Melbourne Football

ROUND 5: Adelaide v City 5th November 8pm

n i k o

I know Richardson won't play cause it seems like JVS has something against him, but this would be my preferred starting XI

Sorensen

Retre Chapman Richardson Garuccio

Trifiro       Melling

Mooy

Kuzy    Fornaroli   Gameiro

Tando, Hughes, Paartalu, Mauk, Zinni    

Mauk on around 53rd minute mark for Melling, Zinni for Gameiro around the 60th-65th minute, and either Hughes or Paartalu 71st minute.

Looks like this time of the season came early. I have the annual want for us to lose so there is more nails in the JVS coffin

It is proving to be a remarkably large coffin that seems to accommodate a more than substantial number of nails. There is a real danger that we mat run out of nails before we can truly seal the coffin...

I know Richardson won't play cause it seems like JVS has something against him, but this would be my preferred starting XI

Sorensen

Retre Chapman Richardson Garuccio

Trifiro       Melling

Mooy

Kuzy    Fornaroli   Gameiro

Tando, Hughes, Paartalu, Mauk, Zinni    

Mauk on around 53rd minute mark for Melling, Zinni for Gameiro around the 60th-65th minute, and either Hughes or Paartalu 71st minute.

you'd drop Kisnorbo (our only decent defender) and keep chapman. Who is going to stop Big Brucie heading in every single corner and cross?

• Like 1

Did you know Chapman is not even 5"7? No wonder he can't win headers. 

that's funny!

Honestly though for his height he's terrible & if you watch the Perth and Newcastle games again ( I know why would you, have to be even more insane than the rest of us) you'll see what I'm getting at. Obviously I'd like a well rounded centre back, but if I have to choose between 1 that can't pass and 1 that can't head, in this league I'm going for the poor passer. 

PS youguys are a tough crowd surely my "another boring Thursday night in Adelaide" gag was worth a like?

We have only beaten Adelaide once away back in 2010...yes they are playing like sh#t right now, but I don't see that lasting much longer especially given our ability to rarely pick up 3 points against weaker teams. 

Tip reds win or draw. 

Edited by MHFC-FAN
Adelaide to win from an own goal.

you'd drop Kisnorbo (our only decent defender) and keep chapman. Who is going to stop Big Brucie heading in every single corner and cross?

Bruce isn't fully fit, expect him to play not a full game, and from what I've seen of Richardson, he can head a ball really well, and his distribution is better than Chapman's and Kisnorbo's combined.

Bruce isn't fully fit, expect him to play not a full game, and from what I've seen of Richardson, he can head a ball really well, and his distribution is better than Chapman's and Kisnorbo's combined.

Thinking about it, yeah play Kisnorbo instead of Chapman. 

So in all probability we have to score 3 goals to win 

I never feel comfortable until we are up 5 goals and with only 2 minutes to go. I have been conditioned by the club.

We have a history of rushing guys back from injury, I really hope their conditioning is up to scratch.

History is too soft a word. It is policy - this season we rushed Zullo back.

• Like 1

Squad. Koren has picked up a Germano it seems. 

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 3.Aaron HUGHES, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 6.Erik PAARTALU, 7.Corey GAMEIRO, 8.Aaron MOOY, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Jason TRIFIRO, 17.Wade DEKKER, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK, 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (C), 25.Jacob MELLING

***two to be omitted***

Ins:  3.Aaron HUGHES (returns from injury), 6.Erik PAARTALU (promoted), 9.Harry NOVILLO (promoted), 16.Jason TRIFIRO (promoted), 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK) (promoted)

Outs:  28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (omitted), 36.Matt MILLER (omitted), 50.Alexander PAVLIDIS (GK) (omitted)

Unavailable:  5.Ivan FRANJIC (quad - 1-2 weeks), 10.Robert KOREN (calf – 3-4 weeks), 11.Michael ZULLO (calf – 1-2 weeks), 14.James BROWN (foot – indefinite), 26.Marc MARINO (knee – 3 months)

Edited by bellydrum

Predicted XI- Close to full strength, barring Zullo, Franjic and Koren

Sorensen

Retre    Chapman    PK    Garrucio 

Mooy     Melling

Mauk

Williams     El Tuna      Gameiro 

Bench: Tando, Hughes, Paartalu, Novillo & Dekker/Trifiro 

Ommitted: Clisby & Dekker/Tririfiro

Edited by millm103

Brilliant by JVS, instead of seeing a natural winger (Kuzi) we'll be treated to Wade Dekker having no fucking idea what he's doing.

I like Dekker but he is not a winger and he cost us the game last week with the pen and his late shot when a cutback was on.

If he's a sub to play a central role then it's ok. If he's going to be subbed for the wing then JVS seems to have even less clue than I thought. Unless he's just there as back up in case something happens to Fornaroli. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2