Melbourne Football

Season 23-24 Round 27 MC v WSW Fri 12 Jan 8.15pm

Le Hack

For some reason this is designated as Round 27 of 27. Any way,4th v 3rd win this and we leapfrog WSW into third and if Glory do a number on Nix we could be second. Need to see where Jakolis and Natel are with the injuries they picked up last game. WSW has been a bit hit and miss so not sure what will happen here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

For some reason this is designated as Round 27 of 27. Any way,4th v 3rd win this and we leapfrog WSW into third and if Glory do a number on Nix we could be second. Need to see where Jakolis and Natel are with the injuries they picked up last game. WSW has been a bit hit and miss so not sure what will happen here.

I think they are missing Borrello big time, a good time to play them and at home should have a good chance for the 3. But as you say it depends on injuries, players were dropping like flies at the end of the last. Add Sakhi as well.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

it's the "Unite Round." Added to the original fixture so I suppose that's why it's Round 27...

Anything involving APL has to contain some idiosyncrasy...

Idio- something in more cases than not.

2 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Still think its dogshit that we have give up one of our home games to play in Sydney against a Sydney team. Wheres some CFG corruption when I need it?

I think it was the compromise with Sydney to get finals back how it was, they had to do something in return for the cash.

Is this home game the Sydney game thing then? It virtually makes it a home game for them.

Edited by moops

2 minutes ago, moops said:

Idio- something in more cases than not.

I think it was the compromise with Sydney to get finals back how it was, they had to do something in return for the cash.

Compromise would more palatable if we hadn't just sacrificed a home grand final to benefit a new south wales team...

I don't think it replaces anything. The season was 26 matches, now it's 27. TBH, it's just another decision by a Mickey Mouse disorganisation. The fixture is unbalanced even without this. It should be 3 complete rounds at the minimum, reducing to two H&A rounds as and when the League gets to 16 clubs. As I understand it, we have to play a minimum of 26 matches to be recognised by the AFC as a proper competition. The "finals" no longer count because AFC no longer recognises that rump competition. 

I may be wrong of course. With APL nothing seems to be as it should be. What annoys me is that our clubs and players go along with it, although I suspect that it now affects our recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We haven't sacrificed a home game, this is just an added game to the fixture. We will play our original home game against WSW at a later date, probably a midweek game. The game on Monday night between Adelaide and Macarthur I believe was their make up match for this week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

when the League gets to 16 clubs. As I understand it, we have to play a minimum of 26 matches to be recognised by the AFC as a proper competition.

We should be able to achieve the 26 game home away season with 14 teams not 16.... A 16 team league would equal 30 game home away season.

Edited by MHFC-FAN
  • Like 1

I can't be the only one who is slightly concerned about Nabbout coming back, he was meant to be out for season and he is back 3 months ahead of schedule. It's not a couple weeks, he was either misdiagnosed or has the healing powers never seen before. I just hope he isn't being rushed back before he is ready 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, neio said:

I can't be the only one who is slightly concerned about Nabbout coming back, he was meant to be out for season and he is back 3 months ahead of schedule. It's not a couple weeks, he was either misdiagnosed or has the healing powers never seen before. I just hope he isn't being rushed back before he is ready 

Somebody here explained that the damage found during the surgery was less than scans indicated - so yes misdiagnosed.

Natel is still here.

39 minutes ago, neio said:

IIRC, they initially thought he had torn a ligsment, but then found out there was a small bone fragment in tissue causing the issue. If you dig through my previous posts you will find one where I posted about this when my recollection of what Petrillo said to a small group of fans on a stadium tour was more accurate.

• Like 1

FUCK ME.. HOW FUCKIN LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR VAR

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How can they get away with this? Playing all matches in Sydney clearly favours NSW teams.

And Perth vs Welly also in Sydney? Absurd.

It's for "Unite Round".. what a crock of absolute shit!!

Can't say I am the biggest fan of him purely because of his antics when he first started for us but he has since stopped that and has become one of our most influential players and that player is Jakolis. We are really missing him out there tonight!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

Lopane ain’t a winger, surprised we didn’t start Mazzeo or even Caputo out wide. 

Yes he's missing something to play there.

Forward line has no spark with JMAC not being used in play and Marcelo being all over him. Natel actually doesn't have a lot of winger pace either.