Melbourne Football

WSW v Melbourne City FC - Wednesday 11th March 2015

n i k o

I think this game will end in a draw.. I can't see us going to WSW and scoring 2 or more goals which is what will be needed to win this game.. WSW will sit back and allow us to have possession only to try and catch us on the counter attack.. Our style of football is to slow when going forward and players like Wilo and Koren don't really look at getting in behind the defence..

Our biggest issue is we have become to "Kennedy Focused" and Spiro will have him covered ..

JVS has pissed off virtually everyone at the club. He has pushed his luck so far that the media have started calling for his head... again.

So of course this is exactly the type of game we will convincingly win and get everyone talking about how we are going to make a late run and shake things up in the finals.

Team I want is

Velaphi

Safuwan Kisnorbo Chapman Clisby

Paartalu

Mooy Koren

Williams Brown Novillo

I don't think 36 yr old Jaliens can play 3 in a week, and he was bad Sunday

Koren needs a go in preferred position

Brown gets a go cause I think out of all the people we tried as the cf (before Jesus) he did as well as any. Match fitness obvious concern

Williams gets start as there is no one else really unless we play mass and Koren on wing again

Season already over now , Im going for a decent tilt at the title about 2017/2018 , not sure im being over optimistic tho ?

If this was a relationship none of us stupid Enough to hang around this long im sure !

Perth and Wellington finished two points above us, in eighth and ninth last year. The nature of the league is that you should be able to turn things around in a hurry. There is no reason whatsoever for us to expect (or accept) two more years of mediocrity before we seriously challenge.

I think I would leave Paartalu out for this game. He has struggled since his injury.

I would go with this:

Velaphi

Safuwan Chapman Kisnorbo Clisby

Retre Mooy Koren Ramsay

Williams Novillo

Subs: Redmayne Hoffman Jaliens Murdocca Dekker

I would go 4-4-2 and have Dekker on the bench

The 4-3-3 isn't working so we need to try something else and hopefully Koren can be more of an influence if we have players ahead of him who he can distribute the ball to.

• Like 1

#Losthope, #JVSgoaway, #gonnalosethisone, #MelbourneCityFC=MelbourneHeartFC

I guess I'll watch but couldn't give a rats TBH. Really gave HOPE a shot last match only to be let down (again) just when we really had to do the business FFS :hkpalm:
 Same old same old.

I think I would leave Paartalu out for this game. He has struggled since his injury.

I would go with this:

Velaphi

Retre Mooy Koren Ramsay

Williams Novillo

The 4-3-3 isn't working so we need to try something else and hopefully Koren can be more of an influence if we have players ahead of him who he can distribute the ball to.

I agree Silva. I have been crapping on about a formation change for ages now and was happy to see at least something different that night against Adelaide.

I think I can see what the plan was from the start with the wingers and Kennedy, but with injuries and other reasons, imo it just hasn't worked.

So with Kennedy out of the team, I think it's an ideal opportunity to try a narrower 4-4-2 or variant of. I would go with this though:

Velaphi

Paartalu

Murdocca       Mooy

Koren

Hoffman  Novillo

Safuwan and Clisby are young and quickish, so they could always push up to create the width if needed. If Paartalu isn't fit, then play Retre instead, maybe pushing Murdocca back to that deeper mid.

Hoffy is the interesting one for me. I think he is clearly frustrated and coming on as a rb sub doesn't help the team or him. So as people have said on here before, why not give him a go where he was once comfortable. He isn't suited as a run at goal type forward, so I would play him as a back-to-goal target man, who can hold up the ball and lay it off to Novillo and the other advancing mids. Maybe grab a goal from a corner or set piece as a bonus. If it doesn't work, you can always bring Brown on. I think Willo should be a sub for Novillo if he can't get through 90.

What will probably happen though is a stock 4-3-3 with Murdocca, Paartalu and Mooy in mid. Koren, Brown and Novillo/Willo forward. 

That approach is boring the shit out of me tbh...

Edited by rass

I would go with this:

Velaphi

Retre Mooy Koren Ramsay

Williams Novillo

What will probably happen though is a stock 4-3-3 with Murdocca, Paartalu and Mooy in mid. Koren, Brown and Novillo/Willo forward.

That approach is boring the shit out of me tbh...

So sick of this 4-3-3, doesn't work with useless wingers. But I think we'll see Williams Koren Ramsay Wednesday night

200.gif

I've got no idea what that pic is in reference to... But I've liked it because its funny as fuck!

Can't stop watching it!! LMFAO!!

That this game for us is going to be like this kid.

The dog looks concerned by the impending train wreck :P   Just like our games :rolleyes:

Of course. Honestly the only surprising thing about our squad's injuries this season is that Mooy hasn't been out yet.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Kew JALIENS, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN
***two to be omitted***

Ins: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (promoted), 14.James BROWN (returns from injury), 22.Jack CLISBY (promoted), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (returns from injury)
Outs: 16.Josh KENNEDY (not selected), 17.Jason HOFFMAN  (not selected)
Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 3-4 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 8-9 weeks), 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 1-2 weeks)

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 27.Kew JALIENS, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (promoted), 14.James BROWN (returns from injury), 22.Jack CLISBY (promoted), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (returns from injury)

Outs: 16.Josh KENNEDY (not selected), 17.Jason HOFFMAN  (not selected)

Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 3-4 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 8-9 weeks), 25.Jacob MELLING (knee – 1-2 weeks)

No love for the Hoff?

I hope Ramsay is the player omitted along with Retre who I'd assume is the obvious choice.

Ramsay should absolutely be omitted, but I'd rather JvS grows some balls and tries something different, i.e. keep Retre on the bench and drop Murdocca or Williams or rest Paartalu!

Edited by Red or Dead