Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

At the end of the day I've got the patience to wait another 5+ years I'm not complaining, because I know where our club would be if we were still owned by Heart. (CBF driving to Geelong a few times a season.)

But it's just a spin out that from these  6 clubs we are the richest in Asia and have 30+ scouts around the world and much more.

VISA PLAYERS:

Melbourne City:

Koren (Slovenia) 34 MD                          Novillo (France) 23 FW                            Fornaroli (Uruguary) 27 FW                     Hughes (Ireland) 35 DF                          Sorensen (Denmark) 39 GK                

Adelaide:

Cirio (Spain) 30 FW                             Sanchez (Spain) 32 FW                       Carrusca (Argentina) 31 MD                     Isaise (Spain) 31 MD                           Palanca (Spain) 27 MD          

Brisbane:

Polenz (Germany) 28 DF                          Henrique (Brazil) 30 FW                         Kaluderovic (Serbia) 27 FW                     Solorzano (CostaRica) 27 FW                 Broich (Germany) 34 MD          

Victory:

Delpierre (France) 34 DF                     Georgievski (Skorpiano) 27 DF           Berisha (Albania) 29 FW                        BenKhalfallah (Tunisia) 32 MD                Finkler (Brazil) 29 MD                          

Sydney:

Faty (Senegal) 31 DF                           Dimitrijevic (Serbia) 31 MD                     Tavares (Senegal) 32 MD                       Abbas (Iraq) 28 MD                  

Perth:

Djulbic (Bosnia) 32 DF                         Kramar (Slovenia) 23 DF                     Keogh (Ireland) 29 FW                         Sidnei (Brazil) 28 FW                           Marinkovic (Serbia) 28 MD

Wellington:

Cunningham (CostaRica) 30 FW         Krishna (Fiji) 27 FW                             Riera (Spain) 31 MD                                Rodriguez (England) 21 MD                     Bonevacia (Netherlands) 23 MD

Ok so as you can see it's very embarrassing when we compare VISA players with the rest of the league. Then people wonder why we always fight for 6th come end of season.

95% of the other teams VISA players on this list were the best in every position and broke all the records.     Eg. Team of the season, most goals, assist ect...

A lot on this forum are quick to put the blame on Mun and JVS and now the CFG...

The problem is this guy and I hope the CFG pick it up quickly.                     JOHN DIDULICA!!!!!!!!!!                  This guy has been the cancer since day1!            

If we have fuck all injuries this season and everything goes our way we could finish 3rd. If our luck goes the same way as last season, get ready for another fight for 6th.

May God be with us for 15/16 Ameen!

Sorry about the way the players came out, you get the point.

Whats embarrassing? 3 of our players haven't even played yet (or confirmed for that matter) and Novillo would probably be snapped up by every club in the league bar the Mongs (who have Khalfallah) given the opportunity.

Not one of those players was a super star before they got here, they became name players in this comp by performing. There aint no guarantees in recruiting.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

Novillo has potential to be a great player this season yes, let's not get carried away and say he could walk into any club with 46 shots 3 goals. 

A 36 year old Archie Thompson had 32 shots 11 goals.

We are happy about Novillo yes, but that's because he stood out so much amongst our spuds. 

Novillo has potential to be a great player this season yes, let's not get carried away and say he could walk into any club with 46 shots 3 goals. 

We are happy about Novillo yes, but that's because he stood out so much amongst our spuds. 

dont know if your taking taking he piss or not.

the two players are completely different.

Novillo typically comes from midfield (even as an attacking mid / very deep lying forward) where many of his shots tend to come from low scoring positions and played in a team that had trouble with service / getting in that final ball in that we took many passes to get into a decent spot in the first place (given how many Novillo attempted from out of the box its not surprising he missed so many)

the wife beater is a winger / forward and came on late in most games where his lack of pace wasnt an issue so he was always given tap ins / simple finishes from with 12 yards.

completely fucking different.

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

Did you just refer to the one club I said probably wouldn't be interested in signing him?? :droy:

He not a star as yet, but id be very confident any club would offer him the deal we offered him assuming they had the cap space and position open on the basis of what we've seen in the 10 or so games last season.

The point being, credentials good or bad, no player is a guaranteed success in the a league, especially give the wage restrictions we are working with in this comp.

Whats embarrassing? 3 of our players haven't even played yet (or confirmed for that matter) and Novillo would probably be snapped up by every club in the league bar the Mongs (who have Khalfallah) given the opportunity.

Not one of those players was a super star before they got here, they became name players in this comp by performing. There aint no guarantees in recruiting.

I don't find anything embarrassing either. Being the "richest club in Asia" (even if we are) counts for little in a salary- and numbers-capped league except for the resources to chuck unlimited amounts at the two marquee players. The "Australian marquee" position basically isn't one at all because there aren't any players worthy of it who would consider playing in the A-League anyway (if it were an "Asian marquee" place then that might be different), leaving the "visa marquee" position being the one where having heaps of cash could be an advantage. Once again, however, no player actually worthy of having heaps of cash thrown his way would consider coming to the A-League in the prime of his career.

The advantage we have is having owners who are taking a long-term view of Melbourne City. We remain the only club that has not had to have FFA financial support at some point in its history. We are the only club that can say it has its own administrative and training facilities. We do have the benefit of the CFG scouting network, and as bt50 says, it delivered on Harry N. and I see no reason to doubt that it will deliver in the future. Yes, the club has made some mistakes, and I've been in the line of those who have complained about those. But I don't think there's cause for all the doom and gloom that I read on this forum.

• Like 5

Novillo scored 1 from outside the box and 2 from just outside the six yard box. Archie scored 2 from outside the box and two just inside the box. 

Novillo had 0 assists to Archie's 4. 

This is my point, our VISA players are so poor that only Novillo is the one we can try compare with. And at 23years old, if he was a polished player and could assist like Finkler and score for fun like Currusca and Betisha he wouldn't be playing in Australia. 

You say we had duds around Novillo? That's my point, where were our other four VISA players to help him...? I'll tell you.... Duff was gone getting his pension, he car pooled with Wielaert. Germano was getting his cock fix after pulling it so much on the sidelines for 4 years. And Our man of the moment Mr Koren, well I'll just stop there...

JVS was in Spain with John D for over a month... Let's see who our 5 VISA players are going to be.

Novillo scored 1 from outside the box and 2 from just outside the six yard box. Archie scored 2 from outside the box and two just inside the box.

This is my point, our VISA players are so poor that only Novillo is the one we can try compare with. And at 23years old, if he was a polished player and could assist like Finkler and score for fun like Currusca and Betisha he wouldn't be playing in Australia.

You say we had duds around Novillo? That's my point, where were our other four VISA players to help him...? I'll tell you.... Duff was gone getting his pension, he car pooled with Wielaert. Germano was getting his cock fix after pulling it so much on the sidelines for 4 years. And Our man of the moment Mr Koren, well I'll just stop there...

JVS was in Spain with John D for over a month... Let's see who our 5 VISA players are going to be.

You were just telling us how embarrassing our five current/new visa players are, you muppet.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

I was being sarcastic champ.

From day one till this coming season we could have gone through 30 Visa players. That's only if they were on one year contracts, so let's just say we've gone through roughly 15. From those 15 players can we name just one player that has the ability to change a game or tear a team a new asshole...? Just one player? 

Carlos Hernandez, Berisha, Broish, Carusca, Rojo, I can name another 20 easy.... But that one Heart/City Visa player wouldn't not be on that list. 

Dont give me that shit about we don't don't how they are going to perform... They get scouted but ppl who get paid to fkn scout. 

They don't come from a fkn        Kinder surprise! 

CFG call themselves a ruthless bunch, well fkn show us ruthless.

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic champ.

From day one till this coming season we could have gone through 30 Visa players. That's only if they were on one year contracts, so let's just say we've gone through roughly 15. From those 15 players can we name just one player that has the ability to change a game or tear a team a new asshole...? Just one player? 

Carlos Hernandez, Berisha, Broish, Carusca, Rojo, I can name another 20 easy.... But that one Heart/City Visa player wouldn't not be on that list. 

Dont give me that shit about we don't don't how they are going to perform... They get scouted but ppl who get paid to fkn scout. 

They don't come from a fkn        Kinder surprise! 

CFG call themselves a ruthless bunch, well fkn show us ruthless.

you're a very angry man, you need to settle. Barring novillo and koren no other visa has been signed yet. Also I have a good feeling about the el tuna got to give him a chance. I'm as disappointed as the next city supporter that we don't have our own pirlo, lampard or villa but the bottom line is even if we had one quality high profiled marquee there has been no past evidence to suggest that it would make us a vastly superior team. The issue is we need to invest in players for positions we are lacking, if that means a 35 year old cb then so be it. We would be complaining about another midfielder if we went out and captured a 28 year old midfielder.

And I agree with what has been previous stated winning will bring in the supporters. Not bringing in a 37 year old gimmick superstar and getting beat every week.

• Like 1

Is that a valid comparison? I don't have Thomson's figures for the season or parts of it in front of me, but Harry N. joined us only on 2nd March.

Yes I understand but I'm not crying out for a big name marquee. 

Look at the list I put up on Adelaides, Victorys or Wellingtons... All 5 of there visa players start every week and are class players who make an impact, none of them out of Australia are big names.

Most of the best Visa players in the league are in their 20's or very early 30's 

We on the other hand love players over 33 who spend more time on the stretcher than the pitch. Anyway whatever I'm over it, fingers crossed Tuna can bang a few in!

We weren't even talking previous visa players ffs. You put a list of our likely visa players up against everyone else's from last season and said it was embarrassing.

i said it wasn't and don't see how you can make that statement.

End of story.

if you'd wanted to compare previous visa signings, perhaps you should have put that in your original post.

yet you said the wife beater got 11 goals last season? if he only got 2 from outside the box, where the hell did he get the other 9? your numbers dont add up!!

something that comes back to what was said originally; Novillo's service and position was largely based outside the box.  cant really be compared to a bloke coming on for the last 20 minutes who scores predominately from service WITHIN the box!!!

in terms of the visa players you list with the notion adding 3 (Finkler, Carrusca and Berisha) into 1; off course any player would be overseas if they had the best of all three.  dont get your argument as what you claim was never said (Novillo being the best of all three) so wtf ... ;)

then again you do talk a lot about spuds.  takes one to know one right???

Novillo, Willams and Digandzic averaged 60min per game. Archie averaged 55min per game, so don't say he came on for the last 20min because that's Spud talk.

My point with Novillo is at his age as a Visa player (23) If he was so polished he would of made his Nottingham Forest trial before coming to us. 

Do you understand that now? Or do I need to break it down more?

Can you name me a Visa player that ever played for Heart/City younger than 30, who you can say took the piss on the field?

It's 6 years this season by the way...

Novillo, Willams and Digandzic averaged 60min per game. Archie averaged 55min per game, so don't say he came on for the last 20min because that's Spud talk.

My point with Novillo is at his age as a Visa player (23) If he was so polished he would of made his Nottingham Forest trial before coming to us. 

Can you name me a Visa player that ever played for Heart/City younger than 30, who you can say took the piss on the field?

He is obviously not an example due to his poor work ethic and fitness amongst a host of other deficiencies but Terra's highlight reel certainly would be the best five minutes you could watch of a bloke taking a piss on the A-League.

NOTE: He was in his late 20's when he started at MHFC.

Terra had 44 games for 7 goals... 

If that's what we are dealing with then we are in trouble.

Look guys we can't be happy with the Duffs at 35 years old played 15 games for 1 goal and 5 assists after having 40 corners. Everyone was over the moon when we signed this guy, at 35 really? Our recruiting has been so bad it's going to take the CFG a few more seasons to really have a solid foundation.

We could sign messi and you cunts would still find a reason to complain. It's the aleague, can't get big name players in the peak of the career. Have to go with unknowns for the most part or older players and hope the work done is scouting pays of. Judge them after they play not before 

he's too small  and he's on the decline.  He scored 73 goals in 2011-12 but only 58 in 2014-15.  No thanks.

Look guys we can't be happy with the Duffs at 35 years old played 15 games for 1 goal and 5 assists after having 40 corners. Everyone was over the moon when we signed this guy, at 35 really? Our recruiting has been so bad it's going to take the CFG a few more seasons to really have a solid foundation.

Did you even watch Duff play last season?

He is obviously not an example due to his poor work ethic and fitness amongst a host of other deficiencies but Terra's highlight reel certainly would be the best five minutes you could watch of a bloke taking a piss on the A-League.

NOTE: He was in his late 20's when he started at MHFC.

Mate, you have literally ignored almost half of the content in my post that was pointing out how Terra was not such a player... the first 50% of my post as well.

Yet like everyone else who has posted this afternoon you seem to ignore anything they say where their thinking is in line with your own just so you continue to argue with PPL on a Thursday Afternoon.

TBH I dont really care about your arguments to do with the club I just want to know why you are so persistent in your intent to argue today?

(And believe me I have also been in many a long winding pointless argument in my time on here.)

• Like 1

Terra wasn't good enough for what I'm saying, I know what you were saying about him... But that's my point we can't just say Terra. We have to say all the bullshit that comes with him, so he doesn't make it. 

See we can't name 1 visa player, fkn pathetic don't you think? After 6 years, it's a joke.

• Like 1

Did you even watch Duff play last season?

dont bring us players that will only last one season.

dude, you are completely missing the point to the extent its a total crack up.

you wanna whinge and bitch about Novillo being "unpolished", please explain how the fuck can Broich, Berisha, Khalfallah, Carrusca, Del Peirro, Hernandez, Delpierre, Bertos, Ifill all made it here to the A League.  if each one of these is soooooo much better, then please explain in your righteous view how these players "missed" the cut elsewhere.

the fact you try to confine everyone elses point to one single narrative and then totally fuck up what was actually said (ie that the players are taking the piss as opposed to you take the piss) is amusing to say the least

PS, you still havent confirmed that the wife beaters opportunities where actually anything near the opportunities Novillo had in terms of getting easier chances in the box than outside the box.  that's still on you dude.

Edited by mattyh001

Archie scored two goals outside the box, two just inside the box, 6 headers and 4 inside the 6 yard box. P.S he just signed a one year deal. 

Anyway my point to all this is just how shit our Visa players have been the last 6 years. If you guys are happy with 35 year old Duffs and you think a Novillo will win us a title then keep dreaming. 

Its fkn sad when the best 11 of last season and will be again next season by a mile was put together by Kevin fkn Muscat. What's on me? 

Type in Melbourne Heart Wikipedia and got to history, then tell me what the facts are??? I asked for one Visa player in 6 years that would make a list great imports and we don't have one. 

Archie scored two goals outside the box, two just inside the box, 6 headers and 4 inside the 6 yard box. P.S he just signed a one year deal. 

Anyway my point to all this is just how shit our Visa players have been the last 6 years. If you guys are happy with 35 year old Duffs and you think a Novillo will win us a title then keep dreaming. 

Its fkn sad when the best 11 of last season and will be again next season by a mile was put together by Kevin fkn Muscat. What's on me? 

Type in Melbourne Heart Wikipedia and got to history, then tell me what the facts are??? I asked for one Visa player in 6 years that would make a list great imports and we don't have one. 

LOL - You actually asked for one under 30.

But seeing that you have now changed your question to include those over thirty I may as well argue almost as retardly as yourself for fun and say Fred in Season 2 and Sibon in Season 1.

• Like 1

(a.) thats my point exactly; the wife beater got the service that allowed for much much easier goals.  

(b.) try Orlando Engelaar for one. smashed it for use Mooy style in the 6 months he was available.  had a broken leg. what else can you hold against the guy?

Edited by mattyh001

I still remember the day I said Murdocca wasn't creative and brought nothing to our team... 

lol guys spewing his gone?                 Anyway enough said, god help us with the 35 year olds coming our way.

LOL - What is your point? 

Do you think you should be proclaimed as an oracle for being able to point out the bloody obvious... because if that is case then each of the twenty blokes who I watch City with should each receive the same praise for when they moan about Murdocca.   

Fred? 38 games 3 goals.. That Fred? 

Sibon? The 37 year old who had a grandson. 

I CBF arguing with you on either of these... I am not that bored and almost every other poster on here does not need convincing on the worth of Sibon in S1 and Fred in S2.

Edited by cadete

Its obvious that the visa players we have historically had have been less than par. However realistically signing a 35 year old journeyman carries the same risk as a mid twenties no name player. You never know what you are going to get until they get a chance to either prove themselves or to fail.  

• jw1739 pinned this topic