Melbourne Football

Melbourne city vs Adelaide united

citypool

24 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Could honestly translate this to latin and put it on our club badge.

"Hostes nostri sumus" - "We are our own enemy."

"Nos ipsi vinci" - "We defeat ourselves."

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Schreiber is back fit as included in squad. As has Durakovic and Shillington. Hall looks like he'll play again as Souprayen has a groin issue. Might be good to give some of these kids a run for a change.

• Like 1

That was a disappointing half, despite the lead at half time. Three good chances in the first 15 minutes, squandered, then, after scoring, we lost all momentum with aimless passing, misplaced final passes, and then really riding our luck in defence. Adelaide looked like scoring every time they came forward. Young has been our best player and has kept us from a repeat scoreline of the last game. If only we had one player that was as direct as Irankunda.

JMac is getting next to no service

Natel has too many touches.

Edited by belaguttman

We won.

Sad times when we start defending a 1-0 lead in a home game at 60 minutes. I guess its a reflection of where we are at at the moment.

Positives:

We won

Jamie Young kept us in the game

Negatives:

JMac invisible with next to no service, why wasn’t Caputo brought on?

Natel takes too long to control and shoot

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

We won.

Sad times when we start defending a 1-0 lead in a home game at 60 minutes. I guess its a reflection of where we are at at the moment.

Positives:

We won

Jamie Young kept us in the game

Negatives:

JMac invisible with next to no service, why wasn’t Caputo brought on?

Natel takes too long to control and shoot

I’m always intrigued to know how people see the “no service” comment. Is this an excuse for him, solely criticism to the rest of the team?

I’m taking the win, well done, it’s Adelaide I didn’t count on points for the full season against them.

Edited by Mr MO

I am a little more positive. I am a big critic of Talbot but he managed to neutralise Irankunda most of the time and when he was caught out, Antonis, Mazzeo and others made sure he didn't have much of an impact although Irankunda could have equalised but uncharacteristically he fluffed it. Jordon Hall started again and although not spectacular he was solid in defence and stopped a certain goal; between Reis and Hall is hard to pick as Reis does provide forward drive which Hall does not appear to do but Hall has more speed, probably start Hall and have Reis come off the bench in the second half. Galloway had a much more improved game on the left which is not his natural position. I asked that Antonis start and he definitely delivered. Natel had a much more improved attitude, and he can win the ball in the middle and drive forward but its his last kick into the box that lets him down. Young had a good game as well.

Need more from Ugarcovic, still not convinced by Lopane. Mazzeo was a nuisance like a mosquito in the night but I don't think he was much of a threat.

On another note I was surprised that AU had not selected Popovic (who I rate) but then the commentators said that he might be off to South Korea. AU have a nice production line of youth development.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I’m always intrigued to know how people see the “no service” comment. Is this an excuse for him, solely criticism to the rest of the team?

I’m taking the win, well done, it’s Adelaide I didn’t count on points for the full season against them.

It's always both; all strikers have their strengths and weaknesses, JMac is a great finisher, and great at finding space, give him the right ball and he's likely to score. He's not as effective away from the box, not one for imposing himself on games. He's a team striker, not an individual striker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It's always both; all strikers have their strengths and weaknesses, JMac is a great finisher, and great at finding space, give him the right ball and he's likely to score. He's not as effective away from the box, not one for imposing himself on games. He's a team striker, not an individual striker.

The service we want for him is one with plenty of space on the ball. He actually did get some opportunities yesterday with excellent through balls from Arslan but was outmuscled or couldn’t control the ball.