Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

• 1 year later...

If we had won the NYL, you could disregard his lack of experience and at least say he has shown something, but the NYL team finished 5th and it is a fairly good team if you ask me.

He doesnt have any senior experience.

he hasnt achieved anything in charge of a youth team.

He has no time as an assistant under a senior manager.

he probably offered to do the job for next to nothing whereas Milicic probably wanted a half decent salary because of the West Sydney interest. FFS.

if the club are prepared to give him the job on that basis (that they see something in him), then why wouldn't that reassure you?

Yeah. Like Maycon.

While I am waiting for all my photos to transfer I thought it would be interesting to dig up this thread and read it from page 1.

Some of the posts are hilarious... and some are scarily accurate

WTF is this "mentor" shyte? How does that work, exactly?

Seems just more of the current 20-something generation's thing of it being someone else's fault when things wrong. Absolute bollocks.

The senior coach is either ready to be the senior coach and live and die by his decisions, or he's not. If he's not then he should not be the senior coach and in other sane parts of the world this role is known as "The Assistant Coach".

Mentors my backside!

As far as continuing JVS's legacy. What legacy would that be: kick it back to the keeper 273 times per game beacsue we have an ineffectual midfield? Christ one of the things I was looking forward to was the end of the JVS second year "style".

If that shit continues with the way the standard is going up in the A-league (Newcastle were playing good football towards the end, Roar will continue on, Postecoglou WILL get the filth playing better, Perth are not the thugs they're made out to be anymore, and we know the Mariners will be thereabouts) we could end up irrelevant. I bet the FFA will also put together a very competitive WS team as well.

If JA is the man, then this about penny pinching and perceived marketability. In other words, we're fucked

1 year and a half ago you predicted it......Kinda funny, sad and depressing at the same time. 

• Like 1

Best possible result for the short term I think.

Now the club needs to ensure they don't rush this one. Take our time and look for the best possible option, this season is practically over, so the priority should be for JVS to blood young players/players that the current/future hierarchy feels will be worth keeping and holding an extensive search for the next boss.

Best possible result for the short term I think. Now the club needs to ensure they don't rush this one. Take our time and look for the best possible option, this season is practically over, so the priority should be for JVS to blood young players/players that the current/future hierarchy feels will be worth keeping and holding an extensive search for the next boss. I agree totally its just a shame that the club is low on money that is my only real concern. However since I heard that it was possibly the new owner who sacked aloisi because he had some logic, I am sure he will pick no noob. Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

If we did go down the road of signing an experienced manager from overseas I wonder if there would be a possibility of pairing them with Papas in an assistant/developing role.

In my mind it would be similiar to the planned JVS/Milicic partnership, with a different outcome when the JVS figure departs in that we actually follow through on our plan, regardless of marketability.

While it may be a slight step backward for Papas to go from a manager to an assistant if its the right manager to work underneath he may just go for it and it would be a good outcome for all parties I think. 

• Like 1