Melbourne Football

Nicolas Colazo

Deviant

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I would like somebody to look into the fact that the replays on the stadium big screen was being used by the fourth official and opposite linesman to overrule the offside goal. The clearly informed him in his ear.

Maybe then they could have had another look at Bruno's header as he seemed onside with his feet (playing part of the body).

I didn't mind the lineup and formation, with this setup you will most games.

Offside applys to any part of the body that can score a goal. In saying that the benefit of the doubt should be to the attacking player. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

Wasted at LB. He is the type of player that when put centrally opens up the opposition defence.

A Colazo and Caceres line behind Bruno and Brandan would be interesting.

IMO I think defences would struggle with this 4 player link up in a more open pitch/ direct and fast transition.

What has caceras ever shown in a city shirt? Hard to think of one standout game he has played for us. He's just a walking yellow card, shown zero discipline.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 8:24 PM, Embee said:

Doesn't do anywhere near enough to justify being a marquee player. Don't keep after this season please.

My information is that he's here on a one-season loan only and has a pre-contract agreement for next season with another Argentinian club. Transfermarkt also has him on a one-season loan to us. So your wish will probably be granted.

5 minutes ago, Austin316 said:

first time i saw colazo i thought he was going to take the mickey in this league

what a huge disappointment and what a waste of 1 million AUD for his loan

lets get someone good next year

in comparison the 250 we are paying fernando brandan

No chance of being 1 million AUD I reackon between 400 and 500k. Either he hasn't earnt a youth wage yet. Clock is ticking and he is running out of time to produce. 

Of course if he carries the team this week all will be forgiven.

11 minutes ago, Austin316 said:

first time i saw colazo i thought he was going to take the mickey in this league

what a huge disappointment and what a waste of 1 million AUD for his loan

lets get someone good next year

in comparison the 250 we are paying fernando brandan

Nothing like $1m. Probably not more than Sorensen. "Marquee" means paid outside the cap, not necessarily mega-dollars.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

How much of his shit performance can be blamed on himself, and how much on the players around him? Is it his fault no one can finish from his crosses?

Well besides his good crosses and freekicks, when have you seen him take on a defender one on one? He has got no pace and explosivity either. I can't remember a game where he stood out due to his work rate.

19 hours ago, jeffplz said:

wow very good.

Being sarcastic? I've just seen him single handed letting Brisbane score 0-2...the guy doesn't want to be here and the level of football is above his head.....but yeah and no....just no - this first 45 he can't even control a ball.

Edited by Mr MO

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Being sarcastic? I've just seen him single handed letting Brisbane score 0-2...the guy doesn't want to be here and the level of football is above his head.....but yeah and no....just no - this first 45 he can't even control a ball.

I'm no Colazo fan (& agree his work rate is terrible), but that second  (offside) goal, Kilkenny made a suicidal dash out of defence that opened us up.

• Like 1

I think he's been fantastic. With a proven scoring target up front, his crosses could have yielded another 2-3. He's been spot on.

Kilkenny clearly culpable for that second goal, as far as I'm concerned. Surely you stay between your opponent and the goal in such a dangerous spot.

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic