Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

After Wilo's injury last night not sure if people noticed the vision foxsports showed at the stadium last night, which showed Wilo in the dressing rooms giving a cuddle to his misses while the rest of the team was out on the pitch playing a Semi Final.

For me that was absolutely disgraceful to see a player not support the rest of his team mates. You win as a team, and Lose as a team

What did I expect?:

Wilo to get his initial check by the medical staff, have a shower, but your track suit on and get the fuck out there and support your team mate.. But he chose to stay in the dressing room to avoid the embarrassment we all faced yesterday at Etihad.

Fuck off Wilo your clubman ship is non existent and shows you only care about yourself..

Your performances over the years and in particular last night was woeful and indicative of your attitude ..

• Like 2

After Wilo's injury last night not sure if people noticed the vision foxsports showed at the stadium last night, which showed Wilo in the dressing rooms giving a cuddle to his misses while the rest of the team was out on the pitch playing a Semi Final.

For me that was absolutely disgraceful to see a player not support the rest of his team mates. You win as a team, and Lose as a team

What did I expect?:

Wilo to get his initial check by the medical staff, have a shower, but your track suit on and get the fuck out there and support your team mate.. But he chose to stay in the dressing room to avoid the embarrassment we all faced yesterday at Etihad.

Fuck off Wilo your clubman ship is non existent and shows you only care about yourself..

Your performances over the years and in particular last night was woeful and indicative of your attitude ..

Mooy was down there with him as well. just as much as a cunt?

• Like 1

What did I expect?:

Mooy was down there with him as well. just as much as a cunt?

mooy was on crutches and looked angry, willo looked like he couldn't care less that a game was still going on

Pretty scary to remember that David Williams was voted our Player of the Year, Supporters Player of the Year and was our Top Scorer last season..

So what happened to that player this season? Is it him, JVS or both? IIRC he arrived in our second season with JVS at the helm and he did not have a good season either, then under JA he improved and had a good spell in the second half of last season which is why he won those accolades. But this season...

Pretty scary to remember that David Williams was voted our Player of the Year, Supporters Player of the Year and was our Top Scorer last season..

So what happened to that player this season? Is it him, JVS or both? IIRC he arrived in our second season with JVS at the helm and he did not have a good season either, then under JA he improved and had a good spell in the second half of last season which is why he won those accolades. But this season...

i still can't believe people voted for him, amazing what a few pens can do

DOES NOT GET ALONG WITH JVS....heard from the horses mouth...

Last season he scored 4 goals under JA over the first half of the season, and then 8 goals under JVS over the 2nd half of the season, despite playing less minutes under JVS. So there's no clear evidence as far as I can see that Williams can't perform under JVS, even if Williams and JVS dislike each other.

Williams only scored 5 goals over 24 games, in Melbourne Heart's 3rd season (2012/13) under JA as well, which is a poor return. Williams played 1811 minutes that season under a different coach than JVS (namely JA), which is a lot more than the 1504 minutes this season under JVS, and to only score a measly 2 goals more for 5 goals over the season shows that the issue is mainly Williams. Last season what a big exception, and normally Williams is a mediocre goal-scorer.  

Maybe Williams could do a little better under a different coach, but I'm pretty certain that like Nick Kalmar Williams certainly wouldn't do a lot better if he had a new coach.

The facts are pretty clear, if you look at David Williams whole career (here: http://au.soccerway.com/players/david-williams/11689/), that he's never been a consistent goal-scorer, and has never done very well at any 1 club.

I'm still a tiny bit hopeful that Williams can at least become a decent A-League player, and can make an impact off the bench. But I certainly wouldn't bet on Williams improving a lot more as a player, and making a career in Europe and so on. So Williams should be on low wages, and then he could maybe he would be a decent signing for an A-League club.

So overall there's nothing to suggest that Williams is, or ever will be, a talented footballer. And therefore little should be paid to, and expect of, him.

• Like 1

DOES NOT GET ALONG WITH JVS....heard from the horses mouth... Mr Ed?

Wasn't he being linked with Central Coast in January? Not sure how reliable that info was as IIRC the rumour came from SST.

If we do decide to get rid of him, which seems likely, I imagine his pace and ability to sometimes make a decent impact off the bench would make him a  pretty exciting prospect for a club like CCM or Newcastle. 

Edited by OG-12

He's bitched to me over the fence about JA back in the shit era and there's been a few rumblings of him not getting along with JVS either.

Not sure if I blame him though, probably just doesn't like working under incompetent managers. I'd probably retain him on a reduced wage.

It all makes sense now it's everyone's fault but his, you know like when he fucks up from right in front of goal. And the reason some of his shots have ended up in row z is displaced aggression at the manager. Can't believe I didn't see it earlier :droy:

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

I think hoff has a good attitude, he's won the club man award or whatever it is and seems to be passionate about the heart/city. He's probably just not a first team player and I hope we do release him.

Edited by Jake

Willo to CCM  with 5 confirmed sauces:

sritdOc.png

On a serious note, it'll be interesting to see where Dave goes. I wouldn't mind keeping Hoffman if he is happy to stay on a low wage. 

Edited by OG-12
  • Like 2