Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

FFA reprimand. Recognised the efforts the club has made. Fair enough I reckon.

Reports coming out of Germany say they have signed Maximilian Beister from Mainz 05 II for the remainder of this season. Has played just one match this season for the 3rd XI.

Isnt transfer window closed?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

Isnt transfer window closed?

AFAIK, yes. But it didn't appear to affect us signing Colazo on loan from Boca, and Beister is also on loan. Maybe the rules are different for loanees? But there are so many bloody rules it is hard to keep up with them.

Due to the current unworkable circumstances present at Melbourne Victory matches in Victoria, the North Terrace has resolved to cease the co-ordination of organised support indefinitely, as the values the North Terrace were founded on are no longer reflected in the current culture and environment.

All fans wishing to continue to support within the designated active areas will not be aligned with the North Terrace identity. All materials and leadership will not be present at future matches.

OUR WAY.

.....is it wrong that I'm interpreting the NT's statement as "they won't let us be twats any-more, so we're taking our ball and going home"?

Edit: and looking over the facebook comments is making me think this even moreso......

Edited by ecguymer

sat right against the players tunnel, fuck me all muscat does is whinge and that jp cunt is a fuckwit
coming back up from the half time break he's still hassling the ref about the goal, going on about two sides and how this is disgraceful
seriously don't know how he hasn't been sent off or been fined when he's swearing that much at officials

It is the worst decision by the FFA to fund Tim Ca$hill going to this club. 
The FFA has effectively invested $750,000 in Melbourne Heart, the FFA, and the wider football community, are part owners of that club for this season. David Gallop as head of the FFA, and by default the head of the wider football community, needs to get on the phone to JVS and ask "what the fuck are you doing to our club?" 

The A-League is in the toughest sports market in the world, no other country has four football codes and cricket competing for the same fans and sponsorship dollars. To see the fourth official have to take the ball off JVS and then hand it to a City player so City could take a throw in is beyond belief. Cahill was brought in to increase exposure and get more people watching the games, can we see a replay of that substitution at the 93 minute mark when your team is leading 2-0? That was really exciting, JVS. 

Melbourne heart are a shit team to watch. People can say they've beaten us twice, blah, blah, blah. But they are not an exciting team to watch. The walking to take a throw in, the deciding who is going to take the throw in, the 'keeper moving the ball three times before he kicks, the 'keeper taking his time to get the ball, the rolling round in agony at the slightest touch, the absolute lack of urgency...none of these are things that non-City fans find exciting. 

The ratings of an A-League match cannot rely on fans of the competing teams, the AFL/NRL are in the same boat, so you need the neutrals to watch the game. The big bash league seems to be watched mostly by neutrals as ratings of interstate games will show. I have been going on about this for years (sorry to all the people who sit near me who have to put with me yelling "what is he doing, ref?" week in week out), but the complete lack of urgency by A-League teams and the referees accommodating that time wasting is holding the game back.

Last season Adelaide United, when playing Newcastle, had a throw in and four players touched the ball before it was thrown in, imo the ref should have given a yellow card to players two and three who passed the ball to another player before the throw in was actually taken, but ffs City has $750,000 of our money and it is going down the drain on a club who is not entertaining.

Those fucking lines of cops really put me in a shitty mood tonight...

Particularly enjoyed this. All I can say is a massive LOL!!! Can go and pick this apart and comment on points made but seriously who can be fucked. This guys is a deadset dumb cunt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredinho69 said:

Particularly enjoyed this. All I can say is a massive LOL!!! Can go and pick this apart and comment on points made but seriously who can be fucked. This guys is a deadset dumb cunt

Gee they are a deluded bunch...he just about wrote a short story there and repeated the same shit twice. 

NT? Tough shit to these crybaby wannabes.

I am tired of these asshats demanding the right to throw flares.

I spent a good many years on the Trent End at Forest, and at away games, First Division, then the EPL and Championship... and I never saw a bloody flare ever, anywhere..

These w*** watch Fox coverage of league games in Turkey, Argentina, Greece, Italy, etc etc etc make a flag and throw a scarf over their face and suddenly they are ''ultras''.

Oh bloody stop it, you are making my ribs ache,.

Now bugger off to  to the terraces at Inter or Boca Juniors or wherever. You f****** morons.

17 hours ago, ecguymer said:

To not spoil the other thread, Muscat has been found guilty and given a $5k fine (and 7 business days to appeal if he wants to do so)

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-finds-kevin-muscat-guilty-under-national-code-of-conduct/c7a9a12pzcjm17oriaglfc4yk

It does beg the question though as to whether a manager should have the right to dispute decisions. 

Let's assume that Muscat was right about the decisions of the referees. The practical effect of fining him to gag debate about what might be major incompetence or corruption.

I'm looking beyond Muscat's situation and the situation of all the managers. City could easily find itself in Victory's situation next game and what would JVS's rights be to object? I'm not saying the decisions were right or wrong, only commenting on a manager's right to raise objections.