Melbourne Football

Nicolas Colazo

Deviant

32 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I am yet to see anything from this bloke that suggests he is worth a marquee spot.

After his total minutes played so far I agree. Has hit some nice passes a couple high quality crosses and some quality set pieces but overall not really marquee quality. 

Still early days and isn't being helped playing centrally but really needs to produce something in his next 180 minutes or we may have another Koren scenario. 

Mind you he does work hard so it doesn't seem to be an attitude thing.

Just expecting more when comparing Brandan and Jakobsen and of course Fornaroli. 

46 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I am yet to see anything from this bloke that suggests he is worth a marquee spot.

Disagree. Quality player. At last someone who can take a decent inswinger dead-ball kick, and get a cross on to someone's head in the box. Should be playing either LB (where he was excellent in the Final) or LW. Last night one of the very few actually showing he wanted an equaliser in the dying stages.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disagree. Quality player. At last someone who can take a decent inswinger dead-ball kick, and get a cross on to someone's head in the box. Should be playing either LB (where he was excellent in the Final) or LW. Last night one of the very few actually showing he wanted an equaliser in the dying stages.

Decent player being woefully misused and messed about.  Stick him in as our regular left back, give him licence to overlap and then see how he does with am extended run in the side.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2016 at 0:35 AM, dr lime said:

I don't know. Keep waiting for him to do a bit more than take good free kicks and corners. Needs to play at left back because in midfield he doesn't do enough for mine. Drifts out of the game too easily. 

Agree 100%.

To date I am really disappointed in this guy. I would have subbed him last night at ~55. I would drop him for Brandan.

Needs a good kick up the backside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Agree 100%.

To date I am really disappointed in this guy. I would have subbed him last night at ~55. I would drop him for Brandan.

Needs a good kick up the backside.

100 % agree

he is listed as a MARQUEE and should be delivering like one

since coming back from injury has not performed ( as a marquee player)

Still waiting for this guy to take the league apart. Certainly the player I wanted to get behind this season especially after the derby in round 2. Unfortunately at this stage it's seems that what we're seeing now from him is probably what we'll get the rest of the season. Will be helpful once Brandan gets back and Colazo goes into that left fullback position.

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Still waiting for this guy to take the league apart. Certainly the player I wanted to get behind this season especially after the derby in round 2. Unfortunately at this stage it's seems that what we're seeing now from him is probably what we'll get the rest of the season. Will be helpful once Brandan gets back and Colazo goes into that left fullback position.

I don't think it helps Colazo too much with a player like Rose behind him.  He's the sort of player that needs a competent player near him that he can play a 1-2 off or overlap to put in a cross onto Timmy's or Bruno's head.

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Is it just me but are we entering Koren territory with Colazo?

It's just you. :)

Problem is that Colazo is not used to the tactical stupidity of our game therefore struggles to play his natural game. He looks for link ups in the midfield, but our mids are too deep so the opportunities are gone. But he did play some nice links with Rose, but can't come inside due to no support and an overly congested front line. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, playmaker said:

It's just you. :)

Problem is that Colazo is not used to the tactical stupidity of our game therefore struggles to play his natural game. He looks for link ups in the midfield, but our mids are too deep so the opportunities are gone. But he did play some nice links with Rose, but can't come inside due to no support and an overly congested front line. 

You missed my point. I'm not questioning his ability or class. More so him playing in position that best suits him and the team. The old square peg in a round hole discussion. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Is it just me but are we entering Koren territory with Colazo?

Not yet but there are similarities. Colazo clearly has class (in my view more than the aging Koren) but similar to Koren has a minisicule workrate. 

You don't sign a marquee to be the 11th best player in your squad. He should be (even) better than Brandan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, playmaker said:

IMG_20170107_180142.pngIMG_20170107_180148.pngIMG_20170107_180159.png

The stats sort of support my observations last night, as in he was more creative, solid and better distributor than Kamau who tends to be lost with the ball.

Lol i love how Fitzgerald came on at the 80th minute and almost played better then kamau and he was on for the whole game.

#kamauisshit

9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I'll say it again, this guy is entering Koren territory. 

Obviously skilled player but for whatever reason doesn't produce. For a Marquee not good enough. 

The reason last night was that the linesman got it completely wrong.

Would you be saying that he's not producing and he's not good enough if his goal last night hadn't been incorrectly disallowed? Such a fine line in this sport sometimes...

Edited by SF33
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SF33 said:

Would you be saying that if his goal last night hadn't been incorrectly disallowed? Such a fine line in this sport sometimes...

Probably not. And yes it's a fine line but you can really only comment on what happened not what should of.

Cahill really hasn't done much but has scored some big goals and IMO warrants a place in the squad Colazo has had moments and is a class player yet hasn't really dominated as a Marquee should. He is way behind Jakobsen and Brandan in comparison and nowhere near Fornaroli. 

So for me he is really struggling. And tbf he is not helped by his left back who does him no favours with or without the ball.

IMO he's been rubbish. Seriously good for whipping in corners, but his general play has been awful for someone commanding marquee wages.

From what i've seen he has to be played at LB for the remainder of the season; he's not quick enough or effective enough to play on the wing, esp when we have the Tiprat there to fill that role. He can still offer the same dead ball expertise from a full back position.

And fwiw, i would have thought he was shit last night regardless of whether the goal was allowed or not. He didnt do the heavy lifting there, that was Brattans pass.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Probably not. And yes it's a fine line but you can really only comment on what happened not what should of.

Cahill really hasn't done much but has scored some big goals and IMO warrants a place in the squad Colazo has had moments and is a class player yet hasn't really dominated as a Marquee should. He is way behind Jakobsen and Brandan in comparison and nowhere near Fornaroli. 

So for me he is really struggling. And tbf he is not helped by his left back who does him no favours with or without the ball.

I'd agree with that, but a bit harsh to be saying it based on last night, when he would have been considered one of our best few players, if not for a call that was blatantly incorrect.

There is something wrong with his positioning as a left winger. Kamau always seems to be active and making runs and getting the ball, colazo doesn't 

I thought it may have been just that we play down right hand side more,  but when they switched for 10 minutes.  Kamau was still doing same thing but on left,  and colazo was still not involved 

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic