Melbourne Football

RND 3 Heart v Perth (Sun 27th - away)

Cinnamon

cant see us conceding a goal in this game. Unless there are other penalties. I think thats Kisnorbo's one flaw, he is a very physical player and you could see that last night, so there is always a risk with him in the box. But, his strengths far outweigh that. 

I think a draw or we might finally break the hoodoo. No Kewell but we have Mifsud finally but I am not sure how Mifsud will go without a strong AM behind him. I am hoping Kalmar starts, but we will see.

Edited by Dylan

How about...

Redmayne;

Hoffman, Kisnorbo, Wielaert, Behich;

Migliorini, Murdocca;

Kewell

GolGol/Williams, Mifsud, Ramsay.

GolGol in there on the basis of his ability with free-kicks - Williams also be a very strong contender for the RW position. IMO we must start Ramsay on the left. If Kewell isn't fit then it's time for Kalmar to stand up. Much as I'm a fan of Walker, Hoff doesn't deserve to be dropped.

We still look a little bit short in the forwards if HK doesn't come up.

Risdon just hobbled off 10 minutes in to the jets game.

We can beat these pricks, Mifsud back and coming off a good performance, hopeully this can be our first win of the season, confident we can.

Zappers just saying tendon damage in his knee, and an assessment will be made in the coming days. He's a really good young player, so hopefully he misses next week

cant see us conceding a goal in this game. Unless there are other penalties. I think thats Kisnorbo's one flaw, he is a very physical player and you could see that last night, so there is always a risk with him in the box. But, his strengths far outweigh that. .

As opposed to the ticking time bomb collosimo haha, at least Kisnorbos is measured in his aggression not just slow and clumsy.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

cant see us conceding a goal in this game. Unless there are other penalties. I think thats Kisnorbo's one flaw, he is a very physical player and you could see that last night, so there is always a risk with him in the box. But, his strengths far outweigh that. .

As opposed to the ticking time bomb collosimo haha, at least Kisnorbos is measured in his aggression not just slow and clumsy.

I wassnt really having a go it was just something I noticed when defending on the end I was sitting. But he does it right he somehow entices the attacking player to wrestle with him and he always wins :D

Redmayne 

Hoffman - Wieelart - Kisnorbo - Behich

Murdocca - Migliorini

Williams  - Kewell - Ramsay 

Mifsud

Tando - Gol gol (bring on after 65mins) - Mate (take williams off after 65 or so) - Paddy G - Kalmar (take off kewell after 60)

IF kewell isnt fit to start 

Redmayne 

Hoffman - Wieelart - Kisnorbo - Behich

Murdocca - Migliorini

Mate  - Williams - Ramsay 

Mifsud

Glory not showing much ATM. Bogey man Smeltzy still a few weeks away so with our new water tight defence and tear-away counter attacking play we should pick up all three points. An away win will set up our season and a run to the finals :up:  WIll Ben Williams have the whislte for this game :unsure:

Edited by HEARTinator

This game will be the real test of our improvement, it's an away game and Perth has always been difficult. It'll certainly test our away game difficulty from last season, but I think that it's clear now that we have a different team, although losing a 2-0 lead (even with Ben Williams assistance) shows that we have room for improvement in retaining our composure (CCM are good models for us in this regards). Mifsud is an unknown factor, he hasn't played much with the team, I would be bringing him in from the bench early in the second half and start GolGol. I'm concerned at the idea of Nagai playing on Hoffman, I'd really like to understand why JA prefers him to Jez Walker.

doesnt surprise me that Perth were rubbish

going into the season they, Newcastle and Wellington have really looked a good season away from being consistent / able to challenge for a finals spot.  too many kids with nothing on offer from the older heads to really show class in times of need.  sounds like us last season.  Wellington might surprise, but with so many youngsters and a WC year they will face too much upheval each week.

we still have to treat them with respect.  treat it like we have three points to prove.

Edited by mattyh001

I don't really mind if Kewell stays home this week. This game should be suited to our counter attacking style - Perth will be chasing a result at home - and the same line up provides plenty of pace to catch them out. Hopefully Kewell will be raring to go for Brisbane.

So what's the story with Kewell? In or out?

Apparently, according to Matt Windley as of today:

Both Kewell (neck injury) and Mifsud (international duty) are expected to return for next Sunday’s game against Perth at nib Stadium, creating a selection headache for Aloisi.

(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/melbourne-heart-brimming-with-confidence-after-encouraging-performances-against-victory-mariners/story-fnibbvjo-1226743412784)

I hope Kewell can play for 45 or 60 minutes. Don't need or want him to play 90 minutes though, because he is coming back from injury,.

So what's the story with Kewell? In or out?

Apparently, according to Matt Windley as of today:

Both Kewell (neck injury) and Mifsud (international duty) are expected to return for next Sunday’s game against Perth at nib Stadium, creating a selection headache for Aloisi.

(http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/melbourne-heart-brimming-with-confidence-after-encouraging-performances-against-victory-mariners/story-fnibbvjo-1226743412784)

I hope Kewell can play for 45 or 60 minutes. Don't need or want him to play 90 minutes though, because he is coming back from injury,.

That's good news. Start Kewell so he can set the tone and then bring him off at 60 for precaution. If this is what happens, then hopefully we don't fade like we did against Victory.

Why the fuck did we make this flog our captain when we knew he was going to be injured every week and unable to play 90 mins.

Kewell OUT.

It's a freak injury, not like he's done a hammy, otherwise he would've played every game this season. I've never had a wiplash injury before, so i don't know what it's like, but there is no point of risking him this early in the season if he is not feeling 100%. You'll be singing his praises when he wins us the league :up:

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 3

My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the name "Colosimo". And you ruined my day as he was etched away in some corner of my brain now he is back on my mind.

I'd rather Kewell is used as a Super-Sub to be honest! Bring him on around 65mins (or earlier if needed).

We know what our second halves are like when we play outside of Melbourne! You need Captain Kewell to come in and put some wind in our sails in the second half and guide the ship home  ;)

Good thing that Smeltz isn't playing either...no one will be scoring a hat-trick against us this weekend! Lol

• Like 1

I'd rather Kewell is used as a Super-Sub to be honest! Bring him on around 65mins (or earlier if needed).

We know what our second halves are like when we play outside of Melbourne! You need Captain Kewell to come in and put some wind in our sails in the second half and guide the ship home  ;)

Good thing that Smeltz isn't playing either...no one will be scoring a hat-trick against us this weekend! Lol

Next thing you know... McGarry puts 3 past us