Melbourne Football

R 3: City vs. CCM, Sun 25 Oct, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

Mooy scored, zinni should have scored, gamerio should have scored. Easily could have been 6-1. Very promising albeit against CCM but if we want to be a contender we have to do this to the weaker sides. 

Actually I thought CCM played well. It was an entertaining and attacking game from both sides.

• Like 1

Active support are in the south end. GA in the north end.

It was pretty funny how the Active supporters were trying to get the north end to stand up for the Ole oleeeee and there were just two kids standing in the front row doing it! Lol

On the other hand, how good was the wing's (Gate 7 side) response? OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEE...OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEE :clap:

Thanks for the special applause bearded Capo man! hehe

It was pretty funny how the Active supporters were trying to get the north end to stand up for the Ole oleeeee and there were just two kids standing in the front row doing it! Lol

On the other hand, how good was the wing's (Gate 7 side) response? OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEE...OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEE :clap:

Will only take a few more people to stand up and get them up

I'm on the gate 7 side, gave it my all and really enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Was a great win that we really needed!

The Ole Ole chant is great and it was awesome to see thew wings getting up and about for it, the noise was pretty electric when all that was going on. I really like the applause at the end too. The wings don't get much chance to thank the Active even if they really appreciate their work so it's a good show of respect from both active and GA I reckon. 

Won't be long before we get the Northern end going and that will sound great too. Maybe we need a chant specifically for the far end to know it is their time to stand up?

Can't wait for Friday night, we really need to back up our efforts for this win to really hold weight. 

• Like 2

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier and apologies if so, but did people notice yesterday that the Melbourne football ads on the big screen before the game showed snippets of our goals and fans, but the audio over it was the commentary of the barbarouses and berisha goals in the semi final?

• Like 1

Anyone notice the announcer saying "Substitution for Melbourne Victory" when CCM made their first/second sub?

I'm afraid the past couple of seasons with that other bloke screaming into the microphone mean that I pay no attention to the announcer whatsoever, before or during the match, or at half-time.

Edited by jw1739

they don't advertise the comp to the public do they? it's just in the member emailfuck giving an amazing prize to someone that might come to another game, reward the people that will come back

They do. It was on the club's web-site. So anyone bothering to go there would see the opportunity.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/win-a-trip-for-two-to-new-york-city/1o008lj3fpych1qwjkbzbntpuz

they don't advertise the comp to the public do they? it's just in the member emailfuck giving an amazing prize to someone that might come to another game, reward the people that will come back

Don't disagree with that, but from a purely marketing perspective they would want to convert supporters.

Don't disagree with that, but from a purely marketing perspective they would want to convert supporters.

Its much cheaper to retain existing supporters that it is to recruit new supporters. If, in theory the franchise had retained every season ticket holder in Heart/City's existence then it would have visitors sized membership figures.