Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

I'm concerned that we're being linked with so many over 30s players. I'd rather give Jordan Hall more of a run than Miranda and Sooprahen. If we're keeping Reis then spend on midfield that's our weakness, plus another winger as I'm not convinced Nabbout or Leckie will hold up for the full year

• Like 1

I reckon a lot of these 30+ signings are stop gap type signings tbh, players who will be here for 1-2 seasons while we wait for certain youth products to be ready to play consistently, a lot of minutes will be available with mid week ACL matches as well so plenty of opportunities 

48 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Nope, Nope and Yope.

Patrick Beach (GK, ex CCm NPL)
Alessandro Lopane (AM, ex WSW)
Zane Schreiber (CM, ex Sydney NPL)

Help me out here folks - do we assume senior contracts? - It's not spelled out specifically in the club article.

11 hours ago, citypool said:

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Interesting list. For me bringing in a player that is over 32 is selling the A-League short. As far as James Rodriguez he can't be arsed and neither should the A-League.

Oh dear, we've heard all this crap before. Wasn't it 32 "target players" for the A-League last season? This season another list. All journalistic crap to try to fill in the longest off-season in the world. Yeah, I've heard of Theo Walcott, vague recollections of a couple of other names, but couldn't care less about the others. Better to try and find some up-and-coming young players of your own. I do like City's approach on this, and I hope we're scouting in Asia too, because if you're going to find an uncut diamond I reckon that's a good area to go prospecting.

On 23/06/2023 at 1:30 PM, jw1739 said:

Help me out here folks - do we assume senior contracts? - It's not spelled out specifically in the club article.

Confirmed by club to me that these are senior contracts. Scholarships to be announced soon.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Borges-Rodriguez has gone to Macarthur...

I don't understand that. Bring him right up to being on the bench and a couple of cameos, and then he goes. And to that shithole even more difficult to understand.

Let's hope we've got a couple of decent youngish forwards in our sights.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't understand that. Bring him right up to being on the bench and a couple of cameos, and then he goes. And to that shithole even more difficult to understand.

Let's hope we've got a couple of decent youngish forwards in our sights.

Gametime I would say, he probably knows that he is stuck behind a few of he stayed here. He goes to a club that I honestly couldn't tell you who their strikers were by the end of season, gets an opportunity.

Good luck to him, unfortunately when we are the best club with the best youth as well not all of them are going to make it to the 1st team regulars, even if they are talented enough to do so 

2 hours ago, citypool said:

Well apparently someone is watching the a league. Transfer market is going off this off season 

Yeah and some good fee's especially with us.

On 23/06/2023 at 1:30 PM, jw1739 said:

I've seen a few posts now with CCM fans unhappy we have Zane, they really thought he would be starting for them next season.

4 minutes ago, moops said:

I've seen a few posts now with CCM fans unhappy we have Zane, they really thought he would be starting for them next season.

@moops Schreiber comes from Sydney not from Central Coast? was he chased by CCM too?

1 hour ago, moops said:

Are you referring to the GK? As I've seen the CCM fans talk about this guy being a real talent...

1 hour ago, moops said:

I have no idea tbh, I've just seen a few people comment on it, I assumed he was at their academy.

@moops I would assume, then, that he was being chased by CCM and they thought they had him. I can't find anything on him except as a Sydney player. Previously with Bomaderry SC. Bomaderry is south of Wollongong, so I can't see that he would have had any previous connection with the Mariners.

4 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Are you referring to the GK? As I've seen the CCM fans talk about this guy being a real talent...

That would make more sense.

Edited by jw1739

7 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Could be, now I'don't know lol, I just remember a few complaining a few days back I think on youtube of all places.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zanty said:

Good luck to him, Rogic did well there and I think he will do well against Scottish competition, it would be great if he got minutes in Europe. Good thing is Rodgers wanted him and wasn't palmed off onto him like Arzani.

6 hours ago, moops said:

Good luck to him, Rogic did well there and I think he will do well against Scottish competition, it would be great if he got minutes in Europe. Good thing is Rodgers wanted him and wasn't palmed off onto him like Arzani.

Better for Tilio is that he’s contracted to Celtic and not just a loan deal like Arzani was 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zanty said:

Translates to 

"Samuel Souprayen passed his medical examination and today received his contract linking him to Melbourne City FC."

Interesting. Wait to see whether this is confirmed by City. 34 y-o, but 6' 2" tall, and I think height has been a bit of a weakness in our defence lately. If true, hope the contract isn't too long though.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting. Wait to see whether this is confirmed by City. 34 y-o, but 6' 2" tall, and I think height has been a bit of a weakness in our defence lately. If true, hope the contract isn't too long though.

Yeah very skeptical about the age and signing in general tbh , contract shouldn’t be more than 1 year tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Yeah very skeptical about the age and signing in general tbh , contract shouldn’t be more than 1 year tbh.

Agreed. Looking at him on transfermarkt he last played on 1st June. Quite a number of full matches last season. Cub finished 10th out of 16. Probably on a par with Lam, who played for CSKA Sofia before he joined City. Height useful, especially in the ACL where some sides have some tall timber up front - e.g. Ulsan. Would feel comfortable with one year - can always extend if he performs well.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Florin Bérenguer, out of contract on June 30, has not received a new extension offer from Melbourne City, despite promises.

Not surprised. By my count, only 7 starts last season. Has been a good club man but not outstanding, and the "City way" is pretty demanding physically. Wish him all the best.

Hmm. How many more 30+ centrebacks do we need?

As always, it's "wait until it's confirmed by City." Cards, close, chest, etc.

Wonder what "We've got a Blank Space..." means - just posted club twitter?

Edited by jw1739