Fornaroli            McCormack 

3 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Birighitti

Delbridge   LaRocca Bart 

O’Halloran  Brattan  Griffiths Mcgree

Berenguer    

Fornaroli            McCormack 

Could also play a 4-4-2 as well 

All this talk off Ross becomes more and more unlikely as soon as you start putting blokes down on paper and realize Wazza is pretty much fixed in his setup. 

No chance of 3 at the back. Although he did tinker with it early days he basically played 4 at the back every week. 

In the middle he has stuck with 2 holding players and 1 more advanced and generally that more advanced is selected based on his work rate over skills/ability. 

Not sure if he would go with 2 up top but he does like his wingers, so generally speaking he is mainly a 433 guy or a 4231.

So getting Ross with Bruno looking so good for me is completely out of the question. 

But hey he may have come up with something new and blows the above theory away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

All this talk off Ross becomes more and more unlikely as soon as you start putting blokes down on paper and realize Wazza is pretty much fixed in his setup. 

No chance of 3 at the back. Although he did tinker with it early days he basically played 4 at the back every week. 

In the middle he has stuck with 2 holding players and 1 more advanced and generally that more advanced is selected based on his work rate over skills/ability. 

Not sure if he would go with 2 up top but he does like his wingers, so generally speaking he is mainly a 433 guy or a 4231.

So getting Ross with Bruno looking so good for me is completely out of the question. 

But hey he may have come up with something new and blows the above theory away.

Though I agree with you, the question becomes a moral one - would the benefit of Ross outweigh the cost of changing systems. I think not at this level as he is surplus to a league with constraints. However, from a fan POV, how impressive it would be to see him and Bruno both up forward. With all our midfield, I would not even mind a 352 which would suit our squad. But I do not think it will happen, and your analysis of Wazzas and the inferences you made seem most probable.

26 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Though I agree with you, the question becomes a moral one - would the benefit of Ross outweigh the cost of changing systems. I think not at this level as he is surplus to a league with constraints. However, from a fan POV, how impressive it would be to see him and Bruno both up forward. With all our midfield, I would not even mind a 352 which would suit our squad. But I do not think it will happen, and your analysis of Wazzas and the inferences you made seem most probable.

4-4-2 done ✅ we need more goal threats we have scored 2 goals in 300 minutes and vs Jets didn’t have a final ball. 

If the club has any ambition like Victory and Sydney have shown it’s a easy decision.

Edited by CityBoyz

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

4-4-2 done ✅ we need more goal threats we have scored 2 goals in 300 minutes and vs Jets didn’t have a final ball. 

If the club has any ambition like Victory and Sydney have shown it’s a easy decision.

If you had any ambition you'd centre your avatar

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

WJ wanted Ross to stay for the rest of the season when Bruno was coming back from injury  so he must have had a plan to integrate them together in the team

19 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

WJ wanted Ross to stay for the rest of the season when Bruno was coming back from injury  so he must have had a plan to integrate them together in the team

I would have him back in a heartbeat. Bureacracy usually wins out. Ross would give his all for this club at the drop of a hat.

27 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Not necessarily. If Ross had stayed I doubt Bruno would have played at all last season. He wasn't really ready to play - he was still in a lot of pain those few matches he did play.

We just need to realise that CFG are not going to pay anyone 2.3m GBP per season to play for Melbourne City. We were burned by the Cahill experience. OK so we're not scoring a lot of goals ATM. But we're into the last 8 of the FFA Cup, playing some nice football, and have quite a bit of talent in the squad.

Forget McCormack.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, playmaker said:

@bt50

Sorry I took the comment to mean it doesn't increase our chances of getting him, which obviously it didn't mean that at all. My bad.

Nah not what i meant, although in saying that i actually don't think it helps our chances of getting him at all because he's now accessible to all clubs. IMO our best chance of getting him was on loan again, as at least Villa would be getting *something* for him. 
With Ross as a free agent, he can now entertain offers from anywhere he likes, and i suspect he'll endeavor to stay in Europe given he has young kids and has split from the Mrs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Is that how it works now though? Most leagues have transfer deadlines and registration deadlines (I am basing this entirely from Football Manager, btw).

No, IIRC it isn't. A "free agent" can be signed at any time, provided they had been release by their previous club before the end of the previous transfer window. And also remember that a player can play for only two clubs in any one season (where they both play in the same season -  i.e.summer or winter). In McCormack's case it seems that he hasn't yet been released by Villa, so I think the best we could do is a loan agreement.

Happy to be corrected, but IMO that's what the rules say.

If he has been released, he cannot go out on loan form his parent club as he does not belong to a club. I believe Villa have did the dirty on him as I think he cannot join any club where the transfer window has closed (most of Europe). But he can sign for a club where the window is open. The system is a bit complected but this is how I have read it.

42 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

If he has been released, he cannot go out on loan form his parent club as he does not belong to a club. I believe Villa have did the dirty on him as I think he cannot join any club where the transfer window has closed (most of Europe). But he can sign for a club where the window is open. The system is a bit complected but this is how I have read it.

So he's effectively been exiled if he wants to play... 

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Is that how it works now though? Most leagues have transfer deadlines and registration deadlines (I am basing this entirely from Football Manager, btw).

Yeah annoying, that haha. Especially if you’re a team with little to no money and sign a free agent throughout the season.. can’t even play em cos of registration.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

In case your wondering Steve Bruce said Villa will be terminating and paying out Ross contract so wonder where he will go as the European Window is shut

From what I hear it will be a race as to who gets terminated first then - bruce or ross. Most AV supporters are expecting Bruce to be shown the door prior to xmas.