Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Jeggo is a great signing and a like-for-like replacement for Sakhi. 

Hrustic is probably a little too similar to Arslan in that he's not really a 2-way midfielder, and given our defensive lapses this season I'd rather Jeggo anyway

• Like 1

I don't blame him for getting a decent payout end of his career but fuck me. The fact we're not title contenders either helped make the decision. And he gets to play with one of the greatest of all time. It's probably a good move from a personal perspective. Just shit for us. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I don't blame him for getting a decent payout end of his career but fuck me. Maybe the fact we're not title contenders either helped make the decision. Or not. Who knows. 

An interim manger doesn’t help either.

Behich has been one of the better players this shitty season so it’s a real punch to the gut to see him go. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

What in the actual fuck is going on at the club this season??? 

FB_IMG_1706647839267.jpg

That's a real kick in the nads. Thought we'd got a club hero back for the rest of his career, so apart from the loss of one of our very best players, that's a bit of the heart and soul of the club that has just walked out. Also feels like no one really wants to be here, and I worry that things are far from good behind the scenes. Gutted. Season is a car crash.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

That's a real kick in the nads. Thought we'd got a club hero back for the rest of his career, so apart from the loss of one of our very best players, that's a bit of the heart and soul of the club that has just walked out. Also feels like no one really wants to be here, and I worry that things are far from good behind the scenes. Gutted. Season is a car crash.

Interesting it’s just a loan deal 

10 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

$2 million dollars is what we got for Bos - absolutely wild that kind of money is being thrown around for a loan for 16 games.

Agree, the Saudis have too much money to spend, it's one of the factors driving the inflationary spiral in football and widening the gap between the wealthy teams and the rest

lol the criticism of this is a bit ridiculous imo. thats massive $$$, both for the player and the club, and tbh the drop from behich to galloway on the exposed form of this season is not all that far apart.

total no brainer imo

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

doesn't the transfer windiw close tonight? Does this mean that no one is coming into the club?

I don't think it applies to players "without club." Meaning we could recruit a few more 37 year-olds.

47 minutes ago, bt50 said:

lol the criticism of this is a bit ridiculous imo. thats massive $$$, both for the player and the club, and tbh the drop from behich to galloway on the exposed form of this season is not all that far apart.

total no brainer imo

Completely agree. We have had a coaching upheaval, a run of injuries, the Sakhi affair, but we're not too badly placed half-way into the season. I'm not saying it's been great, and I'm personally not enthused by our performances so far, especially in the ACL, but there's still a lot of football to be played. A bit tighter at the back and a bit sharper in front of goal and we can turn it around.

18 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Nah can only do it till this window closes, can't sign anyone till new window

Not sure you're correct. Free agents can be signed at any time provided that they have been released by their former club before the end of the previous transfer window.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure you're correct. Free agents can be signed at any time provided that they have been released by their former club before the end of the previous transfer window.

And there's some decent LB and RB free agents on Transfermarkt if you want a Visa which we have available with Sakhi going. Karacic also listed as a free agent. I'd take him

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It is the registration window which I think is the issue.

2 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

And there's some decent LB and RB free agents on Transfermarkt if you want a Visa which we have available with Sakhi going. Karacic also listed as a free agent. I'd take him

Karacic signed for a club in Croatia today.

Gutted to lose Behich on so many levels but yes the financial logic is obvious. Fingers crossed for incoming. It's been a bit of a season for low blows and unexpected setbacks but let's see how we roll. You don't always win in this game and we've got to hang in there. We're not Victory fans. We don't evaporate as soon as it gets a bit tough, even if we grumble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Are we forgetting who our owners are?

i think its kind of irrelevant to a degree. In an environment where clubs are losing money hand over fist each owner has an imperative to try to balance the books. Its all well and good to say look who owns us but at the end of the day if we are an investment then ownership are prob not going to throw good money after bad.

• Like 3