Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Mifsud reunited with his first love

UEFA.com: How would you sum up your experience in Australia?

Michael Mifsud: I really enjoyed it – football in Australia is making great strides. I was given a hero's welcome on my arrival at Melbourne Heart – both by the Maltese community there and Australians themselves. 

I enjoyed my short stint on a personal level and on a professional level.  I have made big friends there, enjoyed the way of life, and I will really treasure the experience. I want to thank Melbourne Heart for giving me the opportunity to play in such a league.

The full read is at http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=mlt/news/newsid=2117095.html

Mifsud reunited with his first love

UEFA.com: How would you sum up your experience in Australia?

Michael Mifsud: I really enjoyed it – football in Australia is making great strides. I was given a hero's welcome on my arrival at Melbourne Heart – both by the Maltese community there and Australians themselves.

I enjoyed my short stint on a personal level and on a professional level. I have made big friends there, enjoyed the way of life, and I will really treasure the experience. I want to thank Melbourne Heart for giving me the opportunity to play in such a league.

The full read is at http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=mlt/news/newsid=2117095.html

The feelings mutual mate, you earned every penny of that contract :clap:

Good luck with whatever you do in life mate :up:

• Like 2

Just remembered this.

Surely that wasn't really him.

If it is then no wonder why the poor bloke just got worse with some of the shit that was said about him on here Of course the players read the forums. I would if I was them.

They might, but they shouldn't.  Same as in (what you no doubt consider to be) "the olden days" they shouldn't have read the newspaper.

Why?  Well if they have a game that isn't quite where they should be a whole lot of people will be saying how hopeless they are and if they are sensitive type this could be a problem, but EVEN WORSE is if they are playing well they will hear all the "he's a legend" bullshit and start to think they don't need to train hard, can party mid week etc etc.  next thing you know they are useless.

Best they listen to just the senior players and the gaffer.

(BTW reckon that was MM)

I don't think it was MM, but certainly may have been an associate of his.

Either way, it should always be in the back of your head when posting that the person you are posting about will end up reading your post, like the time I made a joke that David Lyons should be sacked and the next day he registered on here and made a post :up:

Then apparently he was asking around about me, trying to find out who I am :up:

KUTGW David, I know you're reading this and I don't actually think you should be sacked, you're all right :up:

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

How many of our players actually enhanced their playing careers last season? When this was discussed during last season there was a fairly general feeling that most of the first-team regulars went backwards, except for Hoffman; he stood out IMO simply because he's very fit aerobically. Mifsud stood out as a failure because of the expectations placed on him, but plenty of others saw their careers fade - Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt (a Liberian international when he came to us). I reckon Germano, Kalmar and Wielaert would have all gone too at the end of last season had they been in the second year of their contracts.

Whatever was going on in the club was sapping the confidence of many of our players, right, left and centre. I don't think we should keep going on about Mifsud. We're into a new era and IMO we should move on and look for the positives.

• Like 3

He's not at the club and you still give it to him.

Build a bridge guys

Mate, we get it. He's a Maltese hero but you don't have to defend him. He's a dud and it's only natural in sport for people to hang shit on those that can't cut it for their team.

There is hanging shit and then there is this rubbish. The bloke left how many months ago and your still ripping into him.

Take away the fact that yeah I'm Maltese,but you'd think that you'd move on from how bad he was for us. People are so obsessed with it all that they are searching through Google for reasons to hang shit on him even when he's playing on the other side of the world.

How many of our players actually enhanced their playing careers last season? When this was discussed during last season there was a fairly general feeling that most of the first-team regulars went backwards, except for Hoffman; he stood out IMO simply because he's very fit aerobically. Mifsud stood out as a failure because of the expectations placed on him, but plenty of others saw their careers fade - Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt (a Liberian international when he came to us). I reckon Germano, Kalmar and Wielaert would have all gone too at the end of last season had they been in the second year of their contracts.

Whatever was going on in the club was sapping the confidence of many of our players, right, left and centre. I don't think we should keep going on about Mifsud. We're into a new era and IMO we should move on and look for the positives.

Couldn't of said it any better

Build a bridge guys

Mate, we get it. He's a Maltese hero but you don't have to defend him. He's a dud and it's only natural in sport for people to hang shit on those that can't cut it for their team. There is hanging shit and then there is this rubbish. The bloke left how many months ago and your still ripping into him.

Take away the fact that yeah I'm Maltese,but you'd think that you'd move on from how bad he was for us. People are so obsessed with it all that they are searching through Google for reasons to hang shit on him even when he's playing on the other side of the world.

Why have you not taken the same stance in the Aloisi thread? C'mon, precious.

Build a bridge guys

Mate, we get it. He's a Maltese hero but you don't have to defend him. He's a dud and it's only natural in sport for people to hang shit on those that can't cut it for their team. There is hanging shit and then there is this rubbish. The bloke left how many months ago and your still ripping into him.

Why have you not taken the same stance in the Aloisi thread? C'mon, precious.

I did. Although the more of Aloisi I see on TV the more I feel like throwing a brick through it. And then he opens his mouth and the rage returns,but still I have not made any comment re Aloisi nor Mifsud. With Mifsud no longer in the country I have forgotten about him. I just wish Aloisi returned to Europe to get some more experience so I can forget about him too.

There is hanging shit and then there is this rubbish. The bloke left how many months ago and your still ripping into him.

If it makes you feel any better its not just him. I also still rip into Maycon, Grey, Worm (along with quite a few others) at every available opportunity and I dare say I will until the day I die.