Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

• 3 weeks later...

Kalacs: "MELBOURNE CITY made me lose my love of football" 

Kalac is known to be a bit of an idiot. But it got me wondering as a discussion point, do the players feel part of a football club when they come to play with us and genuinely want to strive for the club. Or is there a certain hollowness about them playing for us? Could this be linked with the inconsistencies and perceived haphazard approach to some games? 

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Kalacs: "MELBOURNE CITY made me lose my love of football" 

Kalac is known to be a bit of an idiot. But it got me wondering as a discussion point, do the players feel part of a football club when they come to play with us and genuinely want to strive for the club. Or is there a certain hollowness about them playing for us? Could this be linked with the inconsistencies and perceived haphazard approach to some games? 

I don't think it's just us mate - we're an easy target because we seem 'manufactured'. But I think most players would feel that way playing for any club in the HAL at the moment.

As for Kalac, i reckon he's just looking for a scapegoat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rass said:

I don't think it's just us mate - we're an easy target because we seem 'manufactured'. But I think most players would feel that way playing for any club in the HAL at the moment.

As for Kalac, i reckon he's just looking for a scapegoat.

Mirror mirror on the wall....who’s the most plastic club of them all!

34 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

All the talk about crowds and members but it’s a miracle we get even one person to games after what Joyce did to this club.

Surely we can’t be that naive to think that it’s solely Joyce to blame. The real decision makers in marketing, scouting and recruitment are still sitting comfortable in their seats. 

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Surely we can’t be that naive to think that it’s solely Joyce to blame. The real decision makers in marketing, scouting and recruitment are still sitting comfortable in their seats. 

And so are all the line managers sitting above Joyce in the hierarchy.

I don't blame Joyce at all. You don't blame the sergeant for losing the battle, you blame the generals. Joyce had Petrillo and Munn above him out at Latrobe, and then the Board of Melbourne City, and then CFG above, or parallel with, them, plus others such as Marwood giving input to what was happening.

The number of changes of personnel, on and off the field, we have seen at City is astonishing. All right, I've had a beer on an empty stomach, but the club is a fucking shambles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

And so are all the line managers sitting above Joyce in the hierarchy.

I don't blame Joyce at all. You don't blame the sergeant for losing the battle, you blame the generals. Joyce had Petrillo and Munn above him out at Latrobe, and then the Board of Melbourne City, and then CFG above, or parallel with, them, plus others such as Marwood giving input to what was happening.

The number of changes of personnel, on and off the field, we have seen at City is astonishing. All right, I've had a beer on an empty stomach, but the club is a fucking shambles.

Been a full on year for you JW, get stuck into that beer mate, you deserve it.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, citypool said:

I’ve got a question but not sure where else to ask it me and my partner have city blue memberships but we wanna sit in active next game. Can we use our membership or do we need to buy tickets?

Word on the street is just to sneak in at an advantaegous moment. Security is generally lax. Perhaps enter from the corner and make your way across. Be careful not to sit in anyones seat!

Edited by JMSTEP123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Word on the street is just to sneak in at an advantaegous moment. Security is generally lax. Perhaps enter from the corner and make your way across. Be careful not to sit in anyones seat!

Thanks man I’m taking some Englishmen and I really wanna show off our culture hopefully get the win as well 

16 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Club Atletico Torque (just promoted up from the Uruguayan second division, but also part of the City Football Group) are apparently signing this fella :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Allende

Tidy little player, wouldn't have thought his resume would have looked too out of place playing for us.

"Little" being the operative word.

• Like 1

CFG can you have look at the club next door please? Mainly to learn how a top club operates in improving player quality and ruthlessness with underperformers including staff.

We look like a government institution keeping Joyce and players like Berenguer way too long. Those type of positions can be substituted without having any effect on the cap - we know that right?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

CFG can you have look at the club next door please? Mainly to learn how a top club operates in improving player quality and ruthlessness with underperformers including staff.

We look like a government institution keeping Joyce and players like Berenguer way too long. Those type of positions can be substituted without having any effect on the cap - we know that right?

Yep they didn’t like Dobras and he’s gone this window. We just put our heads in the sand when we all know he’s gone in May. Could free up a marquee now so we have 2 visas and can chase the title but nope. Too much ambition for this club 

2 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Yep they didn’t like Dobras and he’s gone this window. We just put our heads in the sand when we all know he’s gone in May. Could free up a marquee now so we have 2 visas and can chase the title but nope. Too much ambition for this club 

They also just pissed off Kurz.

27 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I know it's unpopular to 'look next door' but this is 100% true. Our problem under CFG is that our owners have no affinity with Australia, Melbourne or our team. The whole exercise is 'sports washing' and each team in the stable is simply a 'trophy' with Manchester being the prize. At least with Di Pietro he is 'invested' in his team and will not sit idly by while things turn to shit. That's the difference between Tard management and us - Wazza in charge for 2 years is proof. Should have been shown the door after one season.

20-sheikh-mansour-directors-box.jpg

Edited by HEARTinator

27 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

I know it's unpopular to 'look next door' but this is 100% true. Our problem under CFG is that our owners have no affinity with Australia, Melbourne or our team. The whole exercise is 'sports washing' and each team in the stable is simply a 'trophy' with Manchester being the prize. At least with Di Pietro he is 'invested' in his team and will not sit idly by while things turn to shit. That's the difference between Tard management and us - Wazza in charge for 2 years is proof. Should have been shown the door after one season.

20-sheikh-mansour-directors-box.jpg

I dislike Joyce as much as anyone, but in his first season we finished third (our highest ever finish) and were a VAR fuck-up from making our first Asian Champions League. No other club in this league is a sacking a manager after he takes them to their highest ever finish and gets them within a bees dick of their inaugural Asian campaign.

He should have been removed early during his second season IMO.

• Like 4