Melbourne Football

RD 9 V CCM Thursday 3-12 8pm Away

Dylan

Sorenson

Franjic  Chapman  Melling  Clisby

Paartalu

Mooy   Mauk

Velaphi  Williams  Fornaroli  Novillo

This is the perfect game to get more cohesion built up between Chapman and Melling in the backs. Don't kid yourself that Hughes and Kisnorbo will not be injured again before the end of the season and we need Champman and Melling to rise to the occasion. It's not fair to them to be thrown in the deep end and not have as many "easy" minutes to play together to get some rhythm.

I wouldn't play Kisnorbo out of principle if he is coming back from injury as a starter. He still plays hoof the ball up the park, whereas our young brigade at least try and play football with some great passing. I'd rather see them doing this than to play Kisnorbo as I think he turns the ball back over to the opposition too too many times with his clearances.

I also liked the ball movement channel from Chapman/Melling to Paartalu to Mooy last week, so why change it.

I also would like to see Sorenson roll the ball out more often than he does. He seems to kick the ball out too many times or return the ball too many times when he kicks out, either from back passes or when he picks up the ball.

I also changed my mind about Williams starting. I think Tando's shots at least have some accuracy and he couldn't do any worse.

Wouldn't mind seeing Melling back at centre back either. Superior passer of the ball, clearly the more athletic player as well. Lost count of the number of midfield splitting passes he's made the last two games. Clearly inferior to Kisnorbo playing aerially though but there's will always be some sort of trade off. 

Just now, kingofhearts said:

If we don't start kisnorbo the team should fold

Coming back from injury so would be a little surprised if he did actually start. Derby is a fortnight from Saturday too so JVS is gonna be cautious. 

Our backline scares me (even more so without Hughes or Kisnorbo) but we can't afford more injuries from players returning too early

27 minutes ago, Dylan said:

You idiot (10/10, still laughing)

7 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

For those not watching the foxsports pregame, Walmsley reckons we have a 21 million turnover. Make of that what you will.

No of sausages turned over in the other dimension?

Edited by Shahanga