Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Can confirm JVS has been put on notice for this game. Was talking to a someone from the club just before, they held a meeting Saturday morning. If their is no "Definite improvement" (Exact words) in the next game, then JVS and certain staff members (including the person I spoke to) will be let go.

Im a bit worried about the "improvement" part, will a 1-0 loss be enough to keep him? I sure hope not

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Can confirm JVS has been put on notice for this game. Was talking to a someone from the club just before, they held a meeting Saturday morning. If their is no "Definite improvement" (Exact words) in the next game, then JVS and certain staff members (including the person I spoke to) will be let go.

Im a bit worried about the "improvement" part, will a 1-0 loss be enough to keep him? I sure hope not

While that is good to hear, the fact that it has got to this stage before he has been given notice is astounding

20 minutes ago, haz said:

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

While that is good to hear, the fact that it has got to this stage before he has been given notice is astounding

Well Haz did it seem like that person maybe misinterpreted what was said and that Brisbane is the cut off point? Rather than winning one game will save him? It seems like drawing a line after one game issnt how CFG operates.

My guess is that the "metric" is the situation after 7 matches - one-quarter of the season. I'd also guess that from a PR perspective CFG don't want to appear the sort of organization that just sacks staff at the drop of a hat. Frustrating though that is from our perspective.

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well Haz did it seem like that person maybe misinterpreted what was said and that Brisbane is the cut off point? Rather than winning one game will save him? It seems like drawing a line after one game issnt how CFG operates.

Possibly. Maybe CFG are stalling while they confirm a new manager? 

30 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Well if its true that Munn is now in the UK then I cannot see JVS being replaced until after Munn returns. I suspect that it will be his duty to give him the pink slip.

You'd expect Munn to be back by next weekend, otherwise he'd would of been there for over two weeks 

8 minutes ago, Cityscape said:

Anyone just watch that November 16 Fox doco?

Go and fucking get Guus. Pay him the world.

He'd turn the club around and has an Aussie connection. Would change this club forever.

Was speaking of Guus with my old man. Not sure why the man is in Australia atm, i doubt its for the 10 year anniversary of the qualification ENTIRELY. I have a hunch that CFG are in talks. Gut feels you know. 

27 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

Guus is worth more than our club, he wouldn't go from the Socceroos to Russia to Chelsea to Turkey back to Russia (Domestic team) to Netherlands......and then to us!

It'll never happen.

The Russian team he managed was a mediocre club who were taken over by a billionaire. So why not?

8 hours ago, belaguttman said:

It won't happen because he's nearly 70 and has said that he doesn't want a club job again.

Leigh Matthews said the same thing after he left Collingwood. And he does not need a long term contract, just one until the end of the season thus giving CFG a longer lead time to search for a more permanent replacement.

I reckon that if Kreis had scrambled NYC into the play-offs we would have seen Vieira already on our way to us instead of New York. What's thrown CFG off balance is to be faced with two of its clubs not making the grade at the very same time, and, IMO quite reasonably, they've had to deal with their bigger investment first.

50 minutes ago, raw10 said:

Every time I logged on to this forum and I saw this thread has been updated, I am hoping to see the news that JvS has been sacked! Never in my life, I wanted a manager been sacked so much.. Now I realized what passion for this club means! 

Your right! Such a build up! So what are we going to do when we find out he has been sacked? 

Propose a night on the sauce, pub crawling through OUR CITY signing and chanting with our scarves and Melbourne City Merchandise 

On 3 November 2015 9:34:28 am, n i k o said:

I'm quite sure Aloisi never survived 100 pages. Good omen. That means JVS should be sacked within ten pages. It's been 54 weeks since the thread was opened and we have hit 90 pages .

90/54 = 1.6 pages per week.

10 pages / 1.6 = 6.25 weeks.

6.25 weeks = 1 germano (rounded down)

Therefore JVS should be sacked within 1 germano. 

Not totally accurate regarding the amount of pages but I still stand by my formula that JVS will be sacked within a Germano. Before the Derby he will be gone. 

Edited by n i k o