Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

pretty sure the reason he left was because he and his family moved here to retire. after the first year as an assistant he left so he could actually be retired. IIRC when he left he said something about having match commitments every week was too much

dont know if this is still current

http://www.footballstaracademy.com.au/Coach_profiles.asp?id=12802

From the World Game...

http://theworldgame....aching-decision

ALSO, intersetingly, the first public comment for this next article...

http://theworldgame....-over-move-talk

was from someone claiming on good authority that Ang was coming to Heart, however, the comment dissappeared shortly after it appeared...

Edited by Torn Asunder

Sign GVE, would be at least half the price of Ange.

Championship winning coach, average wage demands, ideological match but more importantly would be influential in successfully signing.

439x.jpg

Edited by Hendo

I dont mean to kill discussion but is anybody else quite resigned to the fact that it was only EVER really gonna be JA or AM? I've basically accepted that Ante will be the coach as the club has given very little oxygen to any other ideas. Quite disapointed really if the Football Department/Board NEVER considered an overseas candidate as I think that's quite narrow minded.

Not saying Ante can't be good but just a little disapointed that it was IMHO a two Horse race all along.

Inb4nobodyhasbeensignedyet. Im aware of this.

I dont mean to kill discussion but is anybody else quite resigned to the fact that it was only EVER really gonna be JA or AM? I've basically accepted that Ante will be the coach as the club has given very little oxygen to any other ideas. Quite disapointed really if the Football Department/Board NEVER considered an overseas candidate as I think that's quite narrow minded.

Not saying Ante can't be good but just a little disapointed that it was IMHO a two Horse race all along.

Inb4nobodyhasbeensignedyet. Im aware of this.

Rofl we might not even get AM if West Syd supporters get their way

The fact John Aloisi is/has even been CONSIDERED as our 1st team coach is so fucking beyond retarded I can't articulate it. We are honestly better off folding and saving the board millions in capital they might spend on trying to overcome the PR crisis that will spawn from hiring an inexperienced coach who will inevitably flop and will have to be sacked for the club to try move forward. It's an prophetically indentical turn of events to what has happened at Melbourne Victory. The difference is, that Melbourne Heart do not have the support to overcome it. Financial or fan wise.

I'm not a fan of Ante Milicic either. Both should remain in their current roles and we should take our time and sound out someone that fits the bill perfectly, foreign or local. Back on Aloisi, HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE APPROPRIATE COACHING BADGES TO COACH A PRO FOOTBALL TEAM, FFS.

• Like 1

Now the real challenge begins for Millicic. Scouting new visa players as well trying to snap up some local talent.

IMO we should've gone for a bigger name, someone with more experience, but Millicic has a good solid knowledge of club and players, which I also think is extremely important.

AM is good friends with Rado Vidosic, so hopefully it could help lure Dario to the club

Or Rado will lure Dario to Brisbane when he is appointed manager (sometime in the very near future)?

Edited by Tesla

I knew this was coming. I've heard him speak about a number if topics (even Vitards issues on park) and he's definitely a leader of sorts. I rate him. If he can recruit a CB and two game changers to support Fred, he' has the potential to be MH holy grail. Remember JVS was not a good leader although tactical astute!

Thoughts on Lawrie McKinna comming in as a 'mentor'/assistant for AM and JA?

I think his input and experiance would be invaluable, and he could possibly even take over the youth team too...

Do you want our youth team to play hoofball?

Bloke belongs in the mines of China, or Gosford.

Edited by Hendo
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, but if it was Richard Money, heed be welcomed with open arms... Yeah?

Successful in Sweden and an ex Newcastle United UK youth academy director but no, doesn't fit in line with our clubs ethos nor does that wanker McKinna.

Edited by Hendo