Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

From http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/aleague-title-new-heart-boss-aloisis-aim-20120508-1y9wb.html

...Even Aloisi admitted his rise had surprised him.

"When I retired here just over a year ago, I didn't really expect to be the head coach within a year," he told reporters at Tuesday's announcement.

He will aim high.

"The squad we've got, we're going to be very ambitious. Our goal will be to win the league," Aloisi said.

"I'm going to be under pressure no matter what, so I might as well be under pressure knowing that I'm going to try to win it.

"If you don't have a goal that you're going to try to win the league, then what's the use of being in the competition."

That's more like it!

Can't wait for some signings and the pre-season.

not happy jan

Aloisi was doing a good job with the youth, should have let him stay there and given Ante the head coach role

what happens now if Ante leaves? we have a head coach who is 1 year into coaching, no assistant and no youth coach...

not gonna fully judge him though til around the new year and interesting to see who he brings in, i'd imagine we'd be bringing in a few more youth players from the state leagues?

I can really see a MH vs. WS rivalry happening if Ante gets the job up north. It's would really have the makings for something similar to the mongs and SFC, it's got Aloisi vs. Milicic, Melbourne vs. Sydney, 2nd team vs. 2nd team. Hopefully some words are said in the media or a fight happen or something.

Waking up from fantasy land now.

From http://news.smh.com....0508-1y9wb.html

"When I retired here just over a year ago, I didn't really expect to be the head coach within a year," he told reporters at Tuesday's announcement.

He will aim high.

"The squad we've got, we're going to be very ambitious. Our goal will be to win the league," Aloisi said.

"I'm going to be under pressure no matter what, so I might as well be under pressure knowing that I'm going to try to win it.

"If you don't have a goal that you're going to try to win the league, then what's the use of being in the competition."

That's more like it!

The most refreshing words I've heard from anyone at the club since forever, I'm liking this guy all ready.

Within his right to spew forth the 'young club and building foundations' crap to lower expectations but this bloke want's to win, so giddy the fck up!

Can he really do worse than what we produced since January? We never looked like winning and were as boring as bat shit to watch.

Odds of this coming off are well in John's favor.

From http://news.smh.com....0508-1y9wb.html

He will aim high.

I wasn't really happy with this decision until i read this. This is exactly what we need, a bit of ambition. Good luck to him.

I feel sorry for Ante though, i really think he was more deserving. But i trust Sidwell and co.

This is a guy who put togeather a team at short notice and finished 5th in an even league.

TBH he would have done better if he did not have play senior listed duds like Maycon, Williams and Kamal in the later part of the year every single week.

• Like 1

I'm happy with the decision.

Aloisi was just as involved as Ante was as he alluded to in the press conference. More importantly he arguably had more of a responsibility with the youth team. Honestly I haven't seen any youth games apart from a couple of highlights on the net, but from what I have heard and read, he has done relatively well implementing the style of play etc... In regards to Ante, he is still contracted for next season and as Johnny stated he is an integral part of the club. If Ante believes in what he is doing here, he will stay with us and will want to create something special with JA.

I'm also looking forward to seeing some fucking passion for once on the sidelines, compared to the inanimate, souless object that was JV$. Expect some fireworks from Johnny on the sidelines this year. The tactical foundations have been laid, and I believe JA will be a fucking brilliant man manager, hopefully his rise will be F. De Boer-esque, have faith lads.

Don't forget:

1) 3 goals against the scum.

2) First ever golazo in the derby.

3) Foundation player.

Get behind him.

Edited by Hendo
  • Like 5

I'm happy with the decision.

Aloisi was just as involved as Ante was as he alluded to in the press conference. More importantly he arguably had more of a responsibility with the youth team. Honestly I haven't seen any youth games apart from a couple of highlights on the net, but from what I have heard and read, he has done relatively well implementing the style of play etc... In regards to Ante, he is still contracted for next season and as Johnny stated he is an integral part of the club. If Ante believes in what he is doing here, he will stay with us and will want to create something special with JA.

I'm also looking forward to seeing some fucking passion for once on the sidelines, compared to the inanimate, souless object that was JV$. Expect some fireworks from Johnny on the sidelines this year. The tactical foundations have been laid, and I believe JA will be a fucking brilliant man manager, hopefully his rise will be F. De Boer-esque, have faith lads.

Don't forget:

1) 3 goals against the scum.

2) First ever golazo in the derby.

3) Foundation player.

Get behind him.

This ffs.

a player/youth manager who has been with the club day one.

It actually makes me laugh seeing some of the people writing him off already, how the fuck can you judge if he is going to be a king or a failure at his job.

Espicially at this stage, like what hendo said.. GET BEHIND HIM FARKIN.

The last thing he needs in the first day of his job is supporters telling him he's not good enough.

• Like 2

This ffs.

a player/youth manager who has been with the club day one.

It actually makes me laugh seeing some of the people writing him off already, how the fuck can you judge if he is going to be a king or a failure at his job.

Espicially at this stage, like what hendo said.. GET BEHIND HIM FARKIN.

The last thing he needs in the first day of his job is supporters telling him he's not good enough.

Look I like Aloisi, but for people to be saying that it is the right choice is ridiculous. They guys only managerial experience is ~18 games in charge of a youth team. For people like Sidwell who have good business acumen to appoint some one with that little experience to such a senior position is a smack in the face of logic. Sidwell wouldn't hire a recent accounting graduate from an average university with 1 years experience at a small accounting firm in a country town to be the CFO of one of his companies...

I do sincerely hope that aloisi turns out to be good, but even he admits that he is surprised that he has got the job

• Like 2

Look I like Aloisi, but for people to be saying that it is the right choice is ridiculous. They guys only managerial experience is ~18 games in charge of a youth team. For people like Sidwell who have good business acumen to appoint some one with that little experience to such a senior position is a smack in the face of logic. Sidwell wouldn't hire a recent accounting graduate from an average university with 1 years experience at a small accounting firm in a country town to be the CFO of one of his companies...

I do sincerely hope that aloisi turns out to be good, but even he admits that he is surprised that he has got the job

But your analogy isn't quite appropriate. JA has been in Sidwell's organization for two years, and has many years of top-level playing experience to back that up. IMO JA has been appointed for a number of reasons, not least of which being a perception that he's going to be able to attract the sort of player we want to the club, the sort of sponsor we want, and the sort of media attention we want.

Edited by jw1739

But your analogy isn't quite appropriate. JA has been in Sidwell's organization for two years, and has many years of top-level playing experience to back that up. IMO JA has been appointed for a number of reasons, not least of which being a perception that he's going to be able to attract the sort of player we want to the club, the sort of sponsor we want, and the sort of media attention we want.

Uni can be seen as the "playing" part and just throw in that he the uni grad has a rich dad and is part of a yacht club so there is the networking part, and as for the been in the organisation just say he did a summer internship... happy now?

what I am saying is at the end of the day we are taking a very very large unnecessary gamble, something that the benefits at this stage don't really seem to add up. I'm not sure if it is true, but it has been mentioned before that JA doesn't even have the correct coaching licences to coach in A-league yet :/

Sidwell wouldn't hire a recent accounting graduate from an average university with 1 years experience at a small accounting firm in a country town to be the CFO of one of his companies...

Strong trying to get yourself a CFO job rofl

If they are really appointing for 'marketability', I hope the club put their money where their fucking mouth is, and actually make a bit of noise in their membership drive.

Toy need to spend money to make money. Your not going to win the league or bring in new fans by hiding in the shadows of Victory or with signings like Daniel or VPL prospects.

Agreed with malloy, a massive risk either way we went and I am not sure if it failed the club could survive the PR crisis.

So what do you two think about RDM? Similar situation imo.

• Like 1

Different situation as when he was appointed manager it was as a care taker role in a position of 'nothing' to lose.

If JA was JVS assistant and JVS was fired would have no qualms with JA taking over in a care taker role.

Would u have been happy if RDM wad appointed manager at start of season? I think not....

Probably wouldn't hurt to get someone with a bit of nous and experience in to help out as an assistant/youth coach. Phil Stubbins ticks all the boxes, and has experience in the A-League, Asia and a good knowledge of the state leagues. Seems a no brainer now that he's unemployed.

As the appointment was made from within, I believe the right decision was to give the job to Ante Milicic, the Assistant Manager, and not to John Aloisi. (Unless of course Ante Milicic had told Heart he is interested in getting the senior gig elsewhere first such as West Sydney.) You didn't see Brisbane Roar appointing their youth team coach as their new Manager ahead of Rado Vidosic. If that had happened I would fully understand if Rado Vidosic left.

Aloisi was on triple m this morning also. he mentioned that the club was looking into a mentor type system for him also.

The crew at triple M also tossed out an idea to get Mike Malthouse on board as a list manager of some sort, or at least bring him in to guide them on how to manage the players and such.

Just looked for a link to the pod cast... but it wont be up untill tomorrow...