Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$290, 000 for leijer.

I reckon we will get more for mooy. Not that we need the coin.

Fuck me. I thought it was $200k. That is ridiculous. Funny thing is, Victory made $500k when he moved to Fulham in 2007. This flog has proved quite profitable for the tards.

Poor man's version of Eli Babalj

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else realise that Adama Traore plays for Basel now?

Too bad we couldn't get this guy playing for Australia. Basel is no joke.

Why hasn't he played for Australia? Never even been called up to Ivory Coast...

I think he played a youth game(s?) for the ivory coast. Stupid rule by fifa not to allow him or other players play for another country.

Why hasn't he played for Australia? Never even been called up to Ivory Coast... I think he played a youth game(s?) for the ivory coast. Stupid rule by fifa not to allow him or other players play for another country.Isn't the rule that if you haven't played a competitive match for a country ie qualifiers or cup competitions, you can play for another country.

According to Wikipedia: "Under the regulations of FIFA, a player's national allegiance cannot change after they have represented their country of origin at national youth level unless the player held dual nationality upon their original call-up."

• Like 1

Why hasn't he played for Australia? Never even been called up to Ivory Coast... I think he played a youth game(s?) for the ivory coast. Stupid rule by fifa not to allow him or other players play for another country. Isn't the rule that if you haven't played a competitive match for a country ie qualifiers or cup competitions, you can play for another country.

I think the rule is perfectly reasonable, traore didn't even set foot in Aus until he was 19. imagine how many countries could exploit that

• Like 1

TBH it's a stupid rule if you ask me, you either let players that played youth/friendly games change or you dont. It shouldnt matter if they werent eligible to play for the second nation at the time, as long as they are eligible now.

I'm not even sure he was eligible regardless, did he complete 5 years in Australia?

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMO the commentators calling for a forensic audit of the finances of all 10 clubs are justified. How Sydney and Victory are under the cap is beyond me. Although I suppose players are happier to play for a successful club at a lower wage rather than going to an unsuccessful one for more. Our current squad just isn't competitive with these two.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a text from a mate. Apparently NT are not allowed to display their tifo tomorrow (not sure of the details)

Spent $3000 on it despite not getting confirmation by the FFA if they had permission. Then they found out the FFA wouldn't allow it.

Just got a text from a mate. Apparently NT are not allowed to display their tifo tomorrow (not sure of the details)

Spent $3000 on it despite not getting confirmation by the FFA if they had permission. Then they found out the FFA wouldn't allow it.

entirely deserved given their wanky banner last week

along with their general wankiness tbh

These scumbags resort to nearly killing an 84 year old billionare to get into the papers. Definitely the work of that fukin bonobo kevin muscat. Disgusting, disgraceful, a shit stain on the underwear of Australian sport. FYMV

Edited by HeartFc

Genuinely make me lol how pathetic their supporters are. From wearing balaclavas in the streets on a sunny Sunday in Melbourne to just being plain and utterly retarded. It makes me that much prouder to be a City supporter.

Edited by n i k o

Genuinely make me lol how pathetic their supporters are. From wearing balaclavas in the streets on a sunny Sunday in Melbourne to just being plain and utterly retarded. It makes me that much prouder to be a City supporter.

Agreed

Couldn't be prouder of our empty trophy cabinet and countless wasted seasons.

Agreed

But have the Tards won the Craig Foster cup?

Ah no

• Like 6

Agreed

Congrats on your successful trolling of MV posters over on their forum, I'm sure their Mother would be proud at their lack of a sarcasm detector.

Also, my post feels like deja vu.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Agreed

Congrats on your successful trolling of MV posters over on their forum, I'm sure their Mother would be proud at their lack of a sarcasm detector.

It seems as though all the shit, moronic victory supporters are all concentrated onto that forum. The arrogance and vitriol that spews out from them is almost unfathomable! I'm sure most, if not all of them were bullied as kids.

Agreed

We're still a better club. No sarcasm from me. Sure our trophy cabinet might be empty but we don't throw bottles at children or march down the street wearing balaclava's. We don't pretend to be Eastern European Hooligans, we do pretend to be oppressed and most of all we don't have the biggest thug in football history leading our club. 

Proud to be a City supporter more and more everyday. 

• Like 6