Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I would have thought that City would have said "You can go, but not to another A-League club" rather than "You can go to any A-League club except Perth." The latter doesn't make sense to me.

Why not just just call a truce until the end of the season, when Bruno can go anywhere he likes?

Barbaric animals that`s why .......

12 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So really what they are say is that they don't want Bruno to go to Perth because:

It will strengthen their team,

Increase their chance of winning,

Bruno is better than Keogh.

Bruno would have score more than 7 goals if he was playing.

Bruno is still the best striker in the league,

And they have compromised our success by not playing Bruno.

What a disgrace.

This club is cooked.

FK em Bruno, dig you heels in and see out your contract.

Who do these dicks think they are treating players and supporters like this

Honestly, I am ready to cancel my membership until these morons are gone.

The whole lot of them a pieces of shit

I cancelled mine after they blurred out Bruno`s image!! Disgusting .......

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, silloth52 said:

waiting for overseas offer to collect some cash

Yep... and this is what has delayed things as they expected more interest from overseas from Bruno than what they got - which is why they changed their tune and are slutting him out to other A-League clubs now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I’m surprised at seeing some of the Perth fans comments that they think they are getting the raw end of the deal? Are they kidding themselves?

No. They'd be dispensing with a formula thats actually working to take a gamble on a player thats barely played in two seasons. Got to remember theyve never won before either so they need to live in the immediate term.
Now i think most people would agree that Bruno's a better player, but football isnt always won on paper and the way a player fits into a side is 100% a relevant factor.
The other thing is that whilst they might gain 5% by adding Bruno, we probably gain 10% by adding Keogh cos we dont have a striker to start with atm. Why would you allow one of your chasing rivals to make that ground up on you.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Why would you allow one of your chasing rivals to make that ground up on you.

So you just be a pack of barbaric animals and treat Bruno as the clubs personal piece of shit and deprive him of his career? Makes sense ....... 

The clubs an absolute disgrace. Hopefully the player's association is assisting Bruno and his family. 

If this was a once off I'd be happy to side with the club, but it's happened one time too many!! 

Edited by AntiScum

1 minute ago, AntiScum said:

So you just be a pack of barbaric animals and treat Bruno as the clubs personal piece of shit and deprive him of his career? Makes sense ....... 

The clubs an absolute disgrace. Hopefully the player's association is assisting Bruno and his family. 

No, that's not what @bt50 said - he was looking at it from a Perth point of view. If I were a Perth fan I would be ropable if we changed a winning formula to introduce a player who's fallen out with his previous club and has barely played in a season and a half.

Bruno is where he wants to be. He has a contract, and as long as he adheres to the conditions then City have to pay him according to that contract. He doesn't need any assistance. He could apologise to Joyce for the "harsh words" today if he wanted to, but he holds all the cards and doesn't need to.

City should have seen this. As I have said before, it should have been sorted much sooner, even immediately after the Brisbane match. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

If this was a once off I'd be happy to side with the club, but it's happened one time too many!! 

Why do you think you know all the details? What if its Bruno that's brought this on himself through a terrible attitude and refusal to do whats asked of him? At the end of the day a contract goes both ways and its not like he's not getting paid anyway.

Now i'm not saying any of the above is true either, it might well be that Warren and or the club are just being cunts. Reality is I dont know, you don't know, Dave Davutovic doesn't know. Only those internally know what is actually going on.

I'm not siding with anyone, i dont know all the facts.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

What if its Bruno that's brought this on himself through a terrible attitude

Very unlikely unless it was a justified reaction. He has never shown that he is anything but a true professional who wears his heart on his sleeve and bust his gut for the club every time he is on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

it might well be that Warren and or the club are just being cunts

Exactly, and this has been shown to be the case multiple times throughout our recent history.

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

i dont know all the facts.

Yes you do. See above

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Why do you think you know all the details? What if its Bruno that's brought this on himself through a terrible attitude and refusal to do whats asked of him? At the end of the day a contract goes both ways and its not like he's not getting paid anyway.

Now i'm not saying any of the above is true either, it might well be that Warren and or the club are just being cunts. Reality is I dont know, you don't know, Dave Davutovic doesn't know. Only those internally know what is actually going on.

I'm not siding with anyone, i dont know all the facts.

I've never claimed to know what has happened, as I said Joyce and the club have form and alot of it. 

28 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Very unlikely unless it was a justified reaction. He has never shown that he is anything but a true professional who wears his heart on his sleeve and bust his gut for the club every time he is on the pitch.

Exactly, and this has been shown to be the case multiple times throughout our recent history.

Yes you do. See above

You really don't understand the concept of a fact.

6 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

I've never claimed to know what has happened, as I said Joyce and the club have form and alot of it. 

Then why judge so forcefully if you dont know what has happened?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You don't see Bruno blurring out the clubs images on social media or any of his bios. His goal celebration after scoring after injury just shows his commitment. 

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Then why judge so forcefully if you dont know what has happened?

Because the club has form!!

Numerous players, numerous departures, deafening silence, the only player who has come out and had the balls to speak up have been Cahill and Kilkenny so good on them. It's all good and well to make players sign what ever they sign when they depart to keep there mouths shut says it all in my books!! 

10 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Because the club has form!!

Numerous players, numerous departures, deafening silence, the only player who has come out and had the balls to speak up have been Cahill and Kilkenny so good on them. It's all good and well to make players sign what ever they sign when they depart to keep there mouths shut says it all in my books!! 

Again we dont know that. Its speculation.

There's zero doubt the club has made errors here somewhere, for the sake that any of this has happened in the first place. But where the blame lies, with who and why aren't anywhere near publically defined and any reason to be so strong on any aspect it is foolish.
You can def be a bit pissed off, we all are i think, but you are targeting your anger almost blindly because you dont know where to aim it. Understandable sure, but you're still off the mark either way.

One thing that's beyond debate is that if it isn't resolved soon all parties lose club player coach and supporters. 

I'm still hoping this is a Tevez situation where he walked and went off and played golf for a few months and then returned and helped city win a title.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Again we dont know that. Its speculation.

There's zero doubt the club has made errors here somewhere, for the sake that any of this has happened in the first place. But where the blame lies, with who and why aren't anywhere near publically defined and any reason to be so strong on any aspect it is foolish.
You can def be a bit pissed off, we all are i think, but you are targeting your anger almost blindly because you dont know where to aim it. Understandable sure, but you're still off the mark either way.

It's not a mistake when it's a repetitive!! Will they come out with the truth? Highly unlikely. Why? Liability? Defamation? If Bruno is what's been portrayed as overweight, Unfit A; you question the clubs medical, rehab and conditionings team, B; if Bruno has any sort of misconduct against him with the reported of not showing up for the Brisbane game, why hasn't the club terminated his contract for a breach of contract obligations? 

Edited by AntiScum

Just now, bt50 said:

And you don't use your inherent ability to discern TRUTH.

If it has a beak, feathers and wings and flies it most certainly is a bird.

If you are waiting for a clear explanation then good luck with that,

4 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

You don't see Bruno blurring out the clubs images on social media or any of his bios. His goal celebration after scoring after injury just shows his commitment. 

Exactly, I can't explain how people can think its ok with what the club is doing what it is doing.

OR MAYBE I CAN EXPLAIN IT .....................................

Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. These feelings, resulting from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time spent together, are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.

BUT WHEN PEOPLE WAKE UP TO THE LIES THEN THIS HAPPENS

The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

14 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

It's not a mistake when it's a repetitive!! Will they come out with the truth? Highly unlikely. Why? Liability? Defamation? If Bruno is what's been portrayed as overweight, Unfit A; you question the clubs medical, rehab and conditionings team, B; if Bruno has any sort of misconduct against him with the reported of not showing up for the Brisbane game, why hasn't the club terminated his contract for a breach of contract obligations? 

That first sentence doesnt make any sense.
As to why they wouldnt come out with the truth, there's a number of reasons why clubs keep things in house, even when the club is in the right. An example might be that a club doesnt want to be seen as throwing its players under the bus when they stuff up, because its bad for a ) PR, b ) can make it harder to recruit players because they might then think they can't trust the club, c) the vaguery helps defend both the club and the player from any direct criticism because it can be easier deflected and d) what you mentioned above in terms of defamation and legal liabilities. Proving someone has a poor attitude is pretty difficult in law etc as its subjective. 

In regards to terminating a players contract without mutual agreement, you need to breach your terms pretty severely. As is the case in any unionised work place in Australia, you can breach team rules and workplace rules without breaking your terms of contract pretty easily.

20 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Exactly, I can't explain how people can think its ok with what the club is doing what it is doing.

Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. These feelings, resulting from a bond formed between captor and captives during intimate time spent together, are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.

The Streisand effect is a phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

Oh dear.

45 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

..His goal celebration after scoring after injury just shows his commitment. 

This is such a crap statement and from someone who has been around the game as long as you say, you really should know better.

To whom did he show his commitment? Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he kissed his shirt in a sign of love to the club when he wheeled away after scoring. He's a fkn striker who loves scoring goals, simple as that. He is super pumped after every goal, especially when he hasn't scored for ages. That was the emotion you saw - not a sign of commitment.

15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

My god you speak some real crud sometimes. Pretty sure @bt50 was trying to highlight that no one knows what has really happened behind closed doors, all we can do is speculate. But you only see what you want to see and fly off the handle without even bothering to consider another point of view, even when it isn't being argued...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

The club is hardly going to admit their prized asset is damaged goods, when they can still command a fee for him from overseas.

Terminating his contract is also a silly move from the club as they know all 9 other A-League clubs would break the bank to sign him and would come back to haunt us. 

It's very similar to what Man City did in it's early years. Signing players or keeping good players they already own on the bench so they couldn't score against them. 

• Like 1

The longer this has gone on, the more I think that its in Bruno's court to resolve; that is if he wants to play for us again.

I recall someone on here said de Laet had a bust up with Joyce at training, was dropped, but apologised to Joyce, and his team mates in front of the whole group, and all was forgiven.

My reading of it is that if Bruno had accepted that he broke team rules (ridiculous as it seems in terms of what was reported), he needed to accept it, acknowledge it, apologise to the group, and do whatever was required at training, and on match day (including sitting on the bench for a few games) to show he was committed to the team and to get back into the match day squad.

Its unfortunate how its played out, and to a degree Bruno probably took a punt on the negativity associated with his exclusion creating enough of a shit storm that he would be allowed back in to the playing group, and that Joyce would be told what to do by those above him.  And for a while, it seemed that this could even eventuate.  But, Joyce has been lucky with results since Bruno's axing, and the club has backed their manager 100%.   I love Bruno and hate what has happened, but the club has probably done the right thing here (other than censoring him from the big screen.  That was just silly).

Also, to be fair, the club have been pretty honest as to why he is not in the squad.  If they hey had lied, and tried to cover it up, it would have been been worse.  And now, given Bruno is not backing down, the club wants to get a striker, rather than fold and forgive.  As I said, if Bruno wants to play for City again, i think its in his court (like Tevez!)

A lot of people are now moving on from Bruno being left out, although there a number of supporters who are still suffering from adjustment disorder, and still haven't accepted the current state of affairs .  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, rass said:

you only see what you want to see and fly off the handle

Who is flying off the handle? You need to take a chill pill man.

This is called human discourse, you know, i say something, you say something, someone else says something, we agree, we disagree, we shout, we consider opinions, we learn and we leave as mates.

Well that's what it used to be like anyway.

Here, watch this, it will make you feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaEW3otMaE

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Who is flying off the handle? You need to take a chill pill man.

This is called human discourse, you know, i say something, you say something, someone else says something, we agree, we disagree, we shout, we consider opinions, we learn and we leave as mates.

Well that's what it used to be like anyway.

Here, watch this, it will make you feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaEW3otMaE

You're in a hole. Stop digging.

9 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

The longer this has gone on, the more I think that its in Bruno's court to resolve; that is if he wants to play for us again.

I recall someone on here said de Laet had a bust up with Joyce at training, was dropped, but apologised to Joyce, and his team mates in front of the whole group, and all was forgiven.

My reading of it is that if Bruno had accepted that he broke team rules (ridiculous as it seems in terms of what was reported), he needed to accept it, acknowledge it, apologise to the group, and do whatever was required at training, and on match day (including sitting on the bench for a few games) to show he was committed to the team and to get back into the match day squad.

Its unfortunate how its played out, and to a degree Bruno probably took a punt on the negativity associated with his exclusion creating enough of a shit storm that he would be allowed back in to the playing group, and that Joyce would be told what to do by those above him.  And for a while, it seemed that this could even eventuate.  But, Joyce has been lucky with results since Bruno's axing, and the club has backed their manager 100%.   I love Bruno and hate what has happened, but the club has probably done the right thing here (other than censoring him from the big screen.  That was just silly).

Also, to be fair, the club have been pretty honest as to why he is not in the squad.  If they hey had lied, and tried to cover it up, it would have been been worse.  And now, given Bruno is not backing down, the club wants to get a striker, rather than fold and forgive.  As I said, if Bruno wants to play for City again, i think its in his court (like Tevez!)

A lot of people are now moving on from Bruno being left out, although there a number of supporters who are still suffering from adjustment disorder, and still haven't accepted the current state of affairs .  

Excellent, rational post. If only everybody etc etc... 

3 minutes ago, rass said:

I seriously no longer know what to say....

Playmaker and rationality were never best mates. This is a man who uses the term "drain the swamp" without irony. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Playmaker and rationality were never best mates. This is a man who uses the term "drain the swamp" without irony. 

We discern truth everyday without know the facts.

As I said before, if it has a beak, feathers, wings and flies it's a bird, apply this process to the Bruno situation and the truth is clear.

You know it's true.

And what's the irony about 'drain the swamp'? Please explain?

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

You're in a hole. Stop digging.

Whatever that means.

The truth will set you free man.

Just now, playmaker said:

We discern truth everyday without know the facts.

As I said before, if it has a beak, feathers, wings and flies it's a bird, apply this process to the Bruno situation and the truth is clear.

You know it's true.

And what's the irony about 'drain the swamp'? Please explain?

Whatever that means.

The truth will set you free man.

QED. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

One thing that's beyond debate is that if it isn't resolved soon all parties lose club player coach and supporters. 

I would say all of that is already happening.

I suggest we call a truce on here until we have something more to work on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst both parties are at fault here, the club have acted a lot worse than Bruno imo.

Whether people want to admit it or not Bruno's a club legend, and the way hes been treated has been disgraceful. Aziz beich would probably be the only other person off the top of my head who would hold the club legend status, so it's understandable to hear the outcry from supporters about Bruno's treatment.

I still don't buy the skin folds excuse when the entire time he has played with us I have never seen from the naked  eye his weight change drastically enough to effect his performance. He has always been a more 'stockey' guy so to say, but he has always been a gun. It annoys me that the club can't be more transparent with what has really gone on, which is leading to irate supporters.

The thing that irks me the most about the whole situation is that it is taking so long now to move him on and we are wasting a visa spot when we quite clearly need a striker to put us in the upper echelon of the league. Whether or not he was to go to another a league club once the situation was clearly untenable for both parties they should've shipped him out Asap.

This has been the first season I have not bought a membership for a number of reasons, but this whole Bruno saga has quashed any second thoughts of jumping on board. I will always support the team but to me it seems that cfg are very disconnected from their fan base

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Whilst both parties are at fault here, the club have acted a lot worse than Bruno imo.

Whether people want to admit it or not Bruno's a club legend, and the way hes been treated has been disgraceful. Aziz beich would probably be the only other person off the top of my head who would hold the club legend status, so it's understandable to hear the outcry from supporters about Bruno's treatment.

I still don't buy the skin folds excuse when the entire time he has played with us I have never seen from the naked  eye his weight change drastically enough to effect his performance. He has always been a more 'stockey' guy so to say, but he has always been a gun. It annoys me that the club can't be more transparent with what has really gone on, which is leading to irate supporters.

The thing that irks me the most about the whole situation is that it is taking so long now to move him on and we are wasting a visa spot when we quite clearly need a striker to put us in the upper echelon of the league. Whether or not he was to go to another a league club once the situation was clearly untenable for both parties they should've shipped him out Asap.

This has been the first season I have not bought a membership for a number of reasons, but this whole Bruno saga has quashed any second thoughts of jumping on board. I will always support the team but to me it seems that cfg are very disconnected from their fan base

I'm hoping someone from the club reads this. Extremely well written!! 

To me and this my opinion we're just an accounting exercise for CFG ...... 

6 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

I suspect (and this purely conjecture) that Bruno and his family like living in Australia and that he is happy to wait out his contract to move to another A-League team.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, malloy said:

I suspect (and this purely conjecture) that Bruno and his family like living in Australia and that he is happy to wait out his contract to move to another A-League team.

If you were Lou Sticca, surely you'd be sounding out Bruno's management about finding a loan abroad for the next 6 months then teeing him up as WMG's striker for their debut season. Win-win for everyone involved.

49 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

If you were Lou Sticca, surely you'd be sounding out Bruno's management about finding a loan abroad for the next 6 months then teeing him up as WMG's striker for their debut season. Win-win for everyone involved.

Might be the reason Bruno took a few happy snaps from down that way about 2 weeks ago. 🤔 I have no idea where WMG training base will be but if your going to play majority of your games out of Geelong for 2 years then you would think that youd live in that Western area, maybe even commute from Geelong to WMG training base could possibly be easier than from Melbourne. 

Except City, they'll get nothing for him and he will be playing for an Aleague team. Mind you the blow to supporters hearts would be significantly less if he goes to a new start up club i would think.

• jw1739 pinned this topic