Melbourne Football

Round 16: Vs The other "One Team in Melbourne"???, 7th February, 7:30pm

Peter

Holy shit what had JVS done to Kisnorbo. And yes, it is JVS. Ruins players and then everyone jumps to his defence that "the list isn't good". They were almost all at least decent players before JVS ruined them.

So does Kisnorbo, this 33 year old veteran, take any responsibility for his performances?

I don't think JVS has done anything to Kisnorbo. He's had some good games and some average games IMO. Where Kisnorbo struggles lies in his weaknesses as a player that no coach can fix if the situation calls for him to use those attributes. So in that instance where we conceded the first goal it exposed Kisnorbos two biggest short falls as a player, his range of passing and his lack of speed. The speed of the pass was too high and once we lost the ball he was never going to recover in time and a last ditch lunging tackle was all that was left. For a centre back to have these two aspects of his game as his biggest weakness is asking for trouble for any team.

• Like 1

That was just fucking dreadful. I don't even know where to begin..

Fuck off van schip. Fuck off Ramsay. Fuck off redmayne.

Only positive was the back and forth chants between active and level 3.

Trying our best up on level 3 but there are still a few victard fans around us . Wished etihad had left those bays for away fans..

Carrying too much deadweight (we know who they are) and a coach that seemingly doesn't see any problem in rewarding under performing players with starting positions (Ramsay, Redders). The Ramsay fiasco last night pretty encapsulated the problem with JVS and why he's a coach that's stuck on a ~30% win ratio. Cannot ever win silverware with that kind of stat. Cannot find a game plan to break down an opposition like last night that played us for suckers, letting us take the ball into their half and then springing a fast counter attack. Plus a health dose of fcukups on our behalf.

So Sydney win away last night and Roar take 3 points. Sixth position up for grabs and no certainty that we'll make the finals.

"Iain had a few touches that were not helping him. Knowing that Willo came in last week and did well, we decided to try that earlier to try and change the game at an early stage."
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/van-t-schip-slams-flat-city

He wasn't playing any worse than normal, like badly stuffing up several good passes in the 18 yards box, and regularly being dispossessed, so why was he taken off after 30 minutes?
Vant Schip selected him to start - so seriously, what did he expect?

Kisnorbo ... is he the worst captain in the A League?

Redmayne ... playing with no confidence, so how is anyone else expected to have confidence in him?

What's the go with Koren? He's dropped down to a crap level of play.

Duff was good, Melling was good, Mooy and Chapman tried hard.

We're now in deep shit, with Brisbane Roar coming.

Unlike us, they've signed some decent quality in January - Polenz, de Vere, and Serbian international striker Andrija Kaluderovic, while they have got Broich and Theo back from injury.

Unable to attend the game but heard the second goal on 774, at which point I decided to do less painless things. For those who attended the match and at the risk of getting flamed by Cadete, I have a question - if Tando is not available next week, is it time to start the NYL keeper? I am fully aware that Wellington are ahead of us and can play some decent football but would the risk be outweighed by Redders current form?

Yeah have seen that. Not very professional tbh. Somebody has obviously hit a nerve as that's pretty unlike him. On twitter anyway.

What was said? seems like he deleted the tweets Archie hasn't deleted his tweets but the guy who he kept replying to has.

Ahh yeah I saw them. Storm in a tea cup imo. He still beats women and wants kids to die of measles :up: 

Yeah have seen that. Not very professional tbh. Somebody has obviously hit a nerve as that's pretty unlike him. On twitter anyway.

What was said? seems like he deleted the tweetsArchie hasn't deleted his tweets but the guy who he kept replying to has. Anyone know what the guy replying to Archie was saying?

Have been to both Etihad derbies this year. Can't see myself going again for a long, long time.

Apparently, JVS said that we didn't come to play, or didn't show up, or whatever, in his post match press conference. Oh. Here I was, thinking it was an absolutely vital game in the context of the season and, even if it hadn't been, it's a game that is of critical importance to our long-suffering supporters. But, whatever. Would love to know why Ramsay started and then why he was taken off. 'Back him, or sack him', as the saying goes. JVS did neither.

• Like 1

Have been to both Etihad derbies this year. Can't see myself going again for a long, long time.

Apparently, JVS said that we didn't come to play, or didn't show up, or whatever, in his post match press conference. Oh. Here I was, thinking it was an absolutely vital game in the context of the season and, even if it hadn't been, it's a game that is of critical importance to our long-suffering supporters. But, whatever. Would love to know why Ramsay started and then why he was taken off. 'Back him, or sack him', as the saying goes. JVS did neither.

The quote about why Rambo was taken off was, the game wasn't going well. Williams did well last week, we weren't pressing well enough and Iain had a few touches that didn't help him

The quote about why Rambo was taken off was, the game wasn't going well. Williams did well last week, we weren't pressing well enough and Iain had a few touches that didn't help him

And I'm not having a go at you at all, but that's complete and utter rubbish.

'Williams did well last week...' so bloody start him!! And give Ramsay a chance to come on when the sting has gone out of the game, make an impact and get a bit of confidence back. Surely that's the move? Instead, he starts Ramsay (most of us, I'm sure, could not believe those starting lineups), then he drags him early on the biggest stage we'll see this year, when Ramsay had certainly not been starring, but nor had he been 'dragged in the first 30 minutes' level poor. That's just appalling man management and the sort of thing that makes players quit on the coach. If he wanted to make a statement that it's no more Mr Nice Guy, he should have dragged Kisnorbo.

Edited by SF33

And I'm not having a go at you at all, but that's complete and utter rubbish.

'Williams did well last week...' so bloody start him!! And give Ramsay a chance to come on when the sting has gone out of the game, make an impact and get a bit of confidence back. Surely that's the move?

Defiantly would have destroyed any remaining confidence Ramsay had getting taken off after 30 minutes and in front of 40k plus people.

Edited by haz

The quote about why Rambo was taken off was, the game wasn't going well. Williams did well last week, we weren't pressing well enough and Iain had a few touches that didn't help him And I'm not having a go at you at all, but that's complete and utter rubbish.

'Williams did well last week...' so bloody start him!! And give Ramsay a chance to come on when the sting has gone out of the game, make an impact and get a bit of confidence back. Surely that's the move?

Defiantly would have destroyed any remaining confidence Ramsay had getting taken off after 30 minutes and in front of 40k plus people.

Yep, and further to that, if he was looking for a public shaming of one of his players with an early dragging, Kisnorbo would be one of the few players in the squad who wouldn't go in his shell, but might actually use it as motivation to 'show that prick'. Whatever works.

Then, you could bring Murdocca on as a defensive mid (or shift Melling) and move Safuwan to defence.

What was said? seems like he deleted the tweets Archie hasn't deleted his tweets but the guy who he kept replying to has. Anyone know what the guy replying to Archie was saying?

Calling him a wife beater. Telling him he wasn't educated. Saying he should be playing for Dandy Thunder etc. 

Nothing very creative but Archie the stupid simpleton got sucked in several times and responded with mild homophobia and calling him inbred. Something you wouldn't expect from a professional in his mid 30's... although Ive never actually never considered Archie Thompson a professional in any sense of the word.

• Like 2

What was said? seems like he deleted the tweetsArchie hasn't deleted his tweets but the guy who he kept replying to has.Anyone know what the guy replying to Archie was saying?

Calling him a wife beater. Telling him he wasn't educated. Saying he should be playing for Dandy Thunder etc.

Nothing very creative but Archie the stupid simpleton got sucked in several times and responded with mild homophobia and calling him inbred. Something you wouldn't expect from a professional in his mid 30's... although Ive never actually never considered Archie Thompson a professional in any sense of the word.

professional fuckwit?

• Like 1

Honestly, if the reverse happened and someone like Koren responded to a Victory supporter online like that, we'd be fucking disgusted. But, in true Victory culcha, they'll be worshipping the fuck out of Thompson for 'sticking it to those Morwell cunts', when in all reality, he just comes across as a giant douchebag for those comments, let alone responding in the first place.

• Like 1

An awful display.

Redmayne - Any danger of saving any shots on target? FFS. 

Clisby - Meh.

Kisnorbo - Too slow, goes to ground, cannot pass, should be benched.

Chapman - By far the best defender in our team.

Hoffman - Rarely exceeds expectations.

Baharudin - Played out of position.

Melling - Meh.

Ramsay - Time is up.

Mooy - Gave nothing.

Duff - Meh.

Koren - Played out of position.

Williams - Tired of seeing you butcher the fuck out of opportunities every week.

Kennedy - Too unfit.

Yeah the filth have some classy players haha. What I want to know is how the cunts continue to deliberately incite our fans without any repercussion from the ffa. Can see something nasty happening if it isn't stamped out.

Very true...when I saw that tool salute to us I though hmmmmm, I hate this place anyway so how many months would I get for rushing this mong

Yeah the filth have some classy players haha. What I want to know is how the cunts continue to deliberately incite our fans without any repercussion from the ffa. Can see something nasty happening if it isn't stamped out.

Very true...when I saw that tool salute to us I though hmmmmm, I hate this place anyway so how many months would I get for rushing this mong

Sadly, the goat rooting yifto would have hit the ground squealing before you even touched him.

How the fuk these refs continually let him get away with diving is a disgrace...

• Like 1

This was the worst game we played since the Wellington thrashing. To say we were not at the races is an understatement however this should not surprise us fans anymore. JVS is only going to ever deliver a good run of results that last 5-6 weeks max. In that, he has been very consistent.

The Ramsay decision was the right one 100%.. I mean how many chances are you suppose to give a player.. If you look at the first 20min Ramsay made the same mistake 3 times, apart from that he had several bad touches and he was never going to beat Geria on his best day... This sends a strong message to the playing group... If you can't perform on the big stage then fuck off and will get someone who can.. I will be very surprised if Redmayne and Ramsay are still at the club next season ... What a fucken rubbish keeper he has turned out to be ... An absolute goal magnet ..

Special mention to Koren our so called Marquee player. His performances thus far have been poor and no where near that of an international marquee. Mooy and Melling have carried him in most games and yesterday was his moment to stand up, given Mooy and Melling had quite games.. He did nothing and showed very little interest in trying to lift the team.. Serious questions need to be asked about his commitment to the team.. He should come in for some criticism ..

• Like 1

Special mention to Koren our so called Marquee player. His performances thus far have been poor and no where near that of an international marquee. Mooy and Melling have carried him in most games and yesterday was his moment to stand up, given Mooy and Melling had quite games.. He did nothing and showed very little interest in trying to lift the team.. Serious questions need to be asked about his commitment to the team.. He should come in for some criticism ..

I didn't see the match so I can't comment on yesterday directly. But seems to me he's another player being played out of his preferred position...at least in part because Mooy and Melling are keeping him out of it! 

In what I've seen of him at AMMI Park he shows some nice touches but would agree that he's not what I would have expected from a proper marquee. I recall a report that Hull City fans considered him a "luxury player." So far that probably sums him up.

IMO both our "marquee" signings are questionable. Why we had to commit to two years and one-and-a-half years respectively is beyond me.

Agree jw1739..

What I would say about Koren being out of position is I think that would only be relevant if he just come in fresh but Koren has played and trained for months now so he should be more comfortable by now and given his football career he should have adapted by now..

With JK up front he does seem to give us some presence there hopefully he comes good and bags a few goals..

Active was really good last night, was sitting level 3 aisle 32 (unfortunately) and could hear you guys very clearly

If only we had more to cheer about

Yeah was good but got sick of the active support chanting at the Sth End. Lesson, if you want level 3 involved then stop wasting your time chanting at Victory fans and those "shit" chants.

An awful display.

Redmayne - Any danger of saving any shots on target? FFS. 

Clisby - Meh.

Kisnorbo - Too slow, goes to ground, cannot pass, should be benched.

Chapman - By far the best defender in our team.

Hoffman - Rarely exceeds expectations.

Baharudin - Played out of position.

Melling - Meh.

Ramsay - Time is up.

Mooy - Gave nothing.

Duff - Meh.

Koren - Played out of position.

Williams - Tired of seeing you butcher the fuck out of opportunities every week.

Kennedy - Too unfit.

couldnt agree more.

I know their goals were unsavable but redders never offers an extrodinary save to bale us out.. HE DOES NOTHING!