Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 hours ago, rass said:

bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha did someone tell you calm down by any chance? ;)

What are you on about man.

I edited my own post because i read it back and thought,  'cant be bothered' hence the stated reason for editing.

Pretty sad that supporters like myself that are passionate about this club are demoralised in this way.

Carry on, nothing to see here even though you wish there was.

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

If we look at the other side of the coin, the problem may be Bruno. He could quit simply stick his two fingers up at Joyce and say, he does not want to be sold or terminate his contract. No one knows what the problem is and Bruno could end up calling Joyce out by saying play me or put me in the stand because I am going nowhere and you will not be getting my salary to buy a replacement.

What I am saying it has to be a two way agreement for Bruno to leave the club. The true reason for Bruno not playing or Joyce not playing Bruno may never come to light as players and staff have confidentiality clause inserted into there contracts.

The full story will eventually come to light. May take a while but eventually someone will spill the beans.

15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

What are you on about man.

I edited my own post because i read it back and thought,  'cant be bothered' hence the stated reason for editing.

Pretty sad that supporters like myself that are passionate about this club are demoralised in this way.

Carry on, nothing to see here even though you wish there was.

Lol we both know what you wrote mate. 

The amount of 'fuk this' and 'fuk that' was quite interesting reading from a person who likes telling others to calm down and thinks it's OK.

You're just a fraud mate who loses his abuse as soon as he gets questioned.

But carry on, it's just your default behaviour. Nothing new to see here.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Actually, I don't think that there's anything new here at all. Whether or not it was actually said, it was clear when City squashed the idea of a Keogh trade that they would not release Bruno to any other A-League club. Even a club outside the top six can win the competition from here, as Adelaide proved in whatever season it was that they were dead last at the half-way mark. As it is now, I suspect that they won't transfer him at all, even overseas, in case he's transferred straight back again to an A-League club.

Also it is reported that Marwood is here this week, and that Petrillo is due to meet with Bruno on Wednesday. IMO this week is the key. At the end of it there will be just 10 days to get someone on board, either to replace O'Halloran or Fornaroli or both.

I'm still hopeful and not prepared to write off the situation yet.

Marwood arrived in time for the Jets game. 

F9B9744D-0D50-4B27-8987-D67B7ACE4EEB.jpeg

2 hours ago, rass said:

Lol we both know what you wrote mate. 

The amount of 'fuk this' and 'fuk that' was quite interesting reading from a person who likes telling others to calm down and thinks it's OK.

You're just a fraud mate who loses his abuse as soon as he gets questioned.

But carry on, it's just your default behaviour. Nothing new to see here.

What!

I am losing my shit at the club not a poster on this forum.

Anyway whatever

21 hours ago, Heart_Attack said:

No, that photo was taken after the 2-1 win against the Jets on Sunday the 6th. 

OK, so I got the week incorrect. Marwood was here last week, and Petrillo was due to meet with Bruno last Wednesday 9th January.

That would account for the latest that we know - Bruno isn't going anywhere.

The focus now then has to be finding a striker for the rest of the season under the cap.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

After all that's happened and hasn't happened recently, and the deafening silence from the club on the Fornaroli Standoff, I'm surprised to see this on the club web-site:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/city-media-january-transfer-window-opens

Weird article. Is it saying we’re gunna sign Nabbout? (Without conforming it)

3 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Weird article. Is it saying we’re gunna sign Nabbout? (Without conforming it)

That article is fucking nuts.

We do complain about the lack of transparency - but then the club serves out that shit. Feeding off media speculation is worse than the deafening silence we are used to. What a joke

• Like 2

The reactions to this article are funny. Don't expect any new information to come from a 'city in the media' article.

I actually like 'media watch' articles like this, and this one is a good poke at just how 'creative' some of these journos have been in the past week or so.

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

After all that's happened and hasn't happened recently, and the deafening silence from the club on the Fornaroli Standoff, I'm surprised to see this on the club web-site:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/city-media-january-transfer-window-opens

Gee, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Proven wrong again by the MCFC's insipitness.

:droy:

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Well that was a whole lot of nothing

I have an idea. Let's all complain about how secretive the club is and how they don't release any information.

...and then when they finally do, let's all complain again about how shit it is.

I get the article is pretty much just a summary of what other journos have written, but at least it is an attempt to communicate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, rass said:

I have an idea. Let's all complain about how secretive the club is and how they don't release any information.

...and then when they finally do, let's all complain again about how shit it is.

I get the article is pretty much just a summary of what other journos have written, but at least it is an attempt to communicate.

It was intriguing, and seemed like an attempt to be a bit more open. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rass said:

What exactly did we learn from that article that we hadn't already heard about?

Copying and pasting quotes from news articles isn't exactly 'releasing new information' to supporters.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

Just now, kingofhearts said:

Copying and pasting quotes from news articles isn't exactly 'releasing new information' to supporters.

No, but it's at least releasing something, which is a whole lot more than what we bitch and whine about on here.

Also, remember that not every person reading that article from the club is a forum member who is generally much more up to-date than most followers.

27 minutes ago, rass said:

I get it. But this has poor taste and unprofessional written all over it. 

Pro: club communicating

Con: poor taste

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

To be fair, most of the City members/supporters don't live and breathe the club like - say - the sort of supporters who would seek out a City supporters forum. The people who I sit with at games and the City supporters that I know at work have typically never heard a word of rumours that have been reported in the media and spoken about on here for weeks. I hadn't heard about any of those players being linked to the club, so it was news (or at least a few interesting hypothetical scenarios) to me.

Basically it bundled together all the rumours that I'd drop in here once in a while to find out, or maybe/maybe not catch in the daily news.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I get it. But this has poor taste and unprofessional written all over it. 

Pro: club communicating

Con: poor taste

I don't get the 'poor taste'.

I'd love it if City put out a media summary a couple of times a week, with links to all the mentions/articles about City in the media, radio segments, TV news etc., like the daily media summary that I get at my work. It acknowledges the news, without confirming or denying it, or even providing any comment on it whatsoever. It gives me confidence that I'm across all the public news at the club. It's just "this is what the media is saying, take it for what it it's worth."

Oh for a decent winger and Centre forward. But we do not need them. We can use players out of position to compensate example  two full backs; DeLaet as striker and Atkinson as a winger. We need both a striker and a winger very quickly. But I believe Joyce knows top 2 out of his reach already and safe in a top 6 position. He may therefore continue with the development of Australian players giving them game time every week and not bring in new faces. 

2 hours ago, SF33 said:

I don't get the 'poor taste'.

I'd love it if City put out a media summary a couple of times a week, with links to all the mentions/articles about City in the media, radio segments, TV news etc., like the daily media summary that I get at my work. It acknowledges the news, without confirming or denying it, or even providing any comment on it whatsoever. It gives me confidence that I'm across all the public news at the club. It's just "this is what the media is saying, take it for what it it's worth."

All well and good when 1. The manager openly communicates with media without letting speculating fester and 2. The club were more transparent with their fans.

Instead we get an overtly secretive club; censored and refusal to give information - then we publish this travesty as a means of highlighting speculation based on our pathetic lack of transparency. This is why it is a joke. No word from the club on Bruno besides the initial bullshit and subsequent "no comment", then we get the club publishing quite implicitly that the club are looking for attackers and the Fornaroli saga is rolling on. What the fans are crying out is some fucking respect for our clubs greatest striker, and he is being treated with such contempt. It is a disgrace. 

Rather I would like us to improve communications and not spew out media speculation as the only means of the club relaying information about the goings on of the club.

And I am not trying to sound spoilt here - I have been advocating for better transparency. But this was a poor attempt at probably just addressing the latest failures from fan satisfaction surveys.

Hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

All well and good when 1. The manager openly communicates with media without letting speculating fester and 2. The club were more transparent with their fans.

Instead we get an overtly secretive club; censored and refusal to give information - then we publish this travesty as a means of highlighting speculation based on our pathetic lack of transparency. This is why it is a joke. No word from the club on Bruno besides the initial bullshit and subsequent "no comment", then we get the club publishing quite implicitly that the club are looking for attackers and the Fornaroli saga is rolling on. What the fans are crying out is some fucking respect for our clubs greatest striker, and he is being treated with such contempt. It is a disgrace. 

Rather I would like us to improve communications and not spew out media speculation as the only means of the club relaying information about the goings on of the club.

And I am not trying to sound spoilt here - I have been advocating for better transparency. But this was a poor attempt at probably just addressing the latest failures from fan satisfaction surveys.

Hope that makes sense. 

That would be great. But it's also pretty unrealistic. You'd just be letting other speculation fester. Take, for example, the last minute Troisi defection back to Victory when we thought he was signed, sealed and delivered prior to last season. Those sort of things would probably happen all the time and that's why the club is circumspect in its public statements.

I'm not crying out for respect for Fornaroli; I just want this situation to be over. It's untenable and to me it seems pretty clear that there's blame and stubbornness on both sides. It's a sad end to his time in Melbourne, but there's no doubt it is the end.To keep him in the stands when there are a number of other quality strikers that we could potentially sign is effectively writing off the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SF33 said:

I'm not crying out for respect for Fornaroli; I just want this situation to be over. It's untenable and to me it seems pretty clear that there's blame and stubbornness on both sides. It's a sad end to his time in Melbourne, but there's no doubt it is the end.To keep him in the stands when there are a number of other quality strikers that we could potentially sign is effectively writing off the season.

My position precisely.

• Like 2

Eli Babalj - mentioned somewhere - is not the answer. He's had quite a lot of injuries, and has barely played since leaving Heart.

As before, we can't sign a replacement for Bruno unless he is terminated, and it's looking more and more likely that that won't happen.

So we're limited to a striker replacement for O'Halloran. In the meantime, I don't see why we're not playing Najjar. He's a Scholarship Player in the Seniors. If he's not good enough then he shouldn't be there in the first place. Playing De Laet just ruins the RB position. IMO we should leave the defence alone - that's not our problem.

Liverpool periodically publish articles called Media Watch which summarise media speculation and rumours about potential signings. They always make clear the source and that it doesn’t reflect the position of the club.

City’s attempt isn’t exactly novel but it is a step in the right direction. It needs a bit of tweaking but I like the idea in general. I don’t think they should mention any current players who might leave, only potential signings.

They should also publish, and I’m using Liverpool’s website as inspiration again, a kind of Q&A every week from WJ. The questions can be statements like ‘on why RDL is used as a forward...’ or ‘the likelihood of January signings...’

It’s a simple and professional way of maintaining some transparency.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic