Melbourne Football

Sack Vidmar

TheStig

18 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Was flagged as likely.

Look Ange was terrible in his first half a season at Roar when he had someone else’s squad.  Can Aurelio be better with his own players?

In the video they say only want 2-3 singings

I wish him well. Let's see what he can do with his own squad. Bear in mind that with cuts in income for next season, squad strength is going to be relative just as it was during COVID. We won't be as strong on paper next season, but we won't go backwards as much as other squads. 

27 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

We must think the kids are awesome then, because our squad was mediocre central!

yeah they pushed a real big focus on the essentially kids leaving and want more people to stay, could be good but looks shit unless Leckie and nabbout stay injury free which is unlikely 

Fuck me, what is Petrillo on?
Following Vidmar’s appointment as interim Head Coach in November 2023, City showed flair and ruthlessness in front of goal,
"Flair and ruthlessness in front of goal?" You have got to be joking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Following Vidmar’s appointment as interim Head Coach in November 2023, City showed flair and ruthlessness in front of goal,

That is trumpian in its scope.

10 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

That is trumpian in its scope.

I've just realised the typist listening to Petrillo's dictation made an error. It was supposed to be 'failure and toothlessness."

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Embarrassing and out of touch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Response on the socials are scathing 

Seems the club has lost touch with reality.  So self-satisfied. Trying to make sixth place an "achievement." The objective of all clubs should be to win all the competitions it enters. We failed miserably.

"...etched his name in Melbourne City history, scoring the club's maiden AFC Champions League goal..." Er, we didn't get out of the Group.... I don't mind a bit of hype, but this sort of thing is ridiculous, and IMO makes the club look foolish.

Surely better to say that we didn't win anything and from that perspective it was a disappointing season, but we feel that the the best way forward in the medium time-frame is to get some stability into the squad and staff given the various circumstances.

You need to take your fan-base with you every step of the way, because once they leave then it's bloody hard to get them back again. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

CFG no longer have any interest in "turning us into an Asian powerhouse"

It is hard to when the cap is so low and there is no reason for that kind of investment if we can't even bring the players in for it.

33 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I'm telling you. CFG no longer have any interest in "turning us into an Asian powerhouse" or whatever it was they said.

They don't care if we do well or not. 

It is quite likely that they may see us as a low level feeder club. That is, the club will find a few Bos and then onsell them. Whenever big European clubs are doing Melbourne tours they will charge for use of the facilities.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zanty said:

It is hard to when the cap is so low and there is no reason for that kind of investment if we can't even bring the players in for it.

This was the case before they purchased the club tho. It's not as if it was a big secret that nobody told them about.

10 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

It is quite likely that they may see us as a low level feeder club. That is, the club will find a few Bos and then onsell them. Whenever big European clubs are doing Melbourne tours they will charge for use of the facilities.

This is exactly what we are to them.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, playmaker said:

No thanks. He has not done well as a manager anywhere. Was a first team coach under Ange at Celtic. Maybe that’s the kind of role he should be looking at

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zanty said:

you would want a guy who has failed as a manager from the English 5th division to J-League as the manager?

He did ok at Crawley and nearly won the Asian champions league. Also I bet he has cool stories about being at Liverpool. Heaps better then vidosic who's just a stand in 

On 22/07/2024 at 3:04 PM, Zanty said:

you would want a guy who has failed as a manager from the English 5th division to J-League as the manager?

We need more memes.

Kewell would be one of the best.

Oh hang on, we have Vidmar.

Scratch that.

• Haha 1