• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Beat them twice in a month

Fans are tilting

NT Folding

And now their cult hero Archie Thompson has hopped on the City bandwagon, sooner or later the club is going to fold.

14937478_10205860604312891_2747743186043695951_n.jpg?oh=6e1ce4e5d043bb24f1e0db94b62348df&oe=58D18C9D

now I have to throw my QC35 in the bin as this super flog uses them too

what are you doing with this turd Tim

14 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously, I really have to respect whoever wrote this... great to finally after years of denial for a Mong come out and give an accurate depiction of the reasons why the North Terrace has so many issues with its club and the FFA.

http://outside90.com/everyone-loses-after-dissolvement-of-the-north-terrace/

That's a cracking article. Absolutely nails it.

Think Melburnians are doing a good job at limiting the impact of the casual scene on the terrace, but let it be a lesson to everyone of what happens when you give them any degree of control.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously, I really have to respect whoever wrote this... great to finally after years of denial for a Mong come out and give an accurate depiction of the reasons why the North Terrace has so many issues with its club and the FFA.

http://outside90.com/everyone-loses-after-dissolvement-of-the-north-terrace/

I cant believe its taken this long for an article on this topic that uses common sense and realizes that this situation is a two way street

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I cant believe its taken this long for an article on this topic that uses common sense and realizes that this situation is a two way street

Common sense is unfortunately not that common and obviously those directly involved in this long saga are way out of touch with the current environment. 

Be interesting to see what fills the void. Could be worse. 

Just now, bt50 said:

That's a cracking article. Absolutely nails it.

Think Melburnians are doing a good job at limiting the impact of the casual scene on the terrace, but let it be a lesson to everyone of what happens when you give them any degree of control.

I really hope that maybe some of the PPL on here who being abled to avoid the MV bullies when they go to games find it so easy to run with with the "Media hates Soccer" and "Police hate Soccer" lines take notice of this article... because those of us from back in the Active Heart Days have seen this contradiction since day dot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cadete said:

I really hope that maybe some of the PPL on here who being abled to avoid the MV bullies when they go to games find it so easy to run with with the "Media hates Soccer" and "Police hate Soccer" lines take notice of this article... because those of us from back in the Active Heart Days have seen this contradiction since day dot.

Absolutely, although that issue is more complex than just one way or the other.

45 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Absolutely, although that issue is more complex than just one way or the other.

Being inexplicably attacked by a certain leadership group while enjoying a rare night without kids, at the pub with the mrs watching heart play an away game seemed pretty one way to me. 

*whilst certain well known fox sport media personalities watched on without any major concern

*It didnt help that our fan engagement officer told me to settle down when I told him "This is a perfect summary of what its like to be a Heart supporter. And you wonder why we have trouble attracting new supporters"

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

No-one except the most insightless moron would argue that those behaviours were OK or indeed unrelated to the heavy-handed Policing. NT and visitors supporters did bring colour and passion to our game. It's a terrible shame that they couldn't see that we could have the latter without the former.

• Like 1

On 4 November 2016 at 0:51 PM, cadete said:

Yep pretty much this. The most scarring moment of my whole life came at the hand of some 'heroes' from the north terrace who thought it would be perfectly acceptable to threaten a 13 year old kid with violence to gain possession of his scarf. I'm not much of a city fan these days. But never, in a million years could I support victory, simply because of the north terrace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 7:52 PM, Geo400 said:

I've mentioned this in the other thread, I've been around since the 90s and can honestly say I've only feared for my safety once at a match, and that was when the nt/horda  tried to jump into the south Melbourne grandstand and attacked children with bottles of bleach with little regard for anyone's safety . When you see this up close and get caught up in it you get a whole different perspective on things, this wasn't a channel 9 beat up, it wasn't over policing, it was thugs at play who went to a football match solely to cause chaos, the north terrace banner was in full display so even the good ones copped it by association.

ive seen it all in regards to the way the media treats the game, and many of the police issues raised are valid, that doesn't change what I've written above and the fact I saw it with my own eyes, as a result I truly despise MV because of this terrace, in fact I even told a south Melb board member that if the club ever gets drawn in a cup tie against MV that they should forfeit and never allow that scum back into there stadium.

good riddance to them, anything good they did in terms of atmosphere they did twice as bad with their antics, lets also not forget the semi final at Etihad where a section of them up in the third tier were ripping out seats and throwing them down on the levels below, even hitting victory fans as well. Glad they're gone and I hope their fan base disintegrates a little now that they won't have their precious atmosphere.

Ditto.. Good riddance to them. Having seen it with my own eyes of how they treated visitors. It was before Heart even came into the picture and my friends and I went to see their game against Sydney FC, At that time, it was promoted to be one of the best games in the calendar with the interstate rivalry, After the match, outside Etihad, MV supporters literally throw anything they can at Sydney supporters, men, women and children. You could see the sheer horror on everyone's face who witnessed it. Since then, I despise them and their pathetic club.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...