Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Yes O'dea played 56 mins but I don't think either are planned to make the bench. Vrankovic didn't play today so I think he'll come in and the bench will be striker-less. Tando, Mauk, Kalmar/Germano (depending on Germano's fitness), Garrucio and Vrankovic on the bench I'd say.

Makes total sense, but why wouldn't be name him in the extended squad if he planned to have him on the bench?

Not like JVS didn't know he'd be lacking in the CB role before naming that extended squad.

The events that unfolded at Baroq House on Sat night:

My Friend: "Hey, do you play for MH?"

Misfud: "Yeah, I do"

My Friend: "How's things?"

Misfud: "Yeah, ok"

My friend: "So what's going on with you and all...playing tomorrow?"

Misfud: "Oh, I'm having some problems...."

My friend: "Ok, best of luck"

Misfud" "Thanks"

Seems like he is not wanted and not required anymore.

I feel sorry for him- under a decent manager I have no doubt that a better team structure would have benefited him and resulted in more goals. Yes he played poorly but JA had a fantastic ability to get the worst out of players. I also see no benefit in continually insulting him or making fun of his height. 

OK I agree about the JA part

but he must hold the record for the most offsides per games played

that part it not really excusable, some yes, but that amount can't  just brushed aside as "bad luck" or "bad coaching"

I feel sorry for him- under a decent manager I have no doubt that a better team structure would have benefited him and resulted in more goals. Yes he played poorly but JA had a fantastic ability to get the worst out of players. I also see no benefit in continually insulting him or making fun of his height. 

err...

so it was down to JA's tactics that made him miss all those open goals?

under JA he did have many opportunities, but he did not convert. 

• Like 1

You certainly can't.

He missed some atrocious opportunities and only has himself to blame. JA's tactics wouldn't have helped his overall performances but he still should have slotted most of those chances.

I'm just hoping he gets some confidence and form up in the Youth League and can at least make an impact coming off the bench for us.

I'm not saying he gets a free pass but the guy was playing in a team that all round was pretty terrible for a while there. Being up front he would have felt a lot of pressure to score. Kresinger scored 2 goals for WSW and looking at his stats for his previous team you might have expected him to do more. The fact he was playing in the championship winning team makes those stats even more confusing. Misfud has had a terrible season but he's not a shit cunt and he's not a joke and quite possibly under a different manager with a better start to the season he would have done a lot better.  

I don't know call me a weirdo but I just don't like seeing anyone be insulted over and over unless they are Tony Abbot. 

David Williams scored 1 goal in his first season with Heart... 

• Like 3

I'm not saying he gets a free pass but the guy was playing in a team that all round was pretty terrible for a while there. Being up front he would have felt a lot of pressure to score. Kresinger scored 2 goals for WSW and looking at his stats for his previous team you might have expected him to do more. The fact he was playing in the championship winning team makes those stats even more confusing. Misfud has had a terrible season but he's not a shit cunt and he's not a joke and quite possibly under a different manager with a better start to the season he would have done a lot better.  

I don't know call me a weirdo but I just don't like seeing anyone be insulted over and over unless they are Tony Abbot. 

so what your saying is that we should keep him for another 2 seasons and then he will start scoring goals

so what your saying is that we should keep him for another 2 seasons and then he will start scoring goals

No I'm just saying that for whatever reason players sometimes lose form and it doesn't define them. Having said that I think Misfud should go end of this season unless his form does a major u-turn which is unlikely. 

• Like 1

No I'm just saying that for whatever reason players sometimes lose form and it doesn't define them. Having said that I think Misfud should go end of this season unless his form does a major u-turn which is unlikely. 

i agree except mifsud of been released at the start of January so then we could a) keep migliorini or b: bring in a better striker but i guess he has good value...in the youth team

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

That's why the David Williams thread was originally the 'Sack David Williams Thread'.

If Mifsud had scored the majority of his bad misses, then we could have helped us pick up wins/more points and therefore we'd have possibly kept JA as manager. In my eyes, he is a hero and took one for the team.

• Like 4

Keep Migliorini? No thanks.

migliorini whilst he wasn't the greatest passer of the ball, he much,much was better then mifsud

While any player should be able to pass the ball you would hope that a player like migliorini, who's job it is to distribute the ball and provide the link between defence/attack attack/defence, is better at passing than mifsud. He 'HAS TO' be great at passing, that's his job. Mifsuds is to score goals. Big difference.

migliorini whilst he wasn't the greatest passer of the ball, he much,much was better then mifsud

While any player should be able to pass the ball you would hope that a player like migliorini, who's job it is to distribute the ball and provide the link between defence/attack attack/defence, is better at passing than mifsud. He 'HAS TO' be great at passing, that's his job. Mifsuds is to score goals. Big difference.

yes but what i am trying to say is that migliorini offered more to the team as a midfielder then what mifsud does as a striker. i am not saying that miglirioni is an excellent t player or that we should have kept him long term im just saying he isnt as shit as mifusd.

yes but what i am trying to say is that migliorini offered more to the team as a midfielder then what mifsud does as a striker. i am not saying that miglirioni is an excellent t player or that we should have kept him long term im just saying he isnt as shit as mifusd.

Of course he did. In the absence of Engelaar, Kewell, Germano, and even Kalmar early, Migliorini at least kept us competetive in a few games. Pretty servicable for an injury replacement. Why are these two being compared?

Edit - Ah, just read back to see why we're talking about Migliorini. Yeah, surplus to requirements now, but was useful for a time.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 4.Orlando ENGELAAR, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Harry KEWELL ©, 11.Michael MIFSUD, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.David VRANKOVIC, 19.Benjamin GARRUCIO, 20.Tando VELHAPI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 22.Nicholas KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Luke O’DEA
**Two to be omitted**
Ins: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (returns from suspension), 10.Harry KEWELL (returns from injury), 11.Michael MIFSUD (promoted), 27.Luke O’DEA (promoted)
Outs: 6.Patrick GERHARDT (suspended – accumulation – 1 week), 16.Aziz BEHICH (suspended – accumulation – 1 week)
Unavailable: Nil

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2014/03/01/australia/a-league/melbourne-heart-fc/melbourne-victory-fc/1475268/?ICID=HP_MS_33_02

He is not even on the bench again, (I think he is always being offside when he names the final squad lol)  I don't know why they keep playing musical chairs with him, just buy him a ticket:

BOEING-777-300ER-EMIRATES-MEL-MAR10-RF-I

Malta_Airport.jpg

Feel a bit sorry for mm. The only one who really hasn't had much of a chance post "you know who" Showed he is a class above the NYL, but can't get a first team chance. Oh well.

Yeah, I don't really see what the harm would be in keeping him on until the end of the season, especially with plenty of games left to go and given the understanding now that he's not guaranteed to play in every A-league game (or even any of them). Could prove handy for us at some stage later in the season. He's had an absolute nightmare of a season - no point sugar coating it - and the chance of him staying for next season is practically zero. But it seems to me that if he caught on with another club and stuck in the A-league for another season or two, it would only be a matter of time before he started to score goals consistently.