Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Another uneducated gem.

Youre that far off the mark it isnt funny.

But sure, go and take another wild guess and run with it as fact, nothing we dont regularly see from you.

At least I'm noticed.

I can only say I don't remeber one single thing you've posted.  Not one.  Irrelevant and inconsequential.

5 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

At least I'm noticed.

I can only say I don't remeber one single thing you've posted.  Not one.  Irrelevant and inconsequential.

Hahaha

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Saying he lacked confidence is just an excuse imo. He was a good player earlier on for NQF, what killed him was his work rate. The rest of the league got better, and yet willo didn't work any harder to keep up, he thought he could just skate through on the fact he had a bit of pace. His touch for example, for someone who is suppose to be played as an out and out striker it honestly seemed like it got worse and worse the longer he player for us. And the misses fuck I just remember always saying "he was a player with potential" sadly that's all he'll ever be.

This. I have noticed that the standard improves every year and some players are not able to keep up. Overall this is a healthy development but this also means that some players will retire earlier than would be expected - and this is not even mentioning the ageing factor.

On 22 January 2016 at 4:47 PM, kingofhearts said:

Saying he lacked confidence is just an excuse imo. He was a good player earlier on for NQF, what killed him was his work rate. The rest of the league got better, and yet willo didn't work any harder to keep up, he thought he could just skate through on the fact he had a bit of pace. His touch for example, for someone who is suppose to be played as an out and out striker it honestly seemed like it got worse and worse the longer he player for us. And the misses fuck I just remember always saying "he was a player with potential" sadly that's all he'll ever be.

He wasn't never that great with NQF... He just looked better due to being in stuck a dysfunctional side.

On 22 January 2016 at 8:28 PM, Shahanga said:

So we've heard from @kingofhearts now we need to hear from @Victards, his fellow Willo hater. (Don't know what I'm talking about go back and read the whole thread, good for a laugh).

FWIW you guys were closer to being right than I was. 4 out of 5 seasons were just not good enough. 

Nothing more to add tbh, was always going to leave this year, it was just a matter of finding a club that will take him. My opinion still hasn't changed of him since day 1, absolute spud who can run but has zero technical ability or football smarts. Glad to see the back of him and hope he never returns. 

22 hours ago, possiblygeorge said:

Williams was the s**test player to reach 100 a-league games.

^

Watching him over the years here, he always seemed to me to either lack any sort of aerobic engine or he was just lazy (or perhaps both ....hard to tell watching from the stands). Would do a bit of closing down for 10 seconds then break into a walk. When he could sustain some workrate he looked good but, for whatever reason, that was very very infrequent. And ohhhh the misses!!! I wish him all the best for the future for his service to the club but very happy he has gone. Dugandzic and Willo gone in the same season!... I'm deliriously happy!! 

1 minute ago, dr lime said:

Watching him over the years here, he always seemed to me to either lack any sort of aerobic engine or he was just lazy (or perhaps both ....hard to tell watching from the stands). Would do a bit of closing down for 10 seconds then break into a walk. When he could sustain some workrate he looked good but, for whatever reason, that was very very infrequent. And ohhhh the misses!!! I wish him all the best for the future for his service to the club but very happy he has gone. Dugandzic and Willo gone in the same season!... I'm deliriously happy!! 

and wielart and gerhardt and the list goes on 

Know nothing about the club so a quick look in Wikipedia says that the club was formed in 1919 and they finished 14th last season. They have another four foreign players from Belgium, Croatia and Italy. The city itself is the 10th largest, its oldest having been founded by the Romans in 45AD and is only 6km from Austria.

All the best Willo - thanks for some fine memories and being a good club man.

• Like 3