Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that they could possibly change victory to red at this stage 10 reasonably successful seasons is too far gone. It did a lot of damage to our supporter base and we were (are) shite. I don't think a name change would be a good idea either. But ultimately it's probably all a bunch of shit.

It did? How many left?

I don't think that they could possibly change victory to red at this stage 10 reasonably successful seasons is too far gone. It did a lot of damage to our supporter base and we were (are) shite. I don't think a name change would be a good idea either. But ultimately it's probably all a bunch of shit.

It did? How many left? A few thousand extra flogs on the Villa train doesn't mean anything, the passion was lacking.

• Like 4

Definitely hurt pretty much every heart supporter I personally knew, myself included. Probably half didn't take up memberships and aren't really following the club at all anymore.

Also, every one of the ones that stayed are definitely less passionate. " The sense of ownership is gone" and "It's not even a Melbourne club anymore" are the two big ones.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

It seems the ever pertinent question "How do Melbourne Victory afford the squad they have" has finally been answered.

https://twitter.com/Brisbane_Roar/status/618963774943309824

The Twitter rumour mills are abuzz with word that the club have made some very interesting payments to offshore bank accounts' with talk about "dodgy butchers and o/s accounts".

Are the self-proclaimed biggest club in Australia also the biggest cheats in Australia? Is Melbourne Victory in trouble? I hope not, after the bad rep the league got following the Perth Glory saga in the media, as well as the Jets and the Roar getting into financial strife and Melbourne City still recovering from being dismissed as a "marketing experiment", this is the last thing Australian football needs.

Noone should be surprised about this.

They hired a new CEO who was immediately previously working at a club with a systematic doping regime. They dont own a base or training facilities but are in this weird sharehouse arrangement, having to share everything with 3 other clubs.

They also always get favours in terms of rule changes from the FFA and had a 5 year head start and did nothing with it. They have been afraid of a rival right from the start of their existence 

How can anyone take this rabble seriously?

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bozanic is a strange one. He spent a chunk of his time at CCM coming off the bench. It was only once he moved abroad and Ange decided to play him as a central midfielder that people began to rate him. Prior to that he was considered nothing more than a solid A League player, certainly no where around a Top 5 player at a team. Definitely an improvement on Broxham or Mahazi to replace Milligan,but think they're substantially worse off than they were with Milligan in there beside Valeri.

• Like 2

Bozanic is a strange one. He spent a chunk of his time at CCM coming off the bench. It was only once he moved abroad and Ange decided to play him as a central midfielder that people began to rate him. Prior to that he was considered nothing more than a solid A League player, certainly no where around a Top 5 player at a team. Definitely an improvement on Broxham or Mahazi to replace Milligan,but think they're substantially worse off than they were with Milligan in there beside Valeri.

Do you think Ange had any influence on this decision? Seems to me as a poor replacement for Milligan but to be fair I havnt seen Bozanic much.