Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

Last year I was critical of Harry. He obviously had ability but was so selfish.

I think the permanent contract gave him a lot more confidence and as a result he has played as a team player and this has allowed his class to shine. Is going to be remembered as one of the best imports to grace the league.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Last year I was critical of Harry. He obviously had ability but was so selfish.

I think the permanent contract gave him a lot more confidence and as a result he has played as a team player and this has allowed his class to shine. Is going to be remembered as one of the best imports to grace the league.

Question is, how long can we keep him...

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Was going to post exact same thing.

If some how you pickup 5 quality visa players  (and they stay fit) your 75% on the way to a title. 

Problem is its not that easy.

Next season I expect to have five fully fit visa players for at least 80% of the season... but then ill wake up

17 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Was going to post exact same thing.

If some how you pickup 5 quality visa players  (and they stay fit) your 75% on the way to a title. 

Problem is its not that easy.

I think that we've looked in the wrong places until CFG came along. The places to look are those where there is a sound level of football quality, but where there are socio-economic reasons why players will be interested in moving to Melbourne. Stable and relatively safe society, lifestyle, wages paid on time, good conditions of employment (in our case The Germano Centre) and so on and so forth. Plus you look for players whose career has stalled at their current club for some reason or other - say a change in manager, signing of a better player in the same position etc. 
In the future I still hope to see us featuring a Manchester EDS player in our squad from time to time.

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The places to look are those where there is a sound level of football quality, but where there are socio-economic reasons why players will be interested in moving to Melbourne. Stable and relatively safe society, lifestyle, wages paid on time, good conditions of employment (in our case The Germano Centre) and so on and so forth.

To be fair, Maycon was from Brazil...

Edited by GreenSeater

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I read somewhere to the effect that 500 footballers emigrate from Brazil every year - and only one of them is any good. Cross Brazil off the shopping list.

I can definitely understand why so many leave. I remember Maycon being blown away by even the most basic stuff here

32 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I can definitely understand why so many leave. I remember Maycon being blown away by even the most basic stuff here

They actually leave the local league because the Boards of Clubs in Brazil (In particular lower division Mayconesque sides) have a tendency to not pay the players if the teams is getting results on the pitch.