Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

16 hours ago, HughJass said:

Colakovski starting for glory tonight against west ham

12 hours ago, moops said:

He did pretty well, him and the other winger were the only ones to really offer a threat and it was his cross that got the goal.

thought he looked good, and showed some of the talent we knew him for during his time with us.  just makes me wonder what happened between him and Zadkovich.  

7 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

thought he looked good, and showed some of the talent we knew him for during his time with us.  just makes me wonder what happened between him and Zadkovich.  

Him and Zadkovich didn't get along and ultimately it led to him not even making the pine last season... I reckon he should be a real good chance of becoming the starting winger there this season! 

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Tom Glover got his first start in goals for Middlesbrough in their EFL cup win over Huddersfield. 

Bos and O'Neil have been starters in their clubs first 2 regular season games. Both clubs have had a poor start so far. Standard sitting last at present with Westerlo 11th.

Tilio still injured but expected to return maybe next week for Celtic. 

Metcalfe has been played up front on the wing for St Pauli in both their games so far. He was a bench player last season so is progressing nicely. 

Atkinson has started this season in the first 11 for Hearts as they won their opening game on the weekend. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Last night Tom Glover got his first start in goals for Middlesbrough in their EFL cup win over Huddersfield. 

Bos and O'Neil have been starters in their clubs first 2 regular season games. Both clubs have had a poor start so far. Standard sitting last at present with Westerlo 11th.

Tilio still injured but expected to return maybe next week for Celtic. 

Metcalfe has been played up front on the wing for St Pauli in both their games so far. He was a bench player last season so is progressing nicely. 

Atkinson has started this season in the first 11 for Hearts as they won their opening game on the weekend. 

Westerlo drew the first match (came back from 2-0 down) and lost to Club Brugge which dominate the Belgian league. Standard are in a bigger bother though.

16 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Westerlo drew the first match (came back from 2-0 down) and lost to Club Brugge which dominate the Belgian league. Standard are in a bigger bother though.

Yeah good point. Standard do seem pretty poor so far. Either way it's good to see them both starting so far this season! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Few things from former city guys

Denis Genreau's team drew Liverpool and a trip to Anfield in the Europa League

Dean Bouzanis has moved back to Sutton United on loan

Glover, Atkinson, Metcalfe, Genreau, McGree and O'Neill join Leckie and Behich in the Socceroos squad 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Celtic seems to be a bit of a graveyard for ex-City players...

Yeah didn't think it was the right move for Tilio the SPFL, thought he'd be better of in one of the continental leagues like Bos, O'Neill, Genreau went to. I might be wrong but SPFL seems to be a very physical league and I'm not sure Tilio's the same sort of player that say Atkinson, Devlin, Rowles, Baccus, and Strain are who are all pretty physical. It's giving me a bit of Arzani vibes, hope for his sake I'm wrong

I think Tilio is still injured, should be back soon though, it'll probably be a month or 2 before he gets a chance if ever, we'll have to see what the coach does.

I've just seen Abada is injured for up to 5 months, one of the players he would be competing against to play, it gives him more of a chance.

Edited by moops

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

I always liked Richie. Thought he was a little underrated by the fans whilst he was here tbh.

He was a good player, but he did at times come across as if he wasn't taking it serious enough (e.g. few times he would try for nut megs playing out from full back where even if he pulled it off, he would run into trouble quickly).

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO Connor pitched his entry into European football at just the right level, as, I'm pretty sure, have Jordy Bos and Aiden O'Neill, although both Westerlo and Standard Liege have started their seasons poorly, Westerlo taking just one point from. seven matches.

Bos has hardly played, he had an operation about a month ago for something. He seems to be playing more reserved though from the games I watched.