Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see the close up shot where it says in writing "Melbourne victory" and "Melbourne boys are still number one"?

Pulled this from the link below

"The graphic detail features a repeat call out 'Melbourne boys are still number one' in reverence to the classic Melbourne Victory fan chant."

(Can't post the photos so I linked them here)

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/article/melbourne-victory-reveals-adidas-home-kit-for-2016-17-season/1xtiyhr1uo8ev12pwdj60l6bqe

Edited by coys
Fuck up

21 hours ago, Tesla said:

FFA should have let them sign Diamanti, would do more on the pitch than Essien. Though I confess Essien does have a higher profile due to EPL fanboys.

Tbh they could have signed him anyway, Yet they elect to keep someone like Bozanic as a marquee.

They tried to call FFAs bluff and failed 

Surely a well-run club like Victory (*ducks for cover) haven't put all their eggs into one basket. They'll have a back-up plan of some sort. 

Unfortunately they have still have a visa spot free, and a guest marquee spot obviously. I was hoping Essien would sign and wouldn't get on the park but now they can potentially add a decent fit player.

On paper, their squad is just as strong as our squad, with similar strengths and weaknesses. 

On 9/14/2016 at 8:02 PM, Nate said:

Why can't we recruit like this?

Based on what?

To me, they are a back-wards looking squad whilst we are a forwards looking squad for the A-league. Exploring a new pedigree of player (ie a non 45 year old south american) to take the league forward.

Their 'improvements' are just going back to the same old - sure Rojas and Troisi were good here years ago but really, years in europe and they have done pretty much nothing, perhaps gone backwards.

Hopefully, it will be seen that the league here has gone forwards and it wont be as easy for them.

Their squad has names, but you need to look beyond that. Essien aint happening and he is finished anyway, Valeri who knows, Troisi and Rojas as above. They really cant afford Berisha to go down.

I think they had a real a-league point of difference with Finkler (that peg was something else) and Kosta gave them real width esp when used in Tandem with Khalfallah.

On 9/15/2016 at 9:27 AM, jw1739 said:

Just goes to show that we shouldn't have taken on Cahill in return for concessions from FFA. Once the rules were changed it was inevitable that some other clubs - especially Victory - would take advantage of it. We didn't and don't need Cahill from a football perspective.

Really? Really?

TBO, for this level I cant think of a more perfect partner for Bruno (in theory). Just a total combination of quality and strengths in that pair with either one being able to play with, next to, in front of the other etc - could see a real homage to the fluid formational change that we see in the City Footy Group  (Pep Man city) who searches for players who can player various roles with constant movement and change.

If they dont work, it will say more about JVS than them IMHO.

34 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Since when does operating completely within the rules equate to cheating. In fact, they are exact opposite concepts. I know no one has ever accused their fans of being intelligent, but this is a new low.

Their fans are highly intelligent... a few prospective students for the Global Terrorism Research Centre at Monash University amongst that bunch.

Just now, Dylan said:

Can only do 20 min halves in Fifa.

i forgot to add change any other settings you want just not the ones above

I haven't played fifa for years but i am sure you used to be able put it to 45 min halves. I played on easy once to see if i could get over 100 but i got bored

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

I haven't played fifa for years but i am sure you used to be able put it to 45 min halves. I played on easy once to see if i could get over 100 but i got bored

Yeah, I remember 45 minutes halves in a few versions but mainly in the first version where they went to the proper pitch and scrapped they shitty diagonal pitch (I had a copy of this on a secondhand Mega Drive at College).

Anyway the version I am thinking of is 1996 because I remember Blackburn being really good and having to trade Shearer to NUFC to make more realistic. Anyway my mate and I played 45 minutes once and stopped at like 35 to 20.

However a lot of the goals being from Corners because if you highlighted the block nearer the flag the guy next to him always headed it in... to the point that this Central Defender usually won man of the match.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Fifa 98 with the easy goalkeeper goals though if you had a keeper that could kick thr ball far. Mark Bosnich golden boot.

I think it was 99 where you could do a spin or flick move and get past pretty much anyone at any time using anyone. I used to try and win games only scoring goals with the keeper. 

37 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Any fifa game that doesnt let you randomly walk up to the opposition goalkeeper and slide tackle him is a disgrace.

Yeah, I have to agree that any Soccer Video Game really should be judged on funny shit you can do/to with the Keeper... that will always be the pinnacle of the genre.

Does anyone remember those arcade games not sure if it was Mexico 86 or Italia 90 but when that hit the milkbar near my school our lives changed. Actually must have been Mexico 86. With 40 cents to win the world cup guaranteed legendary status.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Does anyone remember those arcade games not sure if it was Mexico 86 or Italia 90 but when that hit the milkbar near my school our lives changed. Actually must have been Mexico 86. With 40 cents to win the world cup guaranteed legendary status.

I remember in like 1991 reading old Video Game magazines from 1989/1990 where Sega tried to make a big deal about Italia 90...

Then I remember being pretty disappointed when playing it against my dad at Timezone and when hiring it out to play it on my Master System Two (Yeah - I am that old I can remember hiring Master System games).

LOL - I cant find a picture but anyone remember the Timezone game when you kicked a real ball attached to a rope in a Penalty Shoot Out... I use to play that heaps with my Younger Brothers at Freo Timezone and every third kick the machine would fuck up.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

I remember in like 1991 reading old Video Game magazines from 1989/1990 where Sega tried to make a big deal about Italia 90 and then playing it at Timezone and hiring it out to play it on my Master System Two (Yeah - I am that old I can remember hiring Master System games) and playing it against my dad and thinking it was pretty shit.

I remember a mate got a Vic 20. It had like a tape deck for a drive and it took probably 20 minutes to load a game.

One day one of his old style wog uncles saw us playing and he took him aside and told him to stop wasting time playing games and try and work out this weeks tattslotto numbers. 

• Like 2