Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

Would happily take Ange, but don't think it will happen.

I think we might want to look at someone like Zola but if we go for an Aussie coach wouldn't mind to see Branko Culina as coach, but not Eddie Krncevic, everything the bloke has touched recently hasn't turned out at all, so IMO he is a definite no-go zone.

We might also go for Arthur Pappas, Aloisi or Milicic as well

Edited by toogood18

Reposting from previous forum...

Pandev

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted Today, 04:33 AM

hold on. yes we was great for our club and will be missed, but he will leave a good legacy by developing, promoting youth, tactically outsmarting the opposion. Rest assured, the club is in a strong position. i think the club should refrain from paying a fortune and recruiting from abroad, and focus on existing managers within Australia or perhaps Asia. this may help the assistant coach's to stay on and continue to influence the squad/tactics and keep the culture etc. I hear great things about Ante and Aloisi, but they are probably still not ready to take the reins as yet.

What are are realistic options (consider that it's highly unlikely they will appoint another 700-800K pa manager)??

Ange Postoglou (tactically astute)

Miroslav Blieberg (tactically astute - little success at two clubs though)

Arnold (not suited to JVS structure and legacy).

Arthur Pappas (probably too green as yet)

John Aloisi (as above)

Ante Militic (perhaps ready for the next step)

Culina

manager's not worthy of any consideration are;

Durakovic

Merrick

Would like to see on this forum a realistic list of manager's for consideration. If the club spends wisely, it could afford to splash out a little on another quality midfielder and CB at season end.

JvS' departure does give us a few opportunities. For all his qualities, JvS was, and is, primarily a youth team coach. That's where the bulk of his experience is, and IMO where he is more comfortable. His difficulties with Dean Heffernan and Simon Colosimo serve as illustrations of his discomfort with senior players. I don't know who was resposible for the captaincy decision, but IMO the dumping of Colosimo for Fred was badly handled. And probably not necessary anyway.

I would like to see Heart continue with the policy of finding and developing young Australian players. But I think our next senior coach needs to be more pragmatic when it comes to results in the A-League. There are times when it is necessary to be ugly to gain points, and IMO JvS was not sufficiently mindful of that. To be outplayed at home by hack teams such as Adelaide, Perth and (last season) Newcastle shows naivity.

Also, JvS' departure gives us the opportunity to closely examine the players in the current squad who come out of contract at the end of this season, and to release those who have not delivered consistently (for whatever reason). We knew before this season started that we had an unbalanced squad, so we need to rectify that.

Also think we should look harder into the Asian market for players - we could add significantly to Heart's fan base by a signing or two from the right countries. No idea what other HAL coaches are paid, but JvS' departure ought to free up a bit of cash to spend on players?

Don't have anyone in mind - but disappointed as I am on the guy walking out on us, we should look at his exit as an opportunity not a threat.

• Like 3

Can someone please apply legitimate, using Football Manager credentials. :)

Inspiration - When a Football Manager player applied for the Middlesbrough job

Ever since the first guy done this, there is 2358923453894723894 people doing it every time a managerial job becomes available.

Much respect to the first guy who done it, but now its become gay.