Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Free agent isn't he? Ex-Aston Villa so could well follow McCormack and De Laet. I would have thought that he could be signed outside the transfer window, because he's been a free agent since the end of the English 2017/18 season.

But would we want him? https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/the-highs-and-lows-of-gabriel-agbonlahor-goals-one-direction-dubai/

Yep, don't think we would even though he was good in his day.

Just threw the name up as I'm trying to work out who the other player is.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Free agent isn't he? Ex-Aston Villa so could well follow McCormack and De Laet. I would have thought that he could be signed outside the transfer window, because he's been a free agent since the end of the English 2017/18 season.

But would we want him? https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/the-highs-and-lows-of-gabriel-agbonlahor-goals-one-direction-dubai/

I'd only sign him for his famous chant at AVFC, shit will rock at AAMI boi 

Davutovic  stating Maclaren deal on verge of collapse 

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/perth-glory-sign-bruno-fornaroli-from-melbourne-city/news-story/ae2a84d00bdf4fc29358fc728094e19a

“It leaves City in a bind, with the deal to sign Socceroos striker Jamie Maclaren on the verge of collapse, with his Scottish club Hibernian now looking unlikely to release him.

Hibs had all but agreed to release Maclaren from his season-long loan deal from Germans Darmstadt, but the sudden departure of manager Neil Lennon has seen the club back-pedal.

City face an anxious wait on Jamie Maclaren.

City were hoping to unveil Maclaren and a visa attacker in the next 24 hours. They were mulling over two visa options, one of whom was West Brom’s Irish winger Wes Hoolahan”

11 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Davutovic  stating Maclaren deal on verge of collapse 

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/perth-glory-sign-bruno-fornaroli-from-melbourne-city/news-story/ae2a84d00bdf4fc29358fc728094e19a

“It leaves City in a bind, with the deal to sign Socceroos striker Jamie Maclaren on the verge of collapse, with his Scottish club Hibernian now looking unlikely to release him.

Hibs had all but agreed to release Maclaren from his season-long loan deal from Germans Darmstadt, but the sudden departure of manager Neil Lennon has seen the club back-pedal.

City face an anxious wait on Jamie Maclaren.

City were hoping to unveil Maclaren and a visa attacker in the next 24 hours. They were mulling over two visa options, one of whom was West Brom’s Irish winger Wes Hoolahan”

No one is coming 

27 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

No one is coming 

I have a disturbing feeling that you may be correct. If so, what a complete fuck-up by City and CFG.

Am I alone in thinking that this whole situation - Maclaren and the supposed other player arriving today - has descended into farce?

• Like 1

Over the course of the last month I have seen that in actually fact the club has absolutely no fucking clue about the connection the fans have to players. It's not just the Bruno scenario but other past scenarios behind the scenes. Which is then further proven through smaller details entailing being a member of this club. They clearly have their head up their own arses so far they can't see daylight. 

• Like 2

I fear that if we don't strengthen, we will be finishing fifth or sixth. Since this was where we were with Heart at our best, I'm struggling to see what CFG will have achieved other than kept us in existence. Which is hardly an achievement for them. Meanwhile they've seen support haemorrhage and supporters become disconnected and disillusioned. With West Melbourne on the horizon, this is the worst time to have our worst season as City. 

Now as others have said, we could in the next 24 hours see some key signings which will change that prognosis. But right now I am not optimistic... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I fear that if we don't strengthen, we will be finishing fifth or sixth. Since this was where we were with Heart at our best, I'm struggling to see what CFG will have achieved other than kept us in existence. Which is hardly an achievement for them. Meanwhile they've seen support haemorrhage and supporters become disconnected and disillusioned. With West Melbourne on the horizon, this is the worst time to have our worst season as City. 

Now as others have said, we could in the next 24 hours see some key signings which will change that prognosis. But right now I am not optimistic... 

Well, we've got just under 28 hours left to actually make signings. I'm prepared to wait until the deadline has passed before getting too upset.

I actually don't think that the emergence of West Melbourne (or the success of Melbourne Victory) will have a great deal of effect on support for and interest in City. IMO there's room in Melbourne, with its growing population, for four A-league clubs and for all of them to keep growing. The reasons we don't grow or stimulate interest are entirely of our own making, and are caused by the incompetence of our senior management.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, we've got just under 28 hours left to actually make signings. I'm prepared to wait until the deadline has passed before getting too upset.

I actually don't think that the emergence of West Melbourne (or the success of Melbourne Victory) will have a great deal of effect on support for and interest in City. IMO there's room in Melbourne, with its growing population, for four A-league clubs and for all of them to keep growing. The reasons we don't grow or stimulate interest are entirely of our own making, and are caused by the incompetence of our senior management.

makes you wonder what exactly they want to achieve from City? Is it just a write off for Manchester, Yoof!

they clearly dont give a shit!!

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm trying not to get too up or down either JW! A day or two ago, with the prospect of two or three attacking signings, I was tending to the unreasonably optimistic. We'll see what happens. And we'll still be there for Adelaide... 

• jw1739 pinned this topic