Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

I loved seeing how frustrated he was, shows genuine passion for scoring. 

However he took it a bit far and i didn't like how he cracked it and walked over to the bench in stoppage time just as we were playing out the right side. We turned the ball over as a result - he just walked straight past it.

[Video at link of Bruno interview]

Bruno Fornaroli recounts his first meeting with future teammate Luis Suarez as a teenager

22 February 2016

A-LEAGUE top goalscorer Bruno Fornaroli has revealed the “weird” first meeting he had with Barcelona star Luis Suarez before they spent “five or six years” as teammates at Nacional.

The Melbourne City striker told Fox Sports’ Shootout that he first met Suarez when he was a 13-year-old, on a bus trip on the way to Montevideo to play for Club Nacional in Uruguay.

“Once I turned thirteen I had to head to Montevideo to live,” said Fornaroli.

“The first time I took the bus to go to Montevideo I got on and sat down by myself and some kid [Luis Suarez] sat down right in front of me.

“He asked me if I was going to Montevideo to play football and that seemed a bit weird to me because at that age I did not look like a footballer at all.

“And I told him yes and he said he knew me because we were going to be teammates.

“From there we became friends and played a good five of six years together.”

Fornaroli and Suarez played together in the youth ranks at Nacional, while El Tuna also represented Uruguay at under-17 level in 2003.

Suarez left Nacional in 2006 for Groningen in the Netherlands, while Fornaroli had a breakout season during his first senior campaign with Nacional in 2008.

His 17 goals in 37 appearances attracted interest from Europe. He had spells at Serie A side Sampdoria and Greek Super League club Panathinaikox before returning to Danubio FC in Uruguay.

In the middle of 2015, Fornaroli signed for Melbourne City, and he has taken this season’s competition by storm.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/bruno-fornaroli-recounts-his-first-meeting-with-future-teammate-luis-suarez-as-a-teenager/news-story/426bc822c80bdd29b884c59e90cd8dbf

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Has not had the best two games lately, has not scored against the bottom two teams and looked very ordinary. What's wrong with our hero of late?

His mind has not seemed to be on the job. Possibly distracted by stuff going on behind the scenes

8 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Has not had the best two games lately, has not scored against the bottom two teams and looked very ordinary. What's wrong with our hero of late?

Ever since the talk of being our marquee in the media started he has been his goal savvy self. He'll be right tipping a hat trick next week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

All in his head. I'd say he's too tense, and not helped by all the hype about him being so good, because that's created too much self-expectation. He's been put through several times for a one-on-one but is just putting the ball straight at the goalkeeper - this is nerves/panic. GK coach should be working on him to relax, try going round the keeper, try chipping him, etc.

Edited by jw1739

Melbourne City’s Bruno Fornaroli says contract talks will take a back seat to title push

March 3, 2016

David Davutovic

GOLDEN boot leader Bruno Fornaroli admitted his “risk” in coming to Australia has paid off, but he doesn’t want contract talks to distract Melbourne City’s title challenge.

City is expected to upgrade Fornaroli to marquee wages after a brilliant debut season where he’s just two goals shy of equalling the A-League regular season record of 19 goals set by Shane Smeltz and Besart Berisha.

The former Sampdoria and Panathinaikos striker revealed that he took a pay cut to sign for City and there was interest in the January transfer window.

“It was difficult for me to come here. I didn’t know the league, the money wasn’t great, I had better offers in other countries. But I like an adventure, I thought maybe it can open some doors, I’ll take a risk,’’ Fornaroli said.

“I played in the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) last year with Danubio and at this moment one scout from the City Football Group called me, he’s Argentinian and told me he has this proposal to come here or New York City.

“Later he said New York was off the table, it’s only Melbourne City, so I spoke to some players, (Jonatan) Germano and Marcelo Carrusca. Football is a small world. You just need to contact one person.

“My manager call me for some interest outside the country, but I’m happy here.’’

The Uruguayan has another year to run on his contract, but City’s football hierarchy want to replicate Aaron Mooy’s promotion at the start of the season from salary cap to marquee player.

Fornaroli, 28, has smashed City’s goals record in a season set by David Williams (12 goals in 2012) after just 16 rounds despite not scoring in the past two weeks, and he is keen to atone in Saturday’s crucial home clash with Sydney FC.

Fornaroli, who is three goals ahead of Besart Berisha, said he was focused on winning the A-League title.

“I don’t know (about contract negotiations), this question is for the club, not for me. I know the club is happy with me, nothing more,’’ he said.

“Look, I can’t put this in my mind now. I don’t want anything interfering with my work now.

“I play for my family, I work for this and I know my moment’s coming, I wait for the club also.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/melbourne-citys-bruno-fornaroli-says-contract-talks-will-take-a-back-seat-to-title-push/news-story/1d665fd141b371374d8da8151c13239e

• jw1739 locked this topic