Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

But that’s not a buy out that’s a transfer. 

I read it as a release clause. Not a contract buyout. So another club pays the release clause of $X and we can’t (or won’t) block the move. 

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of these things can shed some light. 

14 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I read it as a release clause. Not a contract buyout. So another club pays the release clause of $X and we can’t (or won’t) block the move. 

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of these things can shed some light. 

Generally it works as an agreement between the old club, the new club and the player.
So for an example Malik is happy to mutually terminate his contract with City, subject to (for arguments sake) Adelaide offering him a deal which he is happy with. Generally that means the same wage, but that could also be negotiated my Malik and his manager. The negotiation between City and Adelaide, if any, might be if Adelaide think he's too dear then City may agree to pay some of his wage to get the rest of it off of their books etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Generally it works as an agreement between the old club, the new club and the player.
So for an example Malik is happy to mutually terminate his contract with City, subject to (for arguments sake) Adelaide offering him a deal which he is happy with. Generally that means the same wage, but that could also be negotiated my Malik and his manager. The negotiation between City and Adelaide, if any, might be if Adelaide think he's too dear then City may agree to pay some of his wage to get the rest of it off of their books etc.

I just assumed it was an overseas club because I interpreted that as a release clause. But if it was an Australian club then mutual termination is the only way the deal gets done. 

6 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I just assumed it was an overseas club because I interpreted that as a release clause. But if it was an Australian club then mutual termination is the only way the deal gets done. 

Termination/release - same thing - just semantics. We'll be saving a few $ on Malik which we will add to what we have in the war chest as a result of the other releases.

Just a guess that Malik will go to Western Sydney.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Termination/release - same thing - just semantics. We'll be saving a few $ on Malik which we will add to what we have in the war chest as a result of the other releases.

Just a guess that Malik will go to Western Sydney.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting. Mulvey has promised three new signings "this week" (IIRC). Perhaps Malik might be one of them as well?

Malik is going overseas. Middle East. 

If the Jmac thing come through it'd look something like this going into the final 10 games...

euge
RDL Delbo Bort Jamo
    Baccus Griffiths
           Brattan
Wales Jmac McGree

Subs : Birra Good Florin Dario Atkinson

then najjaarine, metcalfe, najjar, la rocca and pierias

It's still pretty decent tbf. Another winger would be bloody handy, although maybe Najjar can do the business after his showing the other night?

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

If the Jmac thing come through it'd look something like this going into the final 10 games...

euge
RDL Delbo Bort Jamo
    Baccus Griffiths
           Brattan
Wales Jmac McGree

Subs : Birra Good Florin Dario Atkinson

then najjaarine, metcalfe, najjar, la rocca and pierias

It's still pretty decent tbf. Another winger would be bloody handy, although maybe Najjar can do the business after his showing the other night?

Just about spot on, especially if we can get a power winger across the line too.

Only change I would have is probable Florin for Wales. Wales running at tired defenders at the end of a game would be ideal imo.

It also fits into how you would structure McGree and Brattan. I counted 3 shots at goal (2 saved and 1 crossbar) for Florin in 60 minutes the other night. Add this to Brattan (who is doing really well as a #10 that has the extra benefit of scoring from outside the box) and McGree who is quite similar (when he gets on his left). All of a sudden you have 4 players in the attacking third who are not afraid to shoot.

Sounds good in theory anyway :)

12 minutes ago, rass said:

Just about spot on, especially if we can get a power winger across the line too.

Only change I would have is probable Florin for Wales. Wales running at tired defenders at the end of a game would be ideal imo.

It also fits into how you would structure McGree and Brattan. I counted 3 shots at goal (2 saved and 1 crossbar) for Florin in 60 minutes the other night. Add this to Brattan (who is doing really well as a #10 that has the extra benefit of scoring from outside the box) and McGree who is quite similar (when he gets on his left). All of a sudden you have 4 players in the attacking third who are not afraid to shoot.

Sounds good in theory anyway :)

Yeh probably depends on who we play and what injuries we have as to whether Florin starts imo. I've actually been impressed with him since he's come back tbf, after a pretty ordinary start.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh probably depends on who we play and what injuries we have as to whether Florin starts imo. I've actually been impressed with him since he's come back tbf, after a pretty ordinary start.

Agreed. He looks a lot better. I think he’s always had the skills to be an influential player but he needs to be given a free role where he can roam. 

Deserves a goal or two. 

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Agreed. He looks a lot better. I think he’s always had the skills to be an influential player but he needs to be given a free role where he can roam. 

Deserves a goal or two. 

I feel Croissant is a bit slow, and quite often tries to beat one player too many - ultimately losing it - instead of releasing the ball to a team-mate.

Very happy with this. 

Selling OM and changing our system to accommodate a striker with one of the best goalscoring ratios in the league's history is a very good decision. 

Hopefully we can release BF soon too. Having him around the club can't be good for player morale.

But giving the supporters a new player to get behind, and a Socceroo, is exactly what we all need. 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I feel Croissant is a bit slow, and quite often tries to beat one player too many - ultimately losing it - instead of releasing the ball to a team-mate.

He is a central midfielder playmaker, therefore should be played there and not on the wing. He gets rotated through the centre and plays his best there and then loses his way when he gets shifted to the wing.

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

He's bounced back well. Been very dangerous in the past two games especially when you consider he only played for roughly the equivalent of one full game and the chances he's created in that time.

• jw1739 pinned this topic