Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

CFG paying 100 million for Sterling and can't payout Koren and get us a decent marquee player. Wtf 

City are really struggling to get English players to fill their quota re. financial fair play that they are hugely overpaying for players. They wanted Fabian Delph!

Where is this 10am announcement

Samaras. But you will have to wait Thursday 10am

OXI  to Bresciano

please , let sanity prevail,

F* me! Surely we will not get this over the hill dude? ADP in season 2 for Sydney FC was running faster then him in the Asian Cup.

• Like 1

Welcome Aaron Hughes!              Even at 35 will love you...

Visa signing on a 35 year old. WTF. I think City's ultimatum to JVS means he is planning short term and going for a title this year. He better know something we don't!

Sack the 35 plus scouts

Visa signing on a 35 year old. WTF. I think City's ultimatum to JVS means he is planning short term and going for a title this year. He better know something we don't!

Sack the 35 plus scouts

Just worked it out. We don't actually have 35 plus scouts. We have only 1 scout looking at 35 plus aged players.

• Like 4

I'm tipping that they won't want an old defender and an old keeper in our visa mix.  I can understand one,  to add more structure and organisation at the back.  So I reckon that's the end of the Sorenson idea.  

as long as Hughes is not costing a pretty penny, i'm happy.

as i posted in another thread, the rest of the confirmed signings are (at the time of posting) 18, 21, 23 and 27 years old.  given the focus around much younger players, the odd older player shouldn't be too bad - after all he brings a wealth of experience to be calming influence.

• Like 2

as long as Hughes is not costing a pretty penny, i'm happy.

as i posted in another thread, the rest of the confirmed signings are (at the time of posting) 18, 21, 23 and 27 years old.  given the focus around much younger players, the odd older player shouldn't be too bad - after all he brings a wealth of experience to be calming influence.

Never sent off in his career. Good bloke to have around the likes of Chapman and Melling I'd say.

• Like 3

Never sent off in his career. Good bloke to have around the likes of Chapman and Melling I'd say.

450 EPL games without a red, 200 since the last yellow apparently

Phenomenal to be honest

Edited by Nate

With the signing of Hughes does this make the Samaras rumour look more likely?

As we seem to have only signed Defensive players so far.

I tend to think the story on Mooy today means Samaras is a no. It might open the door to sign Bresh tho if Mooy goes.

Hopefully Mooy stays tho and its all just positioning by his manager

• Like 1

I don't think so. It's seems to me that prickly pear will be our first choice striker with players like Gamerio and Williams able to play there if necessary. The Herald Sun is also reporting we're trying to move Mooy into the Aus marquee spot.

I personally think we'll sign Bruno and then leave that last VISA spot open.

This Club can not afford to leave Visa Spots open.. Have we learnt nothing in the first 5 seasons? VISA players and Marquee signings are the key if we are to have any success. 

If we lose Mooy and potentially replace him with Breac, that would be going backwards.. and to think we have owners who are invested in football with all the resources at their disposal I can't image they would make such a catastrophic error like that. 

Personally I think Mooy will stay and TBH as good as he is an A-League Player the way he holds on to the ball for too long could really catch him unstuck in a league at a higher level. TBH I think the side could have performed a bit better last year if he had been a bit more team orientated.

Let's face it, this was always on the cards. Mooy's choice is between being our Australian marquee for several years or going to Europe and being a bench warmer or out on loan to some shit club in a lower league. He'll be 25 before next season so he's no spring chicken. Touch-and-go whether he stays I'm afraid, but I hope he does.

we've let Ramsay, duga, Kennedy and duff go.

brought in Gameiro, kusi, Novillo & rumoured Tuna.

so not conclusive either way in my book. Really depends on how they see Tuna, is he a striker or a winger?

Personally I think Mooy will stay and TBH as good as he is an A-League Player the way he holds on to the ball for too long could really catch him unstuck in a league at a higher level. TBH I think the side could have performed a bit better last year if he had been a bit more team orientated.

You're as right as I am, but I couldn't disagree more. For whatever shorfalls he may have, I think the team would've been significantly worse without him.

Saying 'if he improved this area the team would've improved' is such a slippery slope. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic