Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

9 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Well we've got a front line and a few bits of defence but otherwise we're pretty much starting from scratch folks... It doesn't look pretty and I do wonder what is going on behind the curtain....

These players all leaving for personal reasons, they’ve been in Australia for what like 8 or 9 months? Moving from the Netherlands to Australia is hardly a shock.

Better money elsewhere, disagreements with club management, game time?

VDV didn’t get much game under PK either at one stage.

16 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Well we've got a front line ..

Would only keep Leckie, Nabbout his form is concerning and JMAC is JMAC. We can use a shake up there too if you want play in the ACL.

I’m assuming Tilio is gone.

Now assuming most of these player knew they were leaving, how much was this in their heads when playing the grand final?

Sigh. 

This is the turnover that generic united have experienced and they finished 7th... we're down to 1 confirmed visa in Nuno and hopefully we don't waste one on Berenguer. If he does stay he should be Aus citizen or we cut him. Jamie Young and Steven Ugarkovic I am confident both will be announced soon. Also young midfielder from WSW Lapone is joining. Antonis may sign mostly for ACL coverage/depth.

Young I feel is at the same level if not an improvement on Glover. 

Ugarkovic is probably a slight step down on O'neil 

Lapone and if we do sign Antonis I don't expect them to be near the best 11.

Very pivotal off season indeed. By far the biggest since the City take over...

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Time to bring JMAC under the cap and remove the restrictions we’ve got on the marquees spots!

Tilio has only one year left, If they don’t sell him now he can walk out for free. 

Be realistic, Maclaren current wages probably would take up most of the cap

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well, that aged well! It's uncanny that I type a new list and then it changes so quickly.

Any way, as per a few posts above, my email from the club came in at 7.08 this morning - both Lam and VdV returning to Europe for personal reasons.

Is this going to be the biggest rebuild in A-League history? I'm going to be bold and say that there has to be something more going on behind the scenes than just players seeking new opportunities and/or personal reasons.

Does anyone else feel annoyed that the Club goes public with these announcements before sending it to members first?

It's the little things that help retain  members and make them feel like they belong to a club rather than a CFG customer...

Edited by Heart Inaugural

12 minutes ago, Heart Inaugural said:

Does anyone else feel annoyed that the Club goes public with these announcements before sending it to members first?

It's the little things that help retain  members and make them feel like they belong to a club rather than a CFG customer...

I get the feeling that it's only just happened, and the players announced it first, the franchise is playing catchup. Sometimes, things are just what they seem, but it also wouldn't surprise me if there was more to the story

18 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If I may, folks, I request that if you are going to post a rumour or a confirmation of a transfer involving City, either "in" or "out," that you give your source (unless it is an "inside  source" or would otherwise compromise the source) and preferably the URL?

Regarding my post here about 8pm last night  re: VDV definitely going.

Let's just say ''inside source''.  I VERY rarely post in this thread, and I don't ever post rumours. I have no interest in doing so.

Facts do occur before they reach the internet. There was no url available at the time I posted it.  The news had not gone public at that stage.

Edited by CityWildcat
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Do you guys think that "personal reasons" are the actual reason they left or a falling out with management?

With Lams case. Sounds like his misso got pregnant while here and they would likely want to have the child born in Finland etc.

With VDV hard to say. He did seem mostly happy here but perhaps not overly satisfied with the game time he had...

33 minutes ago, Heart Inaugural said:

I received my email at 7.08 this morning. Given that yesterday was Charlie's Official Birthday Public Holiday I don't think we can complain this time around.

42 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Do you guys think that "personal reasons" are the actual reason they left or a falling out with management?

Hard to say, isn't it. Maybe, for various reasons, despite what some say about "liveability," Melbourne isn't what they thought it would be and they don't wish to stay. Either they themselves or someone in the family, here or back in The Netherlands.

It's hardly a paradise these days, and I know that I would get out of Melbourne if I could, but I'm trapped here financially.

We will never know anyway. Couldn't have come at a worse time for the club, ACL and all that. Let's hope Petrillo has got his ducks lined up and can turn it from a threat to an opportunity.

• Like 1

I honestly feel there is more to Lam and VDV leaving than just "personal reasons" and I don't believe Rado is the man to take us through this rebuild. The GF alone showed how clueless he is and that his so called game plan came undone and he had no backup. I don't care if people say "it's just one game, it's irrelevant" and so on. The fact of the matter is it was the 2 best teams of the season playing and yet we looked like absolute amateurs and got absolutely spanked. When we were 2 goals down Rado was slumped back in his chair with absolutely no plan B. It just shows in that instance he took over a great team that PK had spent time building with Mombaerts which is when it all started. Now that most of those guys have moved on I don't see Rado being capable of taking us through a complete rebuild. I don't ever remember us having such an exodus of players even in the Heart days which is why it makes me think there is something going on at the club that we don't know about. Time will tell but it's going to be a very interesting next 6 months.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Rumour has it we are signing the sausage stand man to play for us next season and that Yoshi kid is coming too..

Apparently the sausage stand man is no longer coming. The proposed deal hit a snag...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Matt Sutton has officially signed with the Generic fucks. Suprised because they have also signed Thomas Howard Belle from Sydney who you think will be there first keeper which means Sutton will be on the bench yet again...

Wow what a great opportunity for him...🙄

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

He must be aiming for a career in the A-League without actually playing a match...

Shoot for the stars...and you might hit the moon...

1 hour ago, heart1011 said:

Another bench to keep warm for a season..

Those new benches must be a tad too comfy...

• jw1739 pinned this topic

We ain't the only ones having a clean out!!

ALM Squad Update...
Perth Glory can confirm that A-Leagues Men’s players Antonee Burke-Gilroy, Pierce Clark, Jack Clisby, Zach Duncan, Matt Hatch, Mitch Oxborrow, Adrian Sardinero and Jacob Young have all departed the club following the expiration of their contracts, or in order to allow them to explore opportunities elsewhere.
More details here: https://tinyurl.com/4wsjkats
Many thanks for all your efforts, guys and the very best of luck for the future!

FB_IMG_1686721421258.jpg

12 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

We ain't the only ones having a clean out!!

ALM Squad Update...
Perth Glory can confirm that A-Leagues Men’s players Antonee Burke-Gilroy, Pierce Clark, Jack Clisby, Zach Duncan, Matt Hatch, Mitch Oxborrow, Adrian Sardinero and Jacob Young have all departed the club following the expiration of their contracts, or in order to allow them to explore opportunities elsewhere.
More details here: https://tinyurl.com/4wsjkats
Many thanks for all your efforts, guys and the very best of luck for the future!

FB_IMG_1686721421258.jpg

They will still have a larger squad than us... No news about Cola it seems. Maybe they are intent on using him now that Zadkovic is gone?

29 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Just anywhere but here!! 

Only ex Heart/City player available that I'd take back is Behich!

Aziz is coming to the end of a great career. He's excelled, when at one stage he might have faded into obscurity. But I'd take Pierias myself.

5 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Wow what a great opportunity for him...🙄

Not sure why he is being ripped on for what I think is a quite reasonable move.

He definitely isn't a starter, but think he is good enough to be a back uo keeper. He was surely going to be third in our pecking order next season.

49 minutes ago, malloy said:

Not sure why he is being ripped on for what I think is a quite reasonable move.

He definitely isn't a starter, but think he is good enough to be a back uo keeper. He was surely going to be third in our pecking order next season.

So he's changed clubs to move back up the 'pecking order' into second best again? 😅 all the best to him, but he didn't look very promising when he stepped in for Glover...

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Aziz is coming to the end of a great career. He's excelled, when at one stage he might have faded into obscurity. But I'd take Pierias myself.

Pretty certain Pierias is going to one of the NSW clubs

34 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So he's changed clubs to move back up the 'pecking order' into second best again? 😅 all the best to him, but he didn't look very promising when he stepped in for Glover...

Pretty certain Pierias is going to one of the NSW clubs

Pierias is off to the Wanderers I believe..

Edited by heart1011
  • Like 1