Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

24 minutes ago, citymad said:

He has to. McGree, wales and atkinson all on Olyroos camp. Any way hope he scores a hat trick just to keep the fan fury going. We need something cause expansion is dead and that was the only thing making CFG sit up and look to player signings. 

Bruno's goooooone to Tigres for a cool 7million. Will go through on January 1 and money to be reinvested rather than kept in house. Possibly one of the biggest war chests in A-League history and a great fee for a 31 year old. Not sure what's available to replace him/if that will go towards a direct replacement or beefing up the attacking third overall.

(on my fifa 19 save)

Edited by Bob Latchford

1 hour ago, neio said:

Everything is OK again, will score hattrick this week 

Im surprised they didnt sensor him in that video

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'd rather think of it as people coming to their senses. 

You know what they say Jw.... Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Well, many forum members were happy when hardnosed Joyce started to dismantle our team based on mental and discipline change. 

Yep I was happy with that as well but he's had a full season and a 5 month preseason to sort it all out and now 7 weeks into new season and still a shambles 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

So they'll play in red and white, they'll have Bruno, and they'll be just up the road from me... 

If West Melbourne want to show any intent in this league, they SHOULD attempt to sign Bruno.

Then when he inevitably scores against us, he runs up to Joyce's face and yells the best ' AND FUCK OFF' he has ever done.

• Like 1

Many laughs to people saying they'll join the new club if they sign Bruno.

Here's a newsflash people, player loyalty to clubs doesn't exist anymore. Well definitely those players who have spent their careers at multiple clubs anyway. These players are loyal to $$$$ and their next guaranteed salary. Pretty sure Bruno or any other player won't be thinking of you when they get up and leave for their next pay packet.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rass said:

player loyalty to clubs doesn't exist anymore

Loyalty is a two way street. Of course $$$$ plays a role, I mean a player has to put bread on the table. In Bruno's case, and we can only speculate, his contract expires at the end of this season, we have a nobody muppet manager whose claim to fame is as a youth coach demanding fitness and commitment, and we have SFC waving the possibility of a contract under Bruno's nose. If the SFC stuff is real, then surely it should have been dealt with pre-season. If it wasn't, then what did Munn expect to happen? Bruno sitting silently as the clock ticked over till his contract expired?

If it is about fitness and commitment then it sounds like bullshit to me. On commitment Bruno has been a model of commitment on the pitch.

Maybe it's that Joyce is showing himself to be clueless when it comes to managing senior players. Flogging juniors who want to make a career in football is easy but dealing with mature footballers requires two way respect. Maybe that's one of the issues.

All in all a farcical situation.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 2

I need to hear Bruno's side of this. This is getting stupid now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, haz said:

I need to hear Bruno's side of this. This is getting stupid now

I seriously hope we don't. 

If we do then it will be his leaving comments. 

I'm hoping this standoff ends and both blokes sort their shit out and get on with their jobs.

If Bruno walks in January no one wins.

• Like 1

The longer this goes on the more likely we will never see our el tuna again. WJ has made it clear when he makes up his mind there is no changing just ask 90% of the 20 odd players that have left under his command. And from what I'm told there's a few more to come. 

36 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

The longer this goes on the more likely we will never see our el tuna again. WJ has made it clear when he makes up his mind there is no changing just ask 90% of the 20 odd players that have left under his command. And from what I'm told there's a few more to come. 

I`d say 4/5 to go in Jan. Wouldnt be surprised if its more. Few players have been offered contracts at Western Melbourne so be interesting to see what happens come end of the year!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

A player can be registered with only one club at a time. Bruno can't be registered for and play for another club until he has been released by City.

Good story though.

I wouldn't be surprised if CFG has leaked out this fake news themselves to take the heat off the club and Joyce.

Wouldn't put it past them tbh.

• jw1739 locked this topic