Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

2 hours ago, coys said:

Love it how Harry seems to be one of the only player who speaks his mind and tells things how it is, would love him to be here for the years to come

Screenshot_2016-02-08-23-15-41-1.png

He speaks what he wants because he has high levels of testosterone which typically results in increased confidence, drive and penis length 

Seems to me Harry is still not able to run out a full 95 minutes - either for physical reasons or perhaps he loses interest when things don't go his personal way? Obviously a talented player, but needs to get his head right - he's still young and has the time for the club to work on him to improve. But IMO he has to be a starting player - as a general rule I don't think we should have visa players in the "impact substitute" category (not players of Harry's age anyway).

I  must say I think we can go places with a front three of Fitzgerald,Tuna and Harry - a really good mix of characters, attributes and talents.

• Like 1

SO many

11 minutes ago, haz said:

Shiittt,  hope it's just blown out of proportion

9 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No wonder he had a poor game, relationship problems are common, I hope that they sort it out

"According to a source in the building, police have attended at least two other disturbances involving Novillo"

Doesnt sound good

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No wonder he had a poor game, relationship problems are common, I hope that they sort it out

3:30am also concerned me. My experience with the pro athletes I've known personally is that they do two things consistently in excess of a normal person; eat and sleep. Possibly accounts for his poor performance. Dude better sort his shit out I can't see the CFG standing for this sort of behaviour 

My words a few hours ago "needs to get his head right" were sadly prophetic.There's the potential for the club to terminate his contract on the grounds of "serious misconduct" but I'd like to think that we will try to help him in the spirit of the "life education" program that is to be provided for all players (Collective Bargaining Agreement).

32 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

SO many

"According to a source in the building, police have attended at least two other disturbances involving Novillo"

Doesnt sound good

Needs help when other clubs probably gave up on him. What's pretty ordinary in The Age article is this:

"The incident is the latest controversy to plague Football Federation Australia, after it issued a show cause notice to Melbourne Victory on Monday following unruly crowd behaviour at the Melbourne derby last weekend."

Like somehow somebody's problem in their personal life turns into a controversy for FFA?  Go figure. Write anything to generate bad press for all.
  • Like 1

Journalist Ray Gatt with some comments from the club:

It doesn't sound good at all. But at the same time I agree that playing judge, jury and executioner wouldn't be very helpful either.

Just have to hope that the club can handle this with its investigation, and ensure that Harry is on a good path. Harry has said that he grew up in a troubled area in France, Les Minguettes. Also there's been suggestions that attitude issues prevented him from doing well in the past with his football career

Hopefully he can put any troubles or issues behind him and focus on his football.

Edited by Murfy1

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

3:30am also concerned me. My experience with the pro athletes I've known personally is that they do two things consistently in excess of a normal person; eat and sleep. Possibly accounts for his poor performance. Dude better sort his shit out I can't see the CFG standing for this sort of behaviour 

Have you not seen him retweeting tweets at 2am almost every night?

4 minutes ago, strider said:

I would if I wasn't on a stupid amount of warning points. Pretty sure 1 more warning means a perma ban for strides (and we don't want that... do we?)

vpn lol

A mature decision, this isn't the strider we know and love! But yea play it safe on this one guys and girls it really isn't something that should be joked about 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, strider said:

She probably didn't wanna allow the subway footlong up the back door

5 minutes ago, strider said:

I would if I wasn't on a stupid amount of warning points. Pretty sure 1 more warning means a perma ban for strides (and we don't want that... do we?)

vpn lol

Still not appropriate

6 minutes ago, strider said:

vpn lol

Shit perma ban for strides? Can you imagine a forum without strider? If you post though i'm a master on hacking dw i can hack into the mainframe, unban you.

iVHfwLc.gif?noredirect

(But srs might be a good choice to stay silent on this issue lol)

• Like 1