Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

18 hours ago, ecguymer said:

To not spoil the other thread, Muscat has been found guilty and given a $5k fine (and 7 business days to appeal if he wants to do so)

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-finds-kevin-muscat-guilty-under-national-code-of-conduct/c7a9a12pzcjm17oriaglfc4yk

Also 

Check this out. You can now contribute to paying off Kev's fine.. or maybe not. The fund has been going 16 hours but has only raised $160. Great support from the Victory fans!   

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-kevs-fine-2wf3gxg?ssid=785677319&pos=1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, pberrett said:

It does beg the question though as to whether a manager should have the right to dispute decisions. 

Let's assume that Muscat was right about the decisions of the referees. The practical effect of fining him to gag debate about what might be major incompetence or corruption.

I'm looking beyond Muscat's situation and the situation of all the managers. City could easily find itself in Victory's situation next game and what would JVS's rights be to object? I'm not saying the decisions were right or wrong, only commenting on a manager's right to raise objections. 

That's not what he was fined for. He was fined for questioning the integrity of the ref.

You are allowed to question and dispute decisions; you are NOT allowed to call the referee a cheat.

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

has this kid actually done anything? youth level?
puts a couple of mediocre ozil like passes out wide and cunts lose their mind

He doesn't need to do anything but show a remote amount of talent against grown men at his age to have European clubs circling.

I've said it a few times in relation to other young A-league players who get interest from Europe, just playing a few times in the A-League at 18 or under years of age is already more than the majority of players in  the youth setup of European clubs are doing.

FOLLOW-UP STATEMENT FROM NOMADI / HORDA re North Terrace
In light of the recent announcement regarding the indefinite ceasing of active support by the North Terrace at Melbourne Victory matches, it would be only fair that the reasons behind this decision are explained to our many supporters and critics alike. In the wake of the Round 2 match against the City Football Group on Saturday 15 October, the leadership group, the North Terrace Collective, determined that the current situation for active support in the North End is untenable and unsustainable. In terms of the prevailing culture and standards of our own supporter base and our relationship with the Melbourne Victory Football Club, not to mention the authorities including Victoria Police, stadium security and the FFA.
This difficult decision was a long time coming, with the recently imposed 'minimum standard' regime of allocated seating combined with fixed memberships - both of which restrict freedom of movement and expression, leadership and growth within the terrace - being the ultimate reason for the decision. It is essentially a very bad deal.
Since 2005 the North Terrace has endeavored - against tremendous odds - to advance the cause of active support in Australian football and specifically provide an atmosphere and spectacle that our players and the general fan base truly appreciate. In doing so, over the past 11 years we have staunchly maintained our independence from club and commercial interests alike; provided an at times radical, always critical, voice in defence of our game and fellow supporters against sanitisation and exploitation. We have consistently stood up for the rights and freedoms of active supporters. In doing so, we have also created a community that is very real, more real to us than the contrived football franchise that essentially brought us together. We have shown remarkable solidarity and discipline in numerous meaningful actions, that at least to some extent, were appreciated by the wider football community. Admittedly we have been occasionally controversial and divisive through our actions, and acknowledge the concerns of our critics who feared the perceived negative impact of North Terrace ‘fanaticism’ on the game and its future. Despite being factional, at its core our community is tight-knit, supportive and committed.
This is contrasted with many examples of repression and heavy handedness by the authorities. Often in the guise of:
• Excessive and counter-productive stadium bans and match day restrictions imposed by the FFA and related third parties.
• Disingenuous, frustrating and / or fruitless negotiations on the part of the Club, resulting in a general dissolution of our own supporter culture within the Terrace. This has led to widespread apathy and a loss of ‘mentality’ that have sadly taken their toll on the North Terrace.__
Many have commented that the North Terrace should persevere, push on and overcome these issues. People need to keep in mind the amount of dedication, hard work and personal risk it has taken to keep the Terrace going over these years. For someone to step up and be a leader in this scene, to try to influence others for better or worse, is a big ask, a huge responsibility.
The current restrictions imposed on the North Terrace, together with the unrealistic expectations of the club and possibly the wider fan base, make effective leadership at best an unenviable task, at worst an impossible one. To the point that, for members of an organised supporters group to attend matches, it is no longer a thing of enjoyment as it should be. For those that lead the Terrace, the capos, it has become a stressful burden (capos and other leaders are entrusted to take up these informal, voluntary positions of leadership based on the respect, good will and camaraderie of their peers, not through a formal application process overseen by the Club).
Marches have been banned, group and message banners restricted, approved and paid-for tifos and choreographies refused and cancelled at the last minute, flags and standards have been limited in distribution. Not to mention, provocative security and police who almost always chose the ‘take-down’ over a peaceful, restorative solution and ongoing surveillance and blacklisting by a private and unaccountable counter-terrorism consultancy firm with a vested interest in trouble at the football. And finally, restrictive memberships and the introduction of a new seating regime that prevents friends being allowed to stand with friends and new participants, ensuring that they cannot participate freely in the North Terrace.
THE FUTURE
This is not a protest or a boycott or a strike. For the North Terrace to continue as its traditional self in this climate, is a battle we cannot win. In short, it’s over. We would kindly request that fans who choose to continue with active support in the North End: 
• No longer refer to the North End as the ‘North Terrace’
• No longer chant the name ‘North Terrace’ in any songs (E.g. ‘Horto Magico’)
• No longer wear North Terrace merchandise and cease the distribution of stickers
• Do not attempt to resurrect the North Terrace by name or tradition.
We do not wish that our name be sullied by club-appointed representatives that fail to uphold the tenet of independence that the North Terrace was founded upon.
Finally, it would be most appropriate to thank our members, anything from 1,500 to 2,000 fans who over 11 years proudly considered themselves ‘NT’ and supported the cause so brilliantly, be it through voice, loyalty, dollar, talent or idea. Many thanks also to those of the wider Melbourne Victory fan base; the many men, women and children who appreciated and supported the North Terrace over the years. Many thanks are also extended to the players and a handful of Melbourne Victory staff who supported the North Terrace over the years.
NT ’05 – OUR WAY

:lowy:

I think that NT brought a lot of positive things to the game and those will be missed. Unfortunately they also brought a lot of negative things and struggled to exclude unhelpful elements from their supporter base. It's ironic that the first time they actually excluded a flare lighter from the terrace was also their last act as a group. Whilst I personally think that smokies can be used safely the way that they and RBB have gone about it has only hardened the opposition to their use.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

That piece should win a literary award for self righteous tripe.  There I was thinking football was about 11 v 11 and a round ball.  Silly me.

It was, once.

"Picture this, you're gazing down
Upon that smoky factory town.
Weaves of streets spread out, converge
And from the houses boys emerge.

Specks of boys, a broad selection
Heading off in one direction
Pulled by some magnetic itch
Up to the park, on to the pitch.

Boys in boots and boys in wellies
Skinny boys and boys with bellies
Tiny boys with untied laces
Brainy boys with violin cases.

The match was played to certain rules
By boys from certain streets and schools
Who since their babyhood had known
Which patch of earth to call their own.

The pitch, meanwhile, you'd have to say
Was nothing, just a place to play
No nets, no posts, no lines, alas
The only thing it had was grass."

An extract from "The Match" by Allan Ahlberg

Edited by jw1739

11 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Ever had a flare thrown at you in the name of atmosphere? How about followed after games getting your picture taken as you walk down the street? How about getting hit across the face with a belt as you leave a game?

These are all examples from the past 12 months, fuck these cunts they bring nothing to the game

The actions of 1 or 2 idiots dont necessarily speak for the majority 

10 hours ago, Chris p said:

The actions of 1 or 2 idiots dont necessarily speak for the majority 

Majority or not is irrelevant. Those actions are real and affect other real people. They bring the game into disrepute and are a major reason why the game doesn't grow as we might otherwise expect.

16 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Ever had a flare thrown at you in the name of atmosphere? How about followed after games getting your picture taken as you walk down the street? How about getting hit across the face with a belt as you leave a game?

These are all examples from the past 12 months, fuck these cunts they bring nothing to the game

I liked when one of the leaders of the nt made an announcement urging violence against women and children because they support a different team to them. Oh man. The atmosphere was fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

haha what? Where was this?

I think it was before the infamous Muskrat tackle derby. I will see if i can find it. I cant remember the exact details but it was a call to all victory supporters to remind heart supporters that melbourne belongs to them and encouraged spitting on young children and women along with taking scarves and merch off heart supporters

18 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I think it was before the infamous Muskrat tackle derby. I will see if i can find it. I cant remember the exact details but it was a call to all victory supporters to remind heart supporters that melbourne belongs to them and encouraged spitting on young children and women along with taking scarves and merch off heart supporters

I'm pretty sure that was a parody 

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Can confirm my friend had her scarf stolen. I bet they felt real hard, 4 guys taking a scarf off 1 girl.