Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

On 08/01/2021 at 5:20 PM, neio said:

It looks like he will be announced when he has finished his quarantine, which is anytime from today to about 9 days time 

I don’t want to throw a spanner in the works here but......but we are announcing W-League players before going into quarantine? Can’t do the same with the males?

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I don’t want to throw a spanner in the works here but......but we are announcing W-League players before going into quarantine? Can’t do the same with the males?

Nice point.

Experience tells me not to believe anything connected with Melbourne City until I see an official club statement on the matter. Therefore I'll believe the "Portuguese defender" as and if he is announced by the club.

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Probably damage control after the trouncing at the derby. We were getting absolutely destroyed in the midfield. The club announcing this signing pre-quarantine was most likely done to let fans know they see the problem in our w-league squad and they're already on top of it.

Men's CB was different, when the rumours surfaced we'd already beaten Brisbane away and Rostyn had a solid performance - there was less of an immediate need to announce it.

That being said, this is all me connecting dots that aren't necessarily there, just my read on the situation.

7 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Please no one take this as a men vs women debate as it's not my intention. 

But the W-league side need to keep the news cycle going as it's not as well supported by the average football fan. The mens team can afford to wait a little to make sure everything is set and ready to go as we have "more stories (for lack of a better term)" to get us through the week. 

33 minutes ago, neio said:

But the W-league side need to keep the news cycle going as it's not as well supported by the average football fan. The mens team can afford to wait a little to make sure everything is set and ready to go as we have "more stories (for lack of a better term)" to get us through the week. 

Or Petrillo doesn’t care enough about the W-League and wants his face on the signing pictures!

Edited by Mr MO

35 minutes ago, neio said:

You don't need to be so politically correct on a football forum. Tell it like it is.

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

Petrillo at the fan forum said he’s 28-29 and about to hop on a plane pending visa . He’s on a 3 year deal 

3 year deal is a little unusual I thought, we stock standard do 2 years for our visa players. Long term partner for Good.

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, neio said:

Assuming Nabbout isn't going with socceroos, I'd prefer just to play him as striker and play Tilio or Cola 

I get the feeling he'll be going.

Tbf, he did start against France at the 2018 World Cup proving he's got that all-important Socceroos camp experience and is obvs in good form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HughJass said:

Makes sense 

3 hours ago, Nate said:

I get the feeling he'll be going.

Tbf, he did start against France at the 2018 World Cup proving he's got that all-important Socceroos camp experience and is obvs in good form.

51 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Surely we can do better than that right?? It’s time we show our strength, Marquee replacement, unlimited funding - get a good replacement and not a 45 year old.

super happy with MacDonald should we lose JMac and Nabbout to national duty as expected. the guy has been very solid at Brisbane, and we will need a central attacker.

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

MacDonald might actually be capable of banging a few in with some decent service. He's about the same size as Jmac and would fit into our style of play perfectly.

Mmmm I see him as a complete different type of a attacker. MacDonald is a baller, will drop deep to collect the ball, there won’t be any quick long balls over the top as we attempt with Jamie. Can certainly work with such a type of player. He can play as AM too.Sure he might score a goal. I would still like to see us aim higher but perhaps I’m spoiled.

He’s seems trouble at every club since he’s returned to Australia. He vanished out of the Brisbane squad in recent weeks? 

Then again any replacement would be a bonus!

Edited by Mr MO

• jw1739 pinned this topic