this Berenguer deal and bringing Floring under cap would have caused too much choppin at other players.

We could have backloaded his contract too. Anyhow it’s past.

Edited by Mr MO

All well and good but if he's not stupid which I assume he isn't then he would know that achieving a million per season is almost unrealistic. If he had desire to stay because of the football, the league, the country he would have asked or negotiated something lower. But all this says to me is his frame of mind was that he's way too good for this league, no great interest from a football perspective but he could get try to get an exorbitant pay package in order to stay. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, n i k o said:

All well and good but if he's not stupid which I assume he isn't then he would know that achieving a million per season is almost unrealistic. If he had desire to stay because of the football, the league, the country he would have asked or negotiated something lower. But all this says to me is his frame of mind was that he's way too good for this league, no great interest from a football perspective but he could get try to get an exorbitant pay package in order to stay. 

But I take from Embee - if it wasn’t for Florins backloaded contract we would have perhaps signed Schenkeveld. CFG could meet his wage demands but didn’t know what to do with Berenguer.

Edited by Mr MO

On 24/12/2019 at 10:48 PM, Mr MO said:

But I take from Embee - if it wasn’t for Florins backloaded contract we would have perhaps signed Schenkeveld. CFG could meet his wage demands but didn’t know what to do with Berenguer.

Chad Bort vs Virgin Florian

Edited by haz
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mr MO said:

If stories are to be believed, further complications were introduced by the contracts with Maclaren and Brillante. I still have no idea what CFG though that they were doing with Berenguer. A player released from his Ligue 2 club in France being offered a back-loaded two year contract of such magnitude that he could possibly become a marquee player depending on other signings? He may have shown some signs of value in small cameos this season but he showed nothing at all last season and overall he's contributed next to nothing to the club. He just doesn't feature, either on or off the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1