Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

Williams will go for the best offer. He may yet settle for the 18-month deal Adelaide have offered. He's done zilch for a season and a half, so why look a gift horse in the mouth? He's about to turn 28 and there's no way he will improve from here based on our experience with him. His other option is probably Malaysia or somewhere like that. Good luck with that Willo.

If there's anything I've learnt from Williams time at the club it's the fact you really need to get a quality VISA striker as your number 1 priority. The fact he still has clubs interested in his services shows the real lack of genuine Australian attacking players being developed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mus-28 said:

If there's anything I've learnt from Williams time at the club it's the fact you really need to get a quality VISA striker as your number 1 priority. The fact he still has clubs interested in his services shows the real lack of genuine Australian attacking players being developed.

I wish your post was wrong, but it's not.

Sadly there aren't that many quality Aussie strikers and the few with any promise are pretty quick to try their luck overseas.

12 or so years ago we seemed to have more numbers. Not sure why this is the case. I know my club didn't seem to be generating any out and out strikers and did try to discuss this with the technical director one night but we got sidetracked early on into the discussion.

The bloke is a legend, not good enough to be in our starting eleven though.

I hope he goes over to some average Europe league and does alright, he deserves it.

Make the most of being a professional footballer and go and live in Europe playing sport, how I wish I had skillz.

3 hours ago, sharpy said:

The bloke is a legend, not good enough to be in our starting eleven though.

I hope he goes over to some average Europe league and does alright, he deserves it.

Make the most of being a professional footballer and go and live in Europe playing sport, how I wish I had skillz.

Europe's a third world country lol why would u wanna live there

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Weird that the club have said he is perusing opportunities overseas but have not mentioned a club or even a country. Anyone got any idea where he is heading? 

Last week I heard he was going to Hungary, can't remember the club off top of head though 

26 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Weird that the club have said he is perusing opportunities overseas but have not mentioned a club or even a country. Anyone got any idea where he is heading? 

Ill hedge a bet that they couldn't offload him so Manchester bought him to alleviate our difficulty in getting rid of him. All being kept hush hush to save the headache of yet another Australian player being bought by Manchester. 

Edited by n i k o