Melbourne Football

City vs Western Sydney, Tuesday 12th March 2024, K.O. 7.00 p.m.

jw1739

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This is a very tough turn-around with the Autumn heat-wave, but WSW lost at home to Western United and are thoroughly beatable.

To his credit, I think Vidmar has rotated the squad well over the weekend. 

Bring Good in for Reis, Leckie in for Jakolis (imo Natel has been better) if Leckie is good to go, and start Caputo again. Lastly, give the fucking man, Terry Antonis, a start! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Why are we playing 2 games in such a short period of time??? Are we making up for a game we didn't play???

I think that this is the original fixture here: https://www.theroar.com.au/football/a-league/fixtures/

According to this we were due to play WSW at home on 13th January. But we didn't and instead we lost to them 1-0 in Sydney. Was that the "Festival" in Sydney?

Does anyone else think we carry this "we just focus on ourselves" theme a bit too far? To me it just seems a bit too stubborn. Different teams set up differently and it seems to me that if we just ignore this we're not doing ourselves any favours.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Does anyone else think we carry this "we just focus on ourselves" theme a bit too far? To me it just seems a bit too stubborn. Different teams set up differently and it seems to me that if we just ignore this we're not doing ourselves any favours.

Of course we have this wrong here. This approach only works when your players on the park are well truly able to execute this plan, this crop doesn’t have quality to afford to play like and behave like this.

This is benchmark talk!

This is the complacency I keep pointing out, during the covid seasons our squad was just better than the competition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think this is just what is said in these situations. Would be foolish to comment on tactical adjustments so that the opposition can respond. It's PR speak.

59 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I think this is just what is said in these situations. Would be foolish to comment on tactical adjustments so that the opposition can respond. It's PR speak.

I was going to say you are are right but it is not just talks, we play like it too. 

Its only playmaker who believes we are tactically changing this is up and than only against Victory.

Edited by Mr MO