Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

Seriously though, whats with the Novillo stans instantly turning their back on their boy at the first hint of unsubstantiated indiscretions. He wasn't even charged with anything and half of you have already switched.

Fornaroli could murder someone and I'm still with #TeamTuna.

Ride or die.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Seriously though, whats with the Novillo stans instantly turning their back on their boy at the first hint of unsubstantiated indiscretions. He wasn't even charged with anything and half of you have already switched.

Ride or die.

novillo could beat my mother to a pulp and i'd still kneel 

• Like 2

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but  if anything bad such as violence is found I think the club will have him om the next flight back to France. We've always tried so hard to have the whole "family club" reputation, and domestic violence would be instant dismissal I imagine. I love the guy as a footballer, and hope this is all being blown out of proportion, but if he's in the wrong here there is absolutely no defending him.

• Like 2

A Victoria Police spokesman confirmed that officers had responded to a verbal dispute about 3.30am but no charges had been laid against the 24-year-old French footballer, who signed a two-year deal with the A-League club in July last year.

lets not jump to anything just yet.

29 minutes ago, Ruckoo said:

Well he lives in an apartment block and it was just yelling no physical abuse so it wouldn’t take much for someone to call the cops. Nothing to it. We've all had fights with the mrs that has turned in to a screaming match. God knows I have.

He still got taken away in handcuffs so there was obviously something to it

• Like 1

Its virtually impossible to know exactly what went down but I think its more than just a yelling match. This is the third time the cops have been called and "At least one incident near the Belgian Beer Cafe is believed to have been captured by closed-circuit cameras." CC TV is not going to be raised if its just yelling.

But most situations can be salvaged with admission, repentance and making amends.

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Red or Dead.

Fixed! :up: 

Domestic disputes are one of the most difficult situations for the police. Often the only way they can defuse it and ensure the safety of all parties is to remove the male partner. 

Let's not speculate or comment on this until we know the facts except to hope it gets resolved satisfactorily for both of them. 

10 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

I am hopeful that this is just for today and it gets resolved quickly. Its just a matter of finding out what the issue was and how the club can assist him going forward. He will be back training tomorrow

25 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

No matter what i think it's best the club parts ways with him. This isn't a Footballing decision rather something for him to sort his shit out. Where there's smoke, there's fire. You don't get the cops called on you three times if it's just verbal altercation.

At least he didn't use chopsticks.... i guess. 

1 minute ago, haz said:

Is it just me or is the Age the only news company that is reporting the Novillo situation?

Star recruit Harry Novillo hit with training ban as Melbourne City investigate alleged altercation

February 17, 2016 10:15am
Matt WindleyHerald Sun
  Harry Novillo has been one of the leading lights for Melbourne City.

FRENCH winger Harry Novillo has been barred from Melbourne City training while the club completes an investigation in to an alleged altercation with his partner, casting doubt on his immediate future with the A-League club.

Police were called to Novillo’s Southbank apartment in the early hours of Tuesday morning in response to a call from a distressed 23-year-old woman.

Novillo was taken away in handcuffs following the alleged verbal altercation, although no charges have subsequently been laid.

The 24-year-old has been one of Melbourne City’s leading lights this season, scoring nine goals and creating four assists in 15 appearances.

But he is unlikely to play in Sunday’s game against Central Coast at AAMI Park.

“The club has begun a full investigation of the matter, engaging all associated and relevant parties,” Melbourne City said in a statement on Wednesday morning.

"In the interest of due process, the club is not in a position to comment further until the investigation is completed.

“Harry Novillo will not participate in squad training whilst the investigation is in progress.”

Herald-Sun also reporting but the Age got the initial article out first. Obviously the Age had a better source in the Police Force

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

I find this disappointing from the club TBH, more concerned about PR than standing by the player or what's best for the team on the pitch.

Innocent until proven guilty is a fundamental part of our legal system and he shouldn't be punished like this for something that has happened in his personal life when charges haven't even been made let alone an admission or finding of guilt.

Next time someone wants to accuse a player of not having loyalty to the club, I'd urge you to consider this example of how the club has no loyalty to our players.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2