Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

If SBS has faithfully reported JvS' comments then IMO those comments are rather unfortunate. It's not smart to infer that you're too good for where you've been for the past two years and that to stay would harm your prospects elsewhere and your future career, especially when your previous stint as a senior coach was a failure and the present one has not delivered results on the board. I think Heart and the fans have treated JvS pretty well; many clubs would have stood him aside once he indicated he wasn't staying, and many sets of fans turn on the manager when the team isn't doing too well.

A bit sad, really.

I tend to agree with this.

If we want to be a club that develops players then why not coaches too?

Developing our own coaches in our own system would probably be unique in Australia. Isn't this the sort of thing we're trying to emulate from some of the great clubs like Ajax or Barca? It's part of the reason we paid so much for JVS to be our foundation coach. It wasn't simply about wins and losses, but establishing a culture and system which would endure and be built on after he left. Milicic and Aloisi are an important part of his legacy. I'd be happy to look at another foreign coach if we could afford it. But of the local options, I don't see a compelling case for anyone else who's available. So why not develop our own product instead?

• Like 2

"The Dutchman, who believes staying in Australia may harm his chances of further employment in the game"

Bahahaha, too true. Unfortunately all evidence can't be destroyed Johnny and the world has already seen even the A-League is beyond you.

Your awesome at the behind the scenes stuff though, well so we're told.

J

JVS sees his coaching career as being in Europe, there are so many coaches around that you can't afford to be away from the scene too long unless you're a Hiddinck or a Zaccheroni. I wish him well.

So after that shamozel of a performance, announcing Ante would be ace!

Not sure if your serious there Warrior!

The JvS era is over. We were deluding ourselves if we thought we could go anywhere in the finals series. 13 points only in the second half of the season - we had no momentum at all.

Time to move on. Learn from the mistakes made this year. Next season begins now.

It's going to be a long six months. But at least I'll have some respite from the word 'stellar'...

Sarcastic brother!

Do not want Ante.

Thank goodness for that. I was worried there for a moment or two. Finishing sixth in a ten-team league...it's beyond me how that was ever a reasonable objective. Surely winning the thing is always the target for every team? Anyway, enough said. Just hope that the Board has the sense to make and endorse some tough decisions in the next few weeks.

Should really sign aloisi in my opinion. Would be a great senior manager

Think I read somewhere that Aloisi does not yet have the full qualifications required by the FFA to be a senior A-League coach?

In any case, IMO it's far too early for him to take on the role. It's very difficult position to be the coach of players you've actually been playing with only a short time ago. I also think he needs more experience under another senior coach before becoming a senior coach himself.

The new managers needs to one attribute that JVS didn't, balls. He needs to be able to back the philosophy and try to win games, not sit back and try not to lose. The performance and tactics against the glory were shocking.

JVS was great appointment in setting up the club, now it is time to bring in a manager that can take the club to the next level and one who truly believes in the clubs identity.

The flogs that defend JVS do my head in tbh. The FB page is especially cringe-worthy atm.

Highest paid manager in the league and can't even manage a top half finish, happy he is leaving.

Rofl so true.

Heart supporters would talk up the qualities and throw their undying support behind a mass murderer if he was just involved in the most minor of parts in the MH setup.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

At Heart, meanwhile, it is almost certain that either current assistant Ante Milicic or youth team boss John Aloisi will succeed John van 't Schip.

While Heart has had some high-profile inquiries - including Lothar Matthaus, Dutchman Ruud Krol and, it is understood, Zola - the club's way is to build from within. Milicic and Aloisi will be interviewed for the senior position this month, with the one who misses out sure to remain with the club.

Heart will, however, look to bring in someone experienced as a mentor for what will be a relatively inexperienced coaching group.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/victory-chases-arnold-postecoglou-20120402-1w8s6.html#ixzz1qvwb3TuC

i'm feeling a bit more comfortable with Milicic being the manager next season, especially after reading that text i have just bolded above. I hope that Aloisi doesn't get the job, would be a supid move IMO, but Milicic would be decent with a good mentor.

Top two clubs have Australian managers which says a lot to me.

Stop the madness of bringing import coaches over imo.

Just shattered they didnt grab Ange when they had the chance, would have been great bringing the bloke back home.

Yes in hindsight that was a mistake, but hindsight is never blind is it?

Yes in hindsight that was a mistake, but hindsight is never blind is it?

Well that is true. Seeings as it's not going to happen in the near future I'd like to know how much of a part he plays in 'finding' Roars imports.

He or whoever is responsible has an eye like Bart Cummings compared to others and could be a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

As for the mentoring role , now I know this will make most people roll their eyes and laugh but what about someone not football related?

I often wonder what someone like a Paul Roos could offer an A-league club and it's been answered with this mentoring role.

Very smart man, good analytical brain and has been at the highest level possible in the county and dealt with all that comes with it. ie. pressure, players, budget, media scrutiny etc etc

I couldn't see it hurting Ante having someone like that down at the club once a week or every fortnight. Not for tactics or coaching drills but the other 90% of what makes up a head managers role.

Did notice Ante's birthday is tomorrow and Aries are leaders so that's one positive for the bloke.

Well that is true. Seeings as it's not going to happen in the near future I'd like to know how much of a part he plays in 'finding' Roars imports.

He or whoever is responsible has an eye like Bart Cummings compared to others and could be a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

As for the mentoring role , now I know this will make most people roll their eyes and laugh but what about someone not football related?

I often wonder what someone like a Paul Roos could offer an A-league club and it's been answered with this mentoring role.

Very smart man, good analytical brain and has been at the highest level possible in the county and dealt with all that comes with it. ie. pressure, players, budget, media scrutiny etc etc

I couldn't see it hurting Ante having someone like that down at the club once a week or every fortnight. Not for tactics or coaching drills but the other 90% of what makes up a head managers role.

Did notice Ante's birthday is tomorrow and Aries are leaders so that's one positive for the bloke.

Mick Malthouse was actually doing something like this at the club this season.