Melbourne Football

Hamza Sakhi

MHFC-FAN

• 4 months later...

Happy to get him on a permanent deal, as I feel he will only get better and better.

Interesting to see that the club are starting to extend deals though, would make me think we have a permanent manager which hasn't been announced yet?

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I can’t see anywhere on the formal communications now we’ve made him stay longer.

Have we bought him and then gave him just a one year contract?

or we’ve already committed to another loan season?

The original deal was a loan until 30the June 2024, with an option to buy. We have now exercised that option and he has now been permanently transferred to us and has a contract until 30th June 2025.

So yes, we have bought him and given him a contract until 30th June 2025 Had we not exercised the option he would have returned to his parent club at the end of the current season. So he is staying longer than might otherwise have been the case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Complete perfect storm this season. Loss of established players, a slew of injuries, a couple of iffy signings and now this. Did somebody walk under a ladder with a black cat?

WTF is this? He just signed a permanent contract.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. Something like that

So WTF is going on at Casey Fields?

• Like 4

We're not done yet.

But it needs a lot more to turn it around than we've seen so far. Another month like we are and I'd be expecting Vidmar to make some big calls and change the starting line-up. Just grubbing out miserable performances is not building for the future.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

We're not done yet.

But it needs a lot more to turn it around than we've seen so far. Another month like we are and I'd be expecting Vidmar to make some big calls and change the starting line-up. Just grubbing out miserable performances is not building for the future.

And this is his big test. Does he keep the starting line up because he sees progress (and I don't) or does he become ruthless and tell them that they need to ship up on the bench?

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

And this is his big test. Does he keep the starting line up because he sees progress (and I don't) or does he become ruthless and tell them that they need to ship up on the bench?

Line up will be similar, he’s got no options with all the absences. 

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Agreed. I did say another month. If it's still the same old, same old, after that I think he should be making the big decisions. Of course a lot depends on whether he will want to continue or not. He has a bit of a history of volatility and may decide he wants out himself.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah, nah. Caputo starting, Jmac comes on at the 60 minute mark. Galloway to the right, Talbot to the left - my pref Talbot out but not sure who is available from the youth squad. Antonis to start, Lopane to the bench.

Vidmar does have choices - whether he chooses to use them that is his test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

https://x.com/10newsfirstmelb/status/1750052493319434358?s=46

His wife had already left and he wanted to be with her and new baby.

So did we pay a transfer fee? If we did, that’s a big waste of money. 

What's with these visa's coming here, partners getting pregnant then bailing back overseas. Grr soo frustrating! Don't bother coming to Aus if you're trying to start a family ffs!

We don't know what sort of pressures were brought on him. Best to leave it alone I reckon. What's done is done. Hope it works out for him and his family. Move on.

Apparently we already have a replacement coming. Let's focus on that.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

Well, well well. Least said the better, perhaps? I no longer know what to think. Genuine? A big con?

Let's hope Jeggo turns out to be a shrewd signing - that's if it materialises.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Well, well well. Least said the better, perhaps? I no longer know what to think. Genuine? A big con?

Let's hope Jeggo turns out to be a shrewd signing - that's if it materialises.

But if you return home for family reasons that doesn’t mean you have to stay unemployed of course.

Within 3 weeks of signing a permanent contract with us his wife fell pregnant and decided she didn’t want to have a baby in Australia - that’s the alleged story right?

I’m still curious to know how much we spend to make him permanent? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

But if you return home for family reasons that doesn’t mean you have to stay unemployed of course.

Within 3 weeks of signing a permanent contract with us his wife fell pregnant and decided she didn’t want to have a baby in Australia - that’s the alleged story right?

I’m still curious to know how much we spend to make him permanent? 

It does suggest though he lined up the move before he left. Which makes the whole thing stranger and stranger.

Most normal people would discuss signing a new contract with their partner before they did it. So her suddenly up and leaving and that being a problem for him seems to not fit the rest of the story.
The series of events though did lead him to getting out of his contract with Auxerre. Perhaps that contract had onerous clauses?
Anyway he’s gone now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

It does suggest though he lined up the move before he left. Which makes the whole thing stranger and stranger.

Most normal people would discuss signing a new contract with their partner before they did it. So her suddenly up and leaving and that being a problem for him seems to not fit the rest of the story.
The series of events though did lead him to getting out of his contract with Auxerre. Perhaps that contract had onerous clauses?
Anyway he’s gone now.

IMO it does add up. We were stitched up nicely. 

But as you say, gone now. Best forgotten IMO.

• Like 1